Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Arun Prabhu MsYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor I have glasses since my childhood days. My sight would be around 11 for both the eyes. How to reduce it. And get away from species.
I have double vision doctor checked the eyes MRI was done. But did not find anything in MRI. Gave tablet neurobion forte n existing. N told to bring diabetes under control which is high. Cholesterol n TG also high. Taking medicine for the same which is bringing down. When the double vision get cured.
I use spactical from my childhood and my eye power is (-) 7 in my both eye's. How it can be reduced.
What causes watery eyes? Is it necessary to have the eyes operated to get over the problem resolved or can one put eye drops to over come the same. In case yes, then which eye drops?
Hello sir I am having back pain since last few days. And also I am having ichness in my eyes. What to do.
I have Long distance eye problem already have high eye power glass have power -3 please suggest any power drops medicine for this problem.
With technology at your fingertips, it is hard to think of times when the existence of laptops and television sets was unimaginable. Technology is common enough to be taken for granted in present times. TV and laptops are especially in widespread use. The primary reason could be entertainment, an urge to connect to the larger world, or the need to kill time. Such dependability leads to severe health hazards. Read on to find out more:
Effects of TV and laptops on your health:
- Sleep deprivation: Long hours of exposure to artificial light can lead to sleep deprivation.
- It can also lead to serious vision problems: Watching TV or using laptops for long hours can make your eyes vulnerable to constant glare. You fail to realize, but changing lights of a computer screen or of a television set in a dark room can be extremely strenuous for your eyes to adjust. Constantly changing lights can lead to glaucoma. However, dry and itchy eyes, headaches and poor vision are the commonly noticed effects.
- It causes obesity in children and adults: Since all your work can be done on the internet, you tend to become lethargic. You are too lazy to go to the market or to the bank. Even if you are not watching you use the television for background music. Adults therefore do not make qualitative use of their free time. Children are addicted to playing games and browsing sites on the laptop. They hardly indulge in outdoor games. This leads to obesity in adults and children all the same.
- Propels your desire to eat fast food or packaged food: Binge eating is a very common practice while watching TV or using laptops. Chips, pizzas, burgers, ice- creams, cold drinks and absolutely anything junk devoid of nutritional value are more liked by us. Junk food not only leads to weight gain but is also detrimental to our digestive system.
- Can increase the risk of infertility in men: Laptops heat up when used for a long span of time. This heat can increase scrotum temperature which results in reduced sperm production, leading to infertility.
As is said, nothing in excess is good for your health. It is therefore, best to make controlled use of TV and laptops to avoid its harmful effects.
I have a red eye from five days what should I do? Please tell me its very irritating what should I do?
Is this a common sight at your home?
Parents using smartphone may not experience much harm but your little ones are prone to serious consequences which rarely anyone tells you. Read on. (early myopia, crossed eye, dry eyes, attention deficit, aggressive behavior, poor concentration and of course obesity leading to diabetes and hypertension later are the consequences)
Many pediatric eye doctors believe that heavy computer (smartphone is even worse) use among children puts them at risk for early myopia.
Haven't you seen today's generation wearing more specs than ever before? remember lasik lasers for eyeglass removal is not as safe as it is made out to be.
Symptoms of dry eye disease were more common in children who spent more time on smartphones and less time outdoors than other young people.
Staring at smartphones, computers and other screens has been linked to reduced blinking, which can lead to faster evaporation of the tear film and increase the risk of dry-eye disease, it's a most common problem among it professionals and now it's affecting children who are just 10 years old.
Smartphones also have a short watching distance due to their small screens that can tire the eyes.
Can you afford burning eyes in your child where the tear glands have stopped tear production and needs lifelong lubricating eye drops?
Excessive smartphone use may lead to a rare form of strabismus, or" crossed eyes" known as acute acquired comitant esotropia (aace). Strabismus most often appears in infancy, but sometimes kids develop it suddenly.
Computer use demands fine motor skills from young eyes that are not well developed. Only when the visual system matures is a child better able to handle the stress of a computer on that system. Remember brain and eyes are linked, a poor reception by eyes leads to poor mental development.
What to do now?
1) push your child to play outdoor sports (must).
2) before starting school eyes must be checked by an experienced doctor, serious eye problem if found early can save your child vision.
3) please limit the smartphone exposure of your child. Their eyes are not same as yours. Their brain development is also incomplete and eyes play a major role in development of brain.
4) encourage kids to take 20-second breaks from the computer every 20 minutes to minimize the development of eye focusing problems and eye irritation. (some eye doctors call this the" 20-20 rule")
5) check the ergonomics of the workstation. For young and small children, make sure the computer workstation is adjusted to their body size. The recommended distance between the monitor and the eye for children is 18 to 28 inches.
Viewing the computer screen closer than 18 inches can strain the eyes. For smartphone, the answer is complete avoidance for kids less than 10 years. Smartphone is causing much more harm than desktop due to its small screen size and convergent
Dr Arjun Kumar Singh,
Avadh Eye Hospital, Patna
Doctor has an experience of 34 yrs, 50000 eye surgeries and 10000 phaco surgeries.
Doctor has pioneered phaco surgery for cataract in undivided bihar and was second person to do so in east india in 1995
Get personalized advice online/take second opinion/book physical appointment online/read complete detail of doctor on www.lybrate.com/arjunkumarsingh or lybrate app (better user experience).