Find numerous Rheumatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Arun ChogleYour feedback matters!
my mom knee her knee is so high pain since last 5 years and doctor says my mom knee is may be liquid is low and gap in knee and my mom 55 years old so kindly suggest me What should I do.
Gone are the days when mostly elderly people complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hi I am 40 yrs old I had l4, l5 problem means like a butterfly shape is there, but last year summer ending I face a problem of knee to foot and elbow to fingers burning sensation is there, at that time I met one Dr. He given a simple medication means daily one tab of nuerobeian and daily morning and evening 30 mins walking with belt after that I relive that pain now means after one year I facing same problem and one more thing when I wear the belt after that my total body is shivering and motion sensation is there means some times coming some times may not total body is dehydrogenation feeling is there please kindly give me a best suggestion thanking you.
Hello Dr. I'm suffering form (Arthritis) last 1 year I also consult a Dr. He give a medicine but don't effects seriously. So Dr. What I do?
Hi i Am suffering from hairfall continuously with an high pain in knees nd gaining weight fast as well.
Hi. I am 35 year old male and I am suffering from severe knee pain from the last 1 week. I consulted a nearby doctor but it was not helpful. The pain balm given does not work well, is there qny solution for this problem to reduce my knee pain?
I have knee pain from 2-3 month when I get any painkiller or use move then I give relief only for 1-2 days and after that pain again continuously.
I am suffering from bad knee condition after got injured in playing football! Is there is any muscle pain or nerve blocking?
I have anxiety worry and insomnia problem doctor give me medicine I feel relief but I do note take medicine no relief advice me.
I was doing my workout from past one month including 3 to 4 km running, 2 sets (20) of ladder up and Down and 1 hour gym session in morning. But from last saturday while doing Squat exercise there is lots of pain going on my lower legs. Below knee. Now I am unable to run not even 1 km. My physical test of running 1.6 km in 6.30 minute is coming next week but due to pain I am unable to run Please suggest something better and how to to increase my running so I complete on time. Thanks in Advance.
Is osteoarthritis a part of aging, and is there a way to reduce risks, even after age 50? Do sleep needs change as we age? How much sleep do we need after age 50? Please help me and I want to good suggestion please.
Sir I start running from a week ago now I feel pain in my knees and my legs does any problem with me?
Arthritis due to factors other than aging are mostly preventable if the underlying disorders are correctly managed and kept under control.
However age related arthritis like osteoarthritis is not entirely preventable. Its possible to delay the onset of such arthritis by preventing obesity and with regular exercise and proper dietary habits.