Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Aruna Gundu TilveYour feedback matters!
I am pregnant. Initial days only. I just want to know which medicines can I take for the abortion and please direct me with the dosage also. Thanks.
High blood pressure is a condition which occurs when the pressure of the blood flow through the arteries increases, resulting in intense pressure. Hypertension occurs when the systolic pressure (pressure at which the heart pumps blood) and the diastolic pressure (pressure at which the heart relaxes) is more than 140 and 90 respectively.
Symptoms of high blood pressure are:
- Shortness of breath: If you have high blood pressure, then you may experience regular shortness of breath.
- Headaches: You may experience headaches on a regular basis.
- Weakness of the heart muscles: Hypertension results in a weak heart which may not be able to pump blood properly.
- Narrowing of blood vessels: Narrowing of blood vessels may lead to other complications such as failure of the kidneys, heart, and brain.
- Vision problems: It may lead to vision problems as blood vessels in the eye may be affected.
The various causes of blood pressure are:
- Tobacco: If you smoke on a regular basis, you put yourself at an increased risk of getting affected by blood pressure.
- Lifestyle: Not exercising regularly, eating a sodium-rich diet are all factors which can increase the chances of hypertension.
- Age: The chances of getting affected by hypertension increase as you age.
- Weight: Being excessively obese also increases your risk of getting affected by hypertension.
- Diabetes: Being diabetic makes you more prone to getting affected by diabetes.
- Hyperthyroidism: If you have an overactive thyroid gland, then it may result in hypertension.
Hypertension may result in various health complications in the body such as:
- Aneurysm: This is a disorder of the blood vessels which causes the blood vessels to bulge and weaken.
- Heart attack: High blood pressure causes the arteries to harden and thicken which may lead to a heart attack.
- Metabolic syndrome: This syndrome refers to a group of complications such as high bad cholesterol levels and insulin levels in the body.
- Impaired brain functioning: It may also impair your ability to learn and impact your cognitive skills.
What is the best and suitable time to become pregnant before and after period. Periods ends on 10 September 2016, So what is the peak ovulation time.
I have started menses at the age 11.5 and starting from it I am facing problem of irregularity. As I have taken treatment after taking medicine it is fine and when I stopped medicine it occurs again no periods come without medicine. Dont know what is the cause I have taken ultrasound but nothing find out.
Hi doctor I am a house wife in 43 yrs old, actually this month I have continuously periods coming its very pain and I have 2 children. So please give a suggestion for me.
Daily consumption of one to two tablespoons of olive oil will do no harm to your body when compared to butter and other vegetable oils.
From July to September it’s Varsha ritu.
According to Ayurveda there are Do’s and Don’ts to stay healthy and free from diseases in this varsha ritu (Rainy season).
1) Digestive fire in this season is low,so to purify body, Panchkarma specially vaman,virechan, and vasti is advised according to Ayurveda.
2) Have dry,light,hot fresh food and food containing ghee.
3) Add honey, ghee, oil in your diet.
4) According to ayurvedic text , old shali rice,wheat,oats,vegitable soup should be added in diet.
5) Honey is very useful in this Varsha ritu (rainy season).
Day dreaming, excessive liquid diet, excessive walking, exercises , sun rays, excessive intercourse.
Small blood clots come from my vagina daily. ● Its not periods. ● a pain occurs during urination cause slight shivering to me. Not exactly the pinching pain its something exited me to hold tight that part and then I feel relief ● a false smell after urine ● NO pain in stomach. (i have recently recovered from abnormal mensuration bleeding. Bleeding lasted for more than 30 days.)
Yesterday I had sex with my gf during her first day of menstruation which came 4 days earlier and I ejaculated inside her vagina so is there any chances of getting her pregnant?
How a married women can avoid pregnancy having sex without condom and intake of ipill. What is the best time and best way to do sex to avoid pregnancy.
