Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arshad Khan
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arshad KhanYour feedback matters!
Darier's disease is a skin disorder. It is usually chronic in nature and an inherited condition. This disease is not contagious and affects the surface cells of your skin. Generally, it starts affecting a person during adolescence. In this condition, the skin cells are not properly bound together and as a result, blisters may form on the surface of the skin, resulting in the skin becoming scaly in appearance. However, Darier's disease is not caused due to any kind of allergic reaction.
The following causes can be responsible for Darier's disease:
- Calcium deficiency affects desmosomes (skin structure which help the surface cells of the skin to stick together), which can cause Darier's disease.
- Exposure to harmful rays of the sun can worsen your condition
- Perspiration may aggravate Darier's disease
- Darier's disease is hereditary in nature
Some of the most common symptoms of Darier's disease include:
- Rashes may appear on the face, neck, back and chest region
- Your skin may smell pungent
- Viral and bacterial infection may occur
- Your skin tends to become greasy
- Warts may develop on the hands
- Discoloration of the nails is common
Darier's disease can be treated by the following treatment procedures:
- Antibiotic ointment and topical creams (corticosteroids or retinol) can help you to get rid of the itching sensation.
- Laser treatments can prove to be helpful in certain cases.
- Dermabrasion can be considered as a treatment option. It removes the affected surface layer of the skin.
- Your doctor may also prescribe oral medications containing retinoid (compounds having similar effects to those of vitamin A). If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.