Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arunap
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ArunapYour feedback matters!
मेरी शादी को तीन साल हो गए है परंतु में अभी तक गर्भवती नहीं हुई हूँ मेने डॉक्टर से इस सम्बंध में सलाह ली एवं जाँच रिपोर्ट में पाया गया की मेरे शरीर में anti mullein हॉर्मोन की कमी के कारण गर्भवती नहीं हो रहे हो मुझे क्या करना चाहिए
Sir I had unprotected sex with my boy friend later I took unwanted 72 within 3 hours but I got my periods at my own date my cycle is 25 days is it normal or there is any chance of pregnancy please clear this.
Good evening, I am Dr Anju Yadav and I am working as a Fertility specialist at Bourn Hall Fertility, Gurgaon. So, today I am going to speak about common myths which are there among people about IVF.
Some of the common Myths about IVF-
- The most common misconception is related to bed rest. Some people feel that prolonged bed rest will help increase the chance of getting pregnant. But scientifically it is not true and there is no evidence till date that bed rest help in increasing the chances of pregnancy. In fact, some studies have shown that if you do bed rest for a long time, it will re distribute the blood flow to your pelvic organs and it might decrease the chances of getting pregnant. Hence, it is always advisable to resume your routine physical activity. After embryo transfer, we medically always advise our patients to refrain from strenuous physical activities but it is actually recommended to resume your routine physical activities.
- The second prevalent misconception about IVF is that if you go for IVF, IVF will lead to your early menopause. This is again not true. Females are born with the fixed number of eggs and that can vary from lakhs to millions and females do not produce new eggs. So, when the female start menstruating every month, few of these eggs start growing and one of them will grow mature and ovulate while rest of the eggs will die in this process. So, ultimately every month we are going to lose some eggs. It does not matter whether we are trying to get pregnant or we go for IUI, IVF but some of the eggs are going to be lost. It is not like IVF will deplete your eggs, in fact, IVF is very safe and effective procedure and there are no ill- lasting effects in your body.
- Some patients think that IVF causes ovarian cancer. It is again a myth because first IVF baby was born in 1978 and till then researches are being done on this topic and there is no evidence found till now that it causes Ovarian cancer. So, there is no need to be afraid of myths. It is very safe and effective treatment.
If you want to know more about IVF procedure, you can contact me on Lybrate.
It is very vital to prevent the onset of disease, before it can turn your life upside down. One of the most popular forms of alternative medicine, Unani stresses on the importance of prevention of diseases. Here are the six essential prerequisites that have been laid down by the Unani system for promotion of good health and overall well-being:
- Air: Good and clean air is vital in order to maintain good health. Today, many people are affected with several diseases due to excessive levels of pollution in our environment. A famous Arab physician named Avicenna once stated that a change in environment relieves the patients of many diseases. Unani medicine emphasizes the need for open and airy houses with a proper system of ventilation to keep diseases at bay.
- Food and drinks: You are what you eat and drink. So, make healthy choices in your diet to stay disease-free. The Unani system recommends intake of freshly prepared food, free from putrefaction. It specializes in prescribing diets according to the health condition of the individual.
- Bodily movement and repose: Physical movement and staying active is also very important to maintain good health. Unani medicine continuously stresses on the importance of exercise that helps the growth of muscles, increases blood supply, and maintains proper functioning of the excretory system.
- Psychic movement and repose: The Unani system has extensively documented the impact of psychological factors on our well-being. Happiness, sorrow, anger and stress play a key role in the treatment and prevention of disease. In fact, there is a separate branch of psychological treatment in Unani medicine that helps to deal with it.
- Sleep and wakefulness: Sleep provides rest, both physically and mentally. Lack of it can cause fatigue, digestive disturbances and mental weakness. A normal sleep time and active time of wakefulness are advocated for good health.
- Evacuation and retention: The waste products of the body must be properly excreted and all the essential nutrients should be retained in the blood flow. Without proper functioning of the excretory system, toxins build up in the body, leading to sickness and disease.
These essential prerequisites, referred to as Asbab-e-Sitta Zarooriya, are given utmost importance in Unani medicine. This system employs these basic principles in their therapy, which constitutes of the following:
- Diet therapy – Regulation of quantity or quality of food
- Regimental therapy – Takes care of evacuation of waste material from the body using various means
- Pharmacotherapy – Use of natural drugs and combinations in their formulations with minimal side effects