Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Arjan DiveYour feedback matters!
I have some kind of muscular Dystrophy in my right hand. It happens again after a period when i get it right by getting done physiotherapy . What might be the reason
I am suffering from back pain from a while now. Its almost 12 days now. In xray it is written in report that it is some loss of lumbar lordosis due to muscle spasm. Its like I am having this back problem from a while like its 5 years now. But before it was like it strike in weeks for one or two days. But now its almost 12 days continuously. I am even taking medicine. I have consulted to doctor and he told me to have som pain killer and a gastric medicine as well as calcium with vitamin d3. Even I am applying moov in that area like 3 times. Still I am suffering problem. And still pain is there. As what the xray report says loss of lumar lordosis due to muscle spasm. Is this a normal thing? Or I should consult some other doctor?
There is a swelling in right knee and Lightly arthritis pain has started. Suggest me how to get relief from pain.
My right shoulder joint pains when i stretch it upwords, since from oast 4 months as i was playing shuttle. Tell me how to cure the pain ?
Are there any exercises that can be done to cure chondromalacia? Do I have to keep myself away from sports?
Sir I have a severe pain of my right hand middle finger. Last month I play cricket that time the fracture on my hand on that the pain starts till now also the pain is there. Then please told me what should I do.
I am 80 years male resident of Delhi and have cervical spondylosis (left side) for the past two years. After X-Ray been diagnosed C1-C2 arthiritis(left side). I was earlier on medication and exercises as recommended by my doctor and have have very good relief and discontinued all medication nearly 18 months ago. However since this morning after a shower, I felt a severe shooting pain for a few seconds and it has repeated again 3/4 times in my upper arm joint which is not muscular. What medicine should I take to relieve this pain before it occurs again ?
Since very long my legs are paining a lot. What should be done? After taking medicine there wasn't much effect.
I have a sharp stabbing pain in the lower back, just above the hip and bit to the left of the base of the spine. It is not the typical back pain we usually have if we workout too much or anything. This just came out of nowhere and it refuses to go away. If I do any excercises then it just aggravates the pain and refuses to respond to any balms/ointments. What is the reason for this back pain ?
Rheumatism is an auto-immune and chronic disease caused due to the abnormal swelling of the body joints in the knees or the shoulders. The symptoms of rheumatism include intense pain in the morning, mild fever with the pain, swollen joints resulting in immense pain, stiff joints, increased pain in cold climate and extreme tiredness.
Doctors are still doubtful about the exact cause of the disease, but the weakened immune system might damage the joints. This makes obese people, smokers and women most susceptible to this disorder.
According to Ayurveda, rheumatism is caused due to a major imbalance in the ‘Vata or Kapha’ dosha. The Ayurvedic remedies aim for the restoration of the body’s Vata/Kapha balance. Ayurvedic remedies help reduce the ‘ama’, the toxins produced by the body.
The Ayurvedic remedies for rheumatoid arthritis are as follows:
- Boil a cup of mustard oil with camphor in it until the camphor dissolves well. Apply the lukewarm mixture on the affected areas once a day. This helps revive the blood circulation of the affected portion and subsequently reduces the abnormal swelling of the affected joints.
- You can take a few unpeeled slices of potato and soak them in a glass of cold water. Keep it for the night and drink it the next morning on an empty stomach. Do this every day to get rid of the pain.
- Include little amounts of ginger, garlic, and turmeric in your regular meals. This will help to reduce the inflammation and stiffness of the affected joints. Ayurvedic scriptures suggest that you should try and reduce the consumption of fish, red meat, curd, spinach and extremely chilled water as they might cause an imbalance in the ‘vata’.
- Applying a recommended amount of castor oil on the affected region helps reduce the inflammation and thus, the pain.
- A herbal preparation of celery seeds can be consumed daily in order to treat rheumatoid arthritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.