Find numerous Veterinarians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Veterinarians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Arunachalam T MYour feedback matters!
My dog is vomiting water like liquid little foamy with tiny bits of blood, it happened twice, one 5 days back in the morning around 4am, then at 2am. During vomiting he collapsed and paralyzed without any movement. Both time he woke up after 5 mins and he was active. I gave him Ranitac and vomited (half). Please help me, I am scared, he is 12 yrs old. 6 months back he had UTI. He is being given Nefrotec DS 2 tabs a day from 6 months as Advised by Vet. Please Please Help me, save my boy.
My doberman pup has swallowed 8 tabs of ivermectine. Now his pupils are dilated and eye color is changed. He is unable to see anything. What to do now?
My german shepherd is now 4 months old ,very active . Giving steamed vegetables like carrot,cucumber, gourd,pumpkin,raddish and patta gobhi with curd and 5 chappati in each meal(Twice Daily) along with 50-60 gms of Pedigree.Sometomes egg too in this meal,will potato is advisable.Is any multivtamin or liver supplement to be given at this stage?
My golden retreiver is having hot spot which is recuring in nature i have even provided him lixen and regular haircuts but again when hair grows his skin problems comes back , kindly help me , is there any permanent cure?
My rabbit is of 2 1/2 month old and he is not feeling well. Both ears are down and eyes almost closed but is moving slowly! what should I do:(
My Sweety a Golden Retriever 8 years old suddenly yesterday on wards showing very frightened behavior. Head is turned on one side slightly. One eye is flickering. Even getting into lift afraid. Earlier also she use to getting into the lift very cautiously. Walking is not much problem, Getting up she shows some problem. She is over weight. Hysterectomy done many years ago. Today one vet will come and examine her. Yesterday being Sunday nobody came. Under vet instruction Antihistamine and anxiety tablets given. Also Paracetamol tab.
I want to know about 15 months German Shepherd feed and the health problems which may cause. Thank you.
I have a cat accidentally she pour kerosene oil on her on 10 may 2017 till yesterday she was silent but fine but today whole the day she is sleeping not moving only silent and sleeping can not move quickly may be she inhaled kerosene oil please suggest what to do I dnt want my cat to die.
My dog aged 4 years suffers from bad breath. I have tried brushing his teeth, which he does not like and is such a waste of time and energy. What should I do?
How to get rid of tics on my lab dog it had layed babies on my lab dog can u suggest me best medicine for it sir?
Hello My dog is mixed breed of lab and street and is 8 years old this year. Could you please let me know the precautions I should take ? He sheds hair every two months as well. But Is very active and runs a lot.
I have a pet dog of 1 year 4months age. There are few blister type formation just near his mouth. Sometimes blood comes out from it. Any idea what is it?
My labra dog is 6 month old and his weight is 28 kg mere dog ko bahut khujali ho rahi he or vo itna khujata he ki vaha se blood nikal aata he please help me.
Like human beings, dogs along with other mammals too suffer from arthritis, particularly when they are aging. Younger dogs can also suffer from arthritic changes which can be painful and uncomfortable for the dog. This pain is caused by different signs and symptoms of arthritis and being aware of those signs can help you access early treatment and recovery.
- Limping on the legs: This is the first sign of arthritis when you see your dog limp on one or more of his legs. Under certain circumstances, the limp is seen to be in its severe state when the dog first rises and then it gradually becomes unnoticeable when the dog warms up.
- Difficulty in moving: The dog may be reluctant in moving or taking part in its favorite activities. It could be something like playing in the backyard or getting inside the car or going up and down the stairs. If this is the case with your dog, then you should not ignore it and look for medical assistance.
- Discomfort in the spinal region: Arthritic alterations may not only occur in the legs of the dog, but also in the several parts of its body. These alterations may result in abnormal posture, sore and swelling of the neck or lameness in the hind legs.
- Tiredness and fatigue: You may have known your dog to be very active, but these days, you see it become tired too easily. For your dogs, this could mean that the walks have shortened and even painful. When plagued by these conditions, your dog would want to spend most of its time resting and sleeping.
- Easily irritated: Arthritic animals, be it a cat or a dog is definite to be irritated very easily. Some of them may even bite or scratch when handled or approached. The condition is even worsened when the pet is handled in a way that triggers its arthritic pain.
- Dying off of the tissues in the muscle: When a dog suffers from arthritis, it may also cause muscle atrophy or dying off of the muscle owing to decreased movement of the muscle and inactivity. When the dog has muscle atrophy, the legs would become thinner than normal legs.
- Licking the affected area: Dogs who are suffering from arthritic pain may develop a habit of biting, chewing and licking the affected area. Even though it is normal to indulge in such activities, it may reach an extent where the area becomes inflamed or there is a loss of hair in those areas in the body.
It is not that your dog would all of these signs if it has arthritis and therefore, you must consult with a reputed veterinarian if you see any of these signs without further delay.
Finally osteoarthritis is a multifactorial disease. Genetic predisposition, inherited skeletal disorders like hip dysplasia, pollution factors inducing free radical damage may make your dog prone to oasteoarthiris. Obesity is a common factor which aggravates the sufferings. Dietary management, physical managements like controlled exercise & swimming, physiotherapy and feed supplements that protect joints & bone structures along with available commercial diets for nourishing those delicate structures may be a good gateway tovprovide your beloved pet a quality life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.