Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hi I am suffering with breast pain. Small lumps are formed around nipple and liquid secretions are coming from nipple with pain. Sometimes it's severe and sometimes symptoms get decreased automatically without any treatment. But it's very painful. I have this problem from 4 years. Can you tell me what is this disease exactly. Any treatment is there for this. Is this common problem or serious problem? Please advice me on this.
During school days coz of excess exposure to sun my cheek has sunburn which doesn't go still. It looks like a skin pigmentation. I tried lot of stuffs still it hasn't reduced. What shall I do.
Actually I have little facial hair and lot of dark circles and spots on my face. How to remove or reduce it.
How should I treat my skin because I am having dark spots on my skin I have tried many creams but tell any effective thing?
I am 30 yr old. Working in a manufacturing industry. I have heavy dark circles in both of my eyes. Please advise your suggestions to remove it completely. I already use many lotions but all are useless. Awaiting your reply.
Starting from the back and shoulder it started spreading towards the hand and the size is growing day by day and its painful I wish if I could send the pics , its like bubbles which happens after hot oil touches the skin. Really worried, need help?
PRP is a latest, state-of-the-art technology that employs non-surgical methods to stimulate hair growth in case of hair loss.Advancements in research have enabled scientists to make new inroads in the field of wound and tissue healing. The result of these researches is PRP, which is a natural way to rejuvenate your scalp, skin and stimulate your hair growth.
How PRP works?
The presence of mesenchymal stem cells and autologous blood products in human blood contain specific growth factors that assist in tissue regeneration and healing. PRP has been used to heal skin and wounds for over two decades now. Apart from this it finds use in oral surgery, cosmetic surgery and neurosurgery as well. It is also the promising treatment to promote hair growth.
- It is a progressive healing treatment that doesn't require surgery
- Simple, rapid and highly effective system
- Autologous (from patient's own blood)
- The system is biocompatible and xeno-free, so there shouldn't be any safety concerns
- Increase in the concentration of platelets can be observed
- It helps in the elimination of undesired erythrocytes, which significantly decrease the fibroblast proliferation
- Contains growth factors that help in the stimulation of growth of the hair follicles
- Can be performed preoperatively, intraoperatively, or post operatively
The Science of PRP
There are special cells called platelets used in PRP, that have been theoretically proved to stimulate hair follicles growth by stimulating stem cells and other important cells in the ecosystem of the follicles. They are instrumental in promoting the healing ability and regeneration of cells, formation of new cells and response to injury. PRP stimulates inactive or newly implanted hair follicles, and makes them active by inducing them into a growth phase.
Platelets are known to contain various structures, which are crucial for blood clotting and cell regeneration, and are released during the repair process by the body. Some of these structures are: glycogen, alpha granules and lysosomes.
Who should not have PRP treatment?
Those with heavy drug and smoking issue should avoid PRP. Also those who drink a lot of alcohol should avoid PRP. Those suffering from platelets related ailments, sepsis, chronic liver disease, thrombocytopenia, hyperfibrinogenemia, systemic disorders and cancer should also stay away from PRP.
At length, PRP is a boon for all those who aren't fans of surgery or the ones who prefer a more aggressive but non-surgical approach for treatment to their ailments. The results might vary from patient to patient, but it is certainly one of the most promising technologies to stimulate hair growth and rejuvenate your skin, and the results are quite convincing. So decide wisely!
I am a male of 22 yrs. I feel stress because I always think about my face. Becoz it is dull and now I am taking medicine for my dull face according to dermatologist. Treatment taking too much time. I always think that people do not like me. How should I change my mentality?
I am taking tab warf-5mg for the last 3months. It is as the part of the treatment of deep vain thrombosis.(DVT). Is there any side effect -sir? How long I should continue it?
Sir I am having scars in my face what should I do to remove them. I used scars removal cream for 3 month but didn't see any change.
My age is 20 years and many rashes from many days 3-4 years at lower side. And it also generate on face from 5-6 month. At left side face. So please suggest me good rashes cream and tablets. Please tell me name of these tablets. So I will purchase here and also best rushed cream. So it will remove permanently. Thank you sir.
I had dark cirles in both of my eyes both upper and lower lids since 4 years. After consulting local skin specialist it not helped much. Also dark removing creams and other natural methods also not helped. It looks very dull. I have also done health checkups and tests to know it cause but nothing helped.
1. Sunscreen: the benefits of sunscreen require little introduction. They not only protect the skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays, but they also help in fading away the marks left behind by pimples. It is strongly recommended that if you want to accelerate the process of recuperation, you must make it a point to apply sunscreen daily without fail.
2. Exfoliation: this refers to a procedure that removes the covering of the old skin and brings to the fore the fresh layer of skin. With increasing age and growing skin problems, exfoliation has emerged as the most preferred choice for most women. In fact there are multiple ways, by which one can exfoliate one's skin. Depending on your convenience, you can go for scrubbing or a thorough washing of the face known as washcloth. There is also another method known as chemical exfoliation that works better and more efficiently than the other methods. By removing the old layer of the skin, exfoliation ensures a complete removal of the pigmentation left behind by pimples.
3. Medicines: sometimes the intensity of the pigmentation marks on the skin may necessitate the medical intervention. If other methods fail or you wish for a speedy recovery, prescription drugs are always a nice option. At the same time, those medicines, which have retinoid (compounds with effects to those of vitamin a) like differin or tazorac can also be availed of, if need be.
4. Skin lighteners: as the name suggests, skin lighteners help in a gradual fading away of the dark spots on the skin. There are several skin lighteners like kojic acid, mulberry extract, licorice extract and primarily vitamin c, which significantly lighten the skin and help in doing away with the marks.