Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Archana SankheYour feedback matters!
Hello Doc. I am almost 20 years old now, but still my height is about just 152 cm. Can you suggest me what to do?
Sir, he is suffering from diabetes from last 3 years and he is also a blood pressure patient. He is taking medicine from last 3 years but he is still suffering from diabetes although around 140. So, please suggest the medicine so that he will get rid of diabetes.
I have really very dandruff in my hair and bcoz of which my hair are just stop growing what is the proper remedy for this?
Last two weeks I was on trip and drunk alcohol on regular basis but when I came back then gone through lft and lipid test and then my sgot and sgpt level higher than of normal range and its 85 and 90. And cholesterol level 190. What should I need to do.
What is the symptoms of rheumatoid Arthritis? When I was in 12 year, then I was suffer for this disease. And I want to know this disease not affect in my future life.
I have problem in my neck. It starts paining when I do my studies or any other heavy work. Will you please help me out to get over it.
I am a 42 yr old and hair loss starting in front head for last 6 months and sometimes have dandruff. What should I do?
Nexcentury inhibitor is a powerful for to get a white skin is it truth. And cost is so much 1lakh above.
My brother is 7 yrs. Old and having the problem of cough and sneezing. His problem is for about 2yrs. Is he had any major issue. He also grts headache in a week and also get fever I think that he get pneumonia. Is it so?
For last 2 months iam feeling nausea, feeling of fullness, loss of appetite and dull ache at upper left abdomen. Endoscopy as well as sonography reports are normal. CBC testof blood is also normal. What could be the reason for this. This has led to anxiety
Hi I am 25 year old female I haven't been able to eat since 2 days and I am having ulcer on my mouth, I have tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Runner's knee is a painful condition that is usually encountered by athletes who indulge in varied exercises like running, jumping, walking, biking and more, on a regular or professional basis. The kneecap is a region that gets affected with aches and pain when a person is suffering from Runner's knee. This condition can occur due to a fall or constant bending of the knee, which can lead to misalignment of the knee joints and knee cap. Also, weak muscles and lack of balance during physical activities can add to the risk of contracting this condition.
Here's how you can deal with it.
- Give it Rest: Literally! Suffering from Runner's knee could also mean that your body is trying to ask you to slow down. Wear and tear from excessive levels of physical activity can lead to Runner's knee, and in such cases, the best way to come back to peak physical form is to take some rest so that the knee is free of activity and consequent pain until it is ready to take on exercise again.
- The Only Way is 'Up': When you are suffering from pain in the region behind and around the knee cap due to Runner's knee, the best way to alleviate the pain is to place your knee in an elevated position. Get yourself some comfortable cushions and pile a few of them up before placing your knee on top. This position will give support even as blood circulation increases and inflammation, if any, decreases.
- Anti-inflammation Medication: See your doctor for chronic Runner's knee and find out if you are suffering from inflammation which may require the help of medication. This medication can bring down and gradually eliminate the inflammation or swelling, to give you relief from the pain. Remember to check for side effects before you take these medicines, though.
- Strengthening Exercises: A sure shot way of dealing with chronic pain is to do some muscle strengthening exercises as prescribed by your orthopaedic specialist or a physiotherapist. Doing these exercises will give your muscles the strength to support your knees in a better way while you indulge in athletic activities. Remember to substantiate these exercises with a calcium and protein rich diet as well.
- Cold Compress: In case you have had a fall or suffered an injury which has led to Runner's knee, you can make use of a cold compress or an ice pack to relieve the pain for some time. Ice is a well-known treatment for acute and sudden pain.
Runner's knee is a condition that needs care, rest, and medication if it is persistent. If these methods do not help, you should see a doctor for scans and tests.
Related Tip: Physiotherapeutic Approaches for Sports Injuries?