Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Arti ShahYour feedback matters!
After periods with in 15 days I had sex 3 times is there any changes of getting pregnant. I have headache from yesterday and night I had vomiting to,am i pregnant.
I am non vegetarian I am 27 years old women mother of 3 kids all a normal delivery lactation mother I am having poly cystic ovary (irregular periods, supra ventricular tachycardia and I am taking diltiazem tablet 30 mg tds for heart and I have a weight of 75 kg and my height is 164.5 I want to reduce my body according to my body mass index .please help me with a proper and accurate diet chart.
dear dr. have a problem of disturb menstruation cycle. from last 3 i think because of this gaining weight and unable to reduce weight by doing proper exercise please tell me proper solution for this illness.
Hi, I am having PCOS since 4 months now. Started with delayed periods since May then I consulted Gynac in June After ultrasound got to know I have PCOS. She asked me to have Normoz for 3 months and gave some Vit. D and folic acid. Again need to meet her. Quite tensed. Planning to have a baby since Jan still not succeed. I am obese and cannot shed weight too. I am broken now.
Hi doctor I'm causes breast feeding lumps in right breast, after stopped feeding. I'm consult surgeon and removed pus, now daily dressing going on but still causes lump around the wound what should be do. The doctor said it could reduce after wound clear. Now little bit pus out from nipple it could be fear on me again it make any problem future, please suggest me result asap.
Women tend to develop high levels of blood sugar during their pregnancy (especially within the 24th and 28th weeks), irrespective of whether they already had suffered from diabetes prior to their pregnancy. However, gestational diabetes, if not taken proper care of, might escalate the risks of developing diabetes in the near future for both the mother and the child, accompanied by complications in pregnancy or labor. Gestational diabetes is usually characterized by mild symptoms such as excessive urge to urinate, excessive thirst, blurred vision and fatigue.
Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, allows for the utilization of the glucose for energy. The food consumed is broken down by the digestive tract of the body, converting carbohydrates into glucose before releasing it into the bloodstream. The glucose is then absorbed by the cells to be used as an energy source. Now, at the time of pregnancy, the placenta (organ nourishing the fetus) connecting the baby to the blood supply also produces various other hormones in high levels, for instance, estrogen and human placental lactogen. Most of these hinder the normal functioning of insulin in the cells, hence raising the blood sugar count. With subsequent growth of the baby, the placenta keeps on producing more amounts of such insulin resistant hormones to an extent that they are capable of meddling with the development of the baby.
1. Monitoring the blood sugar count at least four to five times a day and keeping it under control might help to ease the complication.
2. A healthy diet consisting of whole grains, vegetables and fruits in the right proportion and limiting sugar or other highly refined carbs meets the nutrition and fiber requirement of the body. Guard against additional weight gain during pregnancy as that hampers the entire process.
3. Exercise or regular physical activities help to normalize blood sugar level by boosting glucose absorption in the cells. Furthermore, exercises also enhance the sensitivity of the cells towards insulin. This means that only a little amount of insulin production by your body would be enough for the transportation of sugar.
4. Medication, If exercise and diet fall inadequate, insulin injections are often administered to control blood sugar count.
5. Keeping the baby under close observation with the help of repeated ultrasound and other tests to record its growth and development is an essential part of the treatment plan. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.