Find numerous Occupational Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Arpita ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 54 years, and I have pain in my legs since 4-5 years, especially while walking and climbing on stairs, and also pain in right shoulder. What to do?
I am 31 year old male. Acute pain on the joint of my left leg's thumb. Difficulty in walking. There is mild swelling, redness. Medication advice please.
I wants to tell you about the problem of arms and legs pain in my body this problem is increasing day by day from last two months. Please tell me the solution of my this problem so that I can feel some relief in my body?
My right hand palm ankle s paining a lot from last 3 days I dint get hurt from anything, while pulling my bike backward the pain started, please advice.
My wife has suddenly developed acute pain in her shoulder joints, wrists, thumb joints and the shoulder blade. The pain is more on the left side. What could it possibly be, and what should we do to avoid it? She is already under some medication, and hence doesn't want to see a doctor. Please advise.
Dear Sir, I am suffering from fever with pain of all joints, hand, leg and headache also. Now My tough is tasteless so tell what can I do for this fever.
Herniated disc what we commonly call ‘slipped disc’. It can be a very painful and debilitating condition. When the cushion that sits between the spinal vertebra is pushed outside its normal position, you have a herniated disc. This can occur as a result of rupture or bulging due to injury, disease, or deterioration. The spinal disc when pushed out irritates the spinal nerves that lay very close to the edge of these spinal discs causing severe pain. In some people, symptoms like severe back pain, leg pain, or weakness of the lower extremity muscles are traced to a herniated disc.
Herniated disc can occur to anyone. It is, however, seen more commonly in people between the ages of 35 to 45 who perform heavy manual labour or drive motor vehicles for long periods of time.
How does ayurveda help treat herniated disc naturally and safely?
- In ayurveda slip can be categorized as one of the diseases caused by vitiation of vata (one of the principle dosha in the body, responsible for the movement and function of the body).
- Ayurvedic treatment for slip disc concentrate at restoring the equilibrium through correction of the underlying functional equilibrium.
- Chirayu ayurveda panchkarma hospital provide very effective and most successful treatment for slip disc or herniated disc. The treatment compromises of detoxification and rejuvenation through panchkarma along with oral medications.
- The therapies like abhyanga, swedana, kati basti, patrapinda swedana and basti etc. Are done as per severity of the disease.
The ayurvedic healing therapies are beneficial in many ways:-
- They help in strengthening the supportive tissues that hold your spine.
- They help release the muscular spasm and nerve compression.
- They nourish the joints by enhancing circulation and relieve pain.
- Here are the ayurvedic therapies you can employ to treat herniated disk:
- Duration of the treatment depends upon the severity of the disease but usually take 4-6 weeks.