Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Arshad JamalYour feedback matters!
I am 65 years male, I have pain in my both thighs muscular pain in night more n morning till afternoon hipes joint pain please advise. Naturally courable.
I have finger pain what should I do I take many medicine but I can't feel better if you will give me right suggestion I will be feel better please give me your suggestion.
My father (age 48) is having pain in right arm elbow joint since 5 months, what is the cure for this.
I am atique I have one question my back pain past 20 day then what should I do please sir suggest me.
Sir I fell back pain last 2 year please give me me suggestion what should I do.in evening and morning I feel so much pain please give me advice.
Hi doctor I am sanjay and feeling lower back pain and some formication in my right leg (calf/buttock/thighs) somebody advice me for Dr. Rekwerg R-71 homeopathic. Please advice.
I am 24 years old. I had a gastric problem since 2 years. I have taken many of the medicines but till now I have got no improvement. Also I have sort of calcium in my body for which my muscles pain everyday. So what should I do to improve those problems?
From marathon runners to footballers, amongst athletes, 'pulling a hamstring' is the most common type of injury. The hamstring is a group of four muscles at the back of your thigh. When one of these muscles gets overloaded or begins to tear, it is known as a hamstring injury. While a hamstring injury is painful, it does not indicate the end of an athlete's career.
Minor hamstring injuries may heal by themselves. In cases where one of the muscles is torn, surgery is required to repair and reattach the muscles. Recovery time depends on the severity of the injury. Stretching and exercising the muscles of the leg are the most important parts of rehabilitation. The healing of a hamstring injury can be divided into four stages.
- Acute phase: The first five days after a hamstring injury is known as the acute phase of rehabilitation. The aim of treatment at this phase is to reduce inflammation and keep the other muscles from atrophy. For minor hamstring injuries resting the leg, using ice packs and keeping the leg elevated can accelerate the healing process. Once the pain and swelling has decreased, patients can use a cane or crutch to exercise the leg.
- Subacute phase: From the fifth day to the 3rd week after the injury, the focus of the treatment shifts from minimizing swelling to strengthening the leg and increasing the range of possible motions. At this time, an athlete can resume cardiovascular training. Swimming and other forms of aquatic training are said to be especially beneficial to the treatment of hamstring injuries.
- Remodeling phase: The remodeling phase continues upto 6 weeks after the injury. Strengthening the leg is the focus of this stage of treatment. Using ankle weights can be beneficial towards strengthening the leg muscles. It is important to be careful about the weight being used and to gradually increase this weight to avoid an added injury.
- Functional stage: This stage can last upto 6 months until the athlete can regain full function of his or her leg. As the athlete's gait gets back to normal, they may start jogging and short sprints. Gradually, more sport specific exercises may be added to the workout.
There is no fixed time when an athlete can return to active sports after a hamstring injury. While players with minor injuries may return to the field after 3 weeks, athletes with muscles tears may take upto 6 months to recover completely. Hamstring injuries tend to reoccur and hence before they can get back to active sports, an athlete must pass an isometric strength test and flexibility test. This ensures that there are no subtle after effects of the injury that can increase the risk of a repeat injury.
Pain in legs lower part back muscles can't press these muscles because that cause pain what is the reason.
I have pain in my ankle & heels, it will be more when get up at morning & start walking it can't easily keep a step is their any medications for this?
I want to join defence But when I stand straight with joining my legs both knee touches ewch other a bit. Can I correct it? If yes how?
I feel breathing problems whenever I eat or drink water. But after sometime it feels fine. Also it seems sometimes irregular heartbeats n pain in chest. But that comes n go back. I had echo n doppler test. Results were absolutely fine. Kindly suggest what it can be?
Hi there, I have slip disc fir past few years and last year I was operated in my knee fir ACL reconstruction. Due to the said reasons I m not able to do physical exercises which resulted in sudden increase in my weight. I have reduced my diet as well as daily fat intake. But that is not helping. What shall I do to reduce my weight as the increasing weight is further adding on to the knee n back problems.
Hi I am travelling in two wheeler daily around 50 to 60 kms past a one year. No I am getting back pain (above hip and lower back) and leg pain. Calf muscles gets tightened. Most of the times feeling fatigue. Please advise why I am facing this pain and any remedies to overcome this.
In our fast paced life, a wrong bend or an incorrect posture is quick to trigger a back ache. It can also occur because of reasons like arthritis, improper diet, lack of physical activity, an improper lifting of a heavy object, excessive physical labour or pregnancy. Most white collared professionals are a victim of a sedentary lifestyle where they spend hours on end sitting in the same position. In fact prolonged sitting is also a cause for weight gain, obesity, joint problems, poor health and even premature death.
Our instant reaction is to take a painkiller and get relief from a back ache. But painkillers often come with unwanted side effects and it is best not to take them unless prescribed by a physician. Some of the commonly prescribed painkillers in the market increase your risk to a heart attack by 2 to 4 times, cause cardiovascular problems, gastrointestinal problems, like digestive tract bleeding and even kidney problems. Instead, back ache has several home remedies that can wonders. It will require a little patience but the zero side effect factor and long term relief will eventually be great for you.
Try these herbal and home remedies for backache:
- Internal and external pain relief with Ginger: Ginger has anti-inflammatory compounds that can work well for pain relief. You can start by making Ginger tea. To do this, add 2-3 slices of ginger in half cup boiling water and simmer it for 10 - 15 minutes. You can add honey and drink it 2-3 times a day. You can also add half tea spoon crushed peppercorns and 2-3 cloves to this tea. Adding a dash of black salt helps in improving the taste.
- Harness the power of Basil: Add 10 Basil leaves to a boiling cup of water and continue to boil it until it reduces to half. You can add a dash of salt to this and drink it through the day.
- Home remedies with exercise: Not only should you stretch between long sitting hours, you should also get some back exercise suggested by a physical trainer with expertise in the field.
- Trigger your inner healing by releasing endorphins: Endorphins act as a pain blocking mechanism in the body and doing certain activities you like can help release them. From walking for 20 minutes to aerobics, to yoga to meditation to chiropractic care, you can try whatever makes you happy and calm to trigger your inner healing.
- Garlic: These tiny cloves healing powers are well known for a variety of body ailments including blood pressure. Taking a couple of cloves early in the morning on empty stomach or massaging with garlic oil helps relieve back ache.
- Panckarma: Panchkarma remedies like Kati Vasti and Patra Pinda Sweda etc., are highly benefical and give great results for back pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.