Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Archana.ShindeYour feedback matters!
Mild to severe tooth pain can turn out to be debilitating and damaging condition if it is persistent. Also, the pain in head/ears can spread to the rest of the head and give you an uncomfortable ache and tingling sensation all day long. So what are the causes behind tooth pain? Here's our list!
- Tooth decay: The presence of food debris that has not been cleaned out can stay on and cause cavities and persistent tooth pain. This condition can also make the teeth extra sensitive and pain then emanates as a natural response to signify that all is not well in the area. This can also lead to sharp pain when bite an apple or munch on nuts. One must see a dentist for this kind of pain so that scaling and plaque removal can take place.
- Injury: If there is persistent, throbbing pain after eating something that is too hot or too cold, then it might be more than mere tooth sensitivity. This condition could also point at chipped, broken or cracked teeth due to excessive teeth grinding or a fall or accident. It could also be caused due to sports injury. The dentist will usually take a dental X ray to find the cause of the pain and to unravel the extent of the damage as well.
- Inflammation: Constant pain may also point at inflammation of the pulp. This may be caused due to damaged roots. If this kind of inflammation comes with bleeding and fever, then you must consult a dentist immediately. It can also mean that the pulp or root of the tooth is dying, in which case a root canal may be required.
- Sinus: A dull ache in the sinus area of the upper teeth usually point at sinusitis, which is a condition that emanates due to pain in the nerves of that area. This pain can also happen due to cold and cough as well as an allergic attack that affect the facial muscles due to excessive sneezing and watering of the eyes. Also, a flu and fever can lead to this kind of pain.
- Infection: Inflammation along with fever and bleeding can also point at infection. This can render the complete pulp tissue damaged. Also, the growth of abscess in such cases can cause acute tooth pain. The dentist will usually diagnose the issue with a tooth X ray before prescribing antibiotics and carrying out a root canal for severe cases.
Persistent toothache with other symptoms should always be checked by a dentist so as to rule out long term damage that can result in tooth loss.
I have tooth ache impact. The x-ray says that the wisdom teeth is struggling to come out due to less space available in jaws as per dentist opinion. Is the removal of the teeth only solution
I am 38 years old suffering from bad smell from mouth and bleeding after gargling done. It happens in 2-3 hours gap, what do I do?
Bleeding gums. When I get up early morning blood in mouth. Only treatment dental cleaning. Works for some period then again repeat. Is there any permanent solution?
I have tongue ucler since 2 month. Am taking be complex then also its not going away. please say me which medication I take?
I have got 6 root canals in last 4 years but again again todays time, I have tooth problem on same teeth. I do brush twice a day and not like anything sweet since my childhood. Now for 2 teeth I am undergoing re-root canal treatment locally here. I am unable to get the point if I brush twice and avoid sweet why I get so many cavities and pain in my teeth and gums respectively. Please help.
One of the landmarks of a child's development during the first year is the eruption of the little white pearls. The first tooth breaks into the mouth, somewhere between six months to one year of life. The entire set is in place in a baby's mouth by about 20 months of life. Though called deciduous teeth as they fall off after a certain period of time, the last of the milk teeth remains in the mouth up to 12 to 14 years of age.
Listed below are some points outlining the significance of milk teeth. It assumes importance, given that many a times, parents ignore injury and/or decay to these with the assumption that these are anyways temporary and a new set will be in place later.
- Eating: One of the primary functions of the milk teeth is to aid in chewing or mastication and digestion. Though not as strong as their permanent counterpart, they do play a great role in chewing and digesting the food. Children with malfunctioning teeth, especially molars, (missing or decayed) can result into poor nutrition.
- Speech development: The milk teeth play a critical role in the speech development, and speech abnormalities can be seen in people, who do not have an effective set of milk teeth. It is common to see children in whom the front teeth in the milk set are not properly positioned, there could be speech problems like lisping.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, a good set of white, pearly teeth adds to the beauty of a child's smile. This plays a major role in boosting the child's social behavior including acceptance and confidence levels.
- Space Maintenance: The milk teeth maintain and preserve the space required for their successors. In case where a lost tooth is not replaced, the space may not be sufficient for the permanent one to erupt, and this may even stop the permanent one from erupting. The result could be a blank space where the milk tooth is lost without the successor erupting into the mouth due to lack of space.
Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- Enforce a regular oral hygiene routine including rinsing after each meal or snack, brushing twice a day, flossing and use of mouthwash
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis regular cleaning followed by fluoride paste application if required; this will also reduce the onset of dental caries. Early caries can be identified during these visits and treated before onset of pain.
- Chemical sealants may be used if the pits on the teeth are deep and can get decayed easily.
Visit your dentist regularly to know more and to maintain these pearls.
Dentist prescribed amoxicillin tablets for three days and analgesics (paracetamol n aceclofenac) for tooth decay. Since am having my exams I can not go for x ray or root canal treatment for this two weeks. Is this fine for two weeks? Will I get side effects of these n affect my exam studies? Please reply.
Can you suggest any specific toothpaste for kids below 2-3 years. Is it good to start toothpaste at this age.
I want to know the reason of bad breath I have gone to dentist as well he said you r fine where should I go I want to gid rid of how.
Sir my mouth not open fully I habit eat gutka and I want to open fully my mouth, mouth can open fully by do exercise? What exercise I can do? And how? Please give me advice.
Another common problem dentists face in the clinic are patients complaining about repeated ulcers or burning sensation especially on the inside cheek areas on having anything very hot or spicy. There can be many causes of getting ulcers repeatedly.This condition is especially associated with females after menopause.
Reasons associated may be
* Hormonal changes
*medications-pain killers or antibiotics
*iron deficiency and other nutritional deficiency
*Folic Acid deficiency
*Repeated irritation from some sharp edge of teeth or dentures
*Improper oral hygiene
In many cases ulcers get healed by itself in a few days time depending upon their extent or location. In cases where they trouble you more or when it is associated with burning sensation too ,I, suggest you to start daily nutritional supplements of folic acid, Iron,and Vitamin B12.
Visit a dentist for your regular cleaning if improper hygiene seems to be the cause .They also have laser tretaments to reduce the dimensions of ulcers painlessly.
So Eat healthy and Stay Healthy......