Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arun
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. ArunYour feedback matters!
Knee replacement surgery is a procedure that is used to replace a worn out knee joint with an artificial knee joint. Such a surgery is advised if your knee is causing pain and limiting your daily activities, provided other treatments have failed to cause the desired impact.
Once the knee replacement surgery is completed, the focus shifts to the recovery phase.
- The duration of the recovery depends on the type of surgery and the individual.
- After the surgery, painkillers are administered to provide relief from the pain.
- In some cases, oxygen is administered through various tubes if required.
- A blood transfusion may also be required after a knee replacement surgery.
- The surgical wound will require a dressing to allow it to heal faster and prevent infection.
- A drain will be attached to the wound to drain out the blood from it and prevent accumulation of blood in the wound.
- The dressing of the wound should be changed regularly.
Post- Surgery Care
- Post-surgery, you will need assistance to help you walk. If the surgery that you underwent was minimally invasive, then you should be able to walk on the very same day. Your physiotherapist will prescribe and show you some exercises to strengthen the knee. It is important that you follow his/her instructions to avoid complications.
- A passive motion machine is sometimes prescribed as it helps to restore the movement of the knee. It helps in reducing the swelling by keeping your leg elevated and moving the knee when you are lying down.
Here are some knee replacement recovery tips:
- Avoid doing any work that puts pressure on the knees.
- Eat nutritious meals so that the body receives proper nourishment, thus allowing your leg to heal faster.
- Avoid heavy exercises which can strain your knees.
- Perform all the exercises prescribed by your physiotherapist to speed up the recovery process.
- Do not sit with your legs crossed for a few months after the surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!