I'm on medication of polycystic ovary syndrome over the last 5-6 months. Medicine which Doctor preferred me is Glycomet-500. I had sex on 8th December 2016 without protection. I took ipill that very evening. My last month's menstruation date was 22 November 2016. I had still not received menstruation. What are the chances of getting pregnant? I'm really tensed. What shall I do? And I can't consult to my gynaecologist as he's our family doctor. Things are getting worse for me. Suggest me something.
Always wear a full-face helmet or a mouth guard while playing sports. It will protect your mouth from any unnecessary injury.
At pregnancy time can we do sex with our partner, if yes with protection or without protection is good.
General Precautions in Swine Flu during Pregnancy
Frequent handwashing is the single most important safety precaution that is suggested.
Flu spreads when virus from an infected person's secretions like sneezing etc spreads in the environment.Occassionaly touching an infected area and then touching your nose/ eyes or mouth may allow the live virus to enter your system. Most of the time this virus gets killed by our body's defences but at times it may survive and cause flu.
Catch it, Bin it and kill it is the magic mantra:
Catch your infected secretions in a tissue/ handkerchief and promptly kill it by putting it in the dustbin and washing your hands with soap.
Hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol content are supposed to kill the virus in 60 seconds.
Keep the hard surfaces/infants toys; clean. Household cleansers should be used liberally as they can reduce the transmission rate.
Finally it is advised that in pregnancy one should avoid contact with sick people.
Use of vaccines
Till date two types of vaccines against swine flu are available.
1) Nasal spray vaccine: This cannot be taken in pregnancy.
2) Injectable vaccine: This is safe in pregnancy and it is strongly recommended that if seasonal swine flu is present then all pregnant women should take the vaccine. Please ask your doctor for more details.
WHO recommends that all pregnant women should be offered the vaccine. This will decrease their chances of contracting the disease and also protect their newborn from swine flu in the neonatal period
This vaccine does not have any serious side effects but may cause mild flu like symptoms upto 48hrs in some people but this is not flu as the vaccine does not have live virus. There may be some redness, soreness,or swelling at the injection site which disappears on its own.
Use of Drugs:
These are used only for close contacts of confirmed positive cases, like people living in the same house as the patient.
The drug (Tamiflu) is safe in pregnancy. Ask your doctor whether you should be taking it in case you are pregnant and any of your family members have been diagnosed with swine flu.
What should I do if I think I have swine flu and I'm pregnant?
You must go to your doctor immediately ;who would check you up and may want to take throat/ nose swabs for confirmation of swine flu. If she thinks you indeed have swine flu, she may start the medicines without waiting for the lab confirmation.
If swine flu is confirmed then you have to take further treatement from dedicated swine flu centers in your area.
In the mean time, stop going to your workplace and avoid unneccesary exposure to people to contain the spread of flu.
If you have a mild disease then you need to take treatment from home. You must avoid exertion and take plenty of fluids by mouth during this time.
If your symptoms are severe then you may require hospital admission to monitor you and your baby.
Can I breastfeed my baby if I have swine flu?
Yes. In fact it has been found that breastfed babies have a stronger immunity against swine flu.
If you have an active flu or you are very sick, you may express breast milk in a bottle and a healthy person can feed the baby.
You need not stop breastfeeding your baby even if you are on treatment for swine flu.
My sister having pregnancy and 1 year back she had a delivery by cesarean and have 1 year baby now she asking that she don't want this child. Please advise what to do ?
Which type of fruits and vegetables to be eaten by the pregnant lady. And the pregnancy age is 4 months.
Polycystic ovaries are quite a common problem nowadays due to sedentary habit and excessive intake of out sided junk food.
-excessive weight gain
- irregular menstrual period
- difficulty in conception
- excessive hair growth over face
-the first line of treatment is weight reduction by regular exercises and by avoiding junk food
If still the weight is not controlled then medicines are given to normalize period and to improve fertility rate.