Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ardi ChawanYour feedback matters!
The harmful effects of UV rays (UVA and UVB) are known to all. UVA can prove to be a great nemesis for flawless skin, accelerating the skin ageing process. The skin loses its radiance and appears saggy and wrinkled. UVB affects the skin superficially, resulting in sunburns and skin tans. At times, overexposure to UV rays can produce Carcinogenic (skin cancer) effects. Use of a good quality sunscreen is more of a necessity than luxury. The effectiveness of a sunscreen can be enhanced several folds if one knows the ins and outs of its use.
- Sunscreens with different SPF (Sun Protection Factor) numbers are available in the market. SPF provides intense protection from the UVB rays. An overall skin protection can only be achieved when the harmful effects from both UVA and UVB can be controlled and minimised. Do not judge a sunscreen by its price tag. An expensive sunscreen is not necessarily an effective sunscreen. Go for the sunscreen that covers a Broad Spectrum.
- Many people do not get the usage of the sunscreen right. Sunscreen cannot work miracles. Applying it only once a day will not solve the purpose. Often, your work might require you to be in the sun for a longer period of time. Under such circumstances, use the sunscreen every two to three hours.
- Application of sunscreen at regular intervals is also effective for people who are more into swimming and water related activities. This usage is beneficial for people who sweat profusely. For sensitive skin, it is best to consult a dermatologist before using any sunscreen.
- Applying excess amounts of sunscreen will not provide your skin with any extra protection. A generous quantity of sunscreen can also do the trick. The quality matters more than the quantity.
- Sunscreens can be Mineral (Zinc Oxide and Titanium Oxide) or Synthetic (Oxybenzone, Avobenzone) active. In case of Mineral sunscreen, one can step outside immediately after its application.
- In case of synthetic sunscreen actives, immediate exposure to sunlight might fail to provide the desired protection. For better results, apply the sunscreen 25 - 30 minutes prior to an outside venture.
- Being at home does not guarantee protection from sunrays. You can still be susceptible to the harmful UV rays. Use sunscreen daily, even when at home.
- If you are into makeup, use sunscreen once you are fully done with the makeup.
- Sunscreen is not only meant for bright, sunny days. This misconception can affect your skin in the long run. Apply sunscreen regularly, irrespective of the weather outside.
Sunscreen, if used accurately will keep a lot of skin problems and sunburns at bay.
How should I remove black spots and redness of my skin caused due to pimples please give me suggestions.
Drinking non alcoholic wine will that works for the skin to glow. Which is the best and how much to drink in a day and when should we take wine before food or after food. Which is the best red or wight. Does wine put on weight.
How will pimples will develop on face. How should we avoid those pimples by nature requirements and how can we make our skin smooth on face.
I have blackhead. It just now came I do not knw why. And after I removed 1, in that area it become hole. Please help me out with this. Thank you.
I don't know if it's a pimple or acne but it looks like boil. Unknowingly I touch it and next day it becomes a black scar. I have dark black scars all over my face. After using so many creams and home remedies the scars are not fading. I have this problem for 5 years.
I am 46 years old having too much cracking pain in my left foot (taach) while walking even a kilometer away. What shall I do?
I was using skin lite cream. My skin gets fairer and when I'll stop it will slowly darken my face. Any another solution to get fair and glowing skin?
Everybody wants a radiant and younger looking skin that is flawless and glowing. Having a healthy lifestyle that involves eating right, sleeping well and exercising enough can help you achieve that. But sometimes, that is not quite enough. It is a common misconception that the only way to get perfect skin is through cosmetic surgery. What many people do not know is that there is a range of non-surgical treatments and procedures that can give you the skin you desire. These treatments are quick and easy and do not come with the hassles of post-operation care.
Following are a few examples of such treatments that can give you better skin:
- Chemical peels: This is a treatment method for skin that makes it look younger and smoother. It involves the application of a chemical solution that makes the skin blister and peel off. The layer of skin that lies underneath comes up to the surface and is suppler and less wrinkled than the skin that has peeled off.
- Botox injections: Botox (an abbreviation for botulinum toxin) is a bacterial protein that is injected into the skin to make it appear less aged. The muscles in the area of the skin that receive the injection get temporarily paralyzed which causes wrinkles in the region to diminish.
- Microdermabrasion: This procedure involves taking silicon crystals and propelling them onto the skin surface to remove cells from the uppermost layer of skin. The inflammation or “abrasion” that forms on the skin surface helps suppress the appearance of superficial wrinkles and unevenness on the skin, making it look younger and better.
- Laser skin resurfacing: Lasers can be used to improve the appearance of skin. In this treatment method, high intensity light is used to tighten loose skin and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Laser skin resurfacing can also be used to improve skin that is scarred. Depending on the intensity of the laser used, the effects of the procedure can last between 2 to 5 years.
- Filler injections: This is a common procedure used to improve the appearance of skin. It involves injecting hyaluronic acid into the skin to remove wrinkles and fine lines and increase skin volume. These injects help plump up the skin and make it look more smooth and supple than before.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.