Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Archana Sanghvi GotechaYour feedback matters!
I want to change my spectacles and it's a auto cool glass. Shall I go ahead and change the glass or consult a doctor before that.
Computers, while wonderful, routinely stress your eyes. A name actually exists for this eyestrain—computer vision syndrome (CVS), and it’s often the No. 1 office health complaint.
You may have suffered from CVS symptoms after a long day at the ’puter yourself: fatigue, headache, dry eye, pain around the eyes, and trouble maintaining your focus. Your eyes are used to seeing sharp, well-defined details and contrasts, but computer screens flash soft images, which your eyes constantly try to put in better focus. Making a few minor adjustments to your screen time, however, can help you avoid CVS.
1. Use proper lighting. When on the computer, your ambient lighting should be about one-half that used in most offices. Bright ambient light causes glare. Reduce it by closing drapes, shades, or blinds and using lower-intensity bulbs. Also, try to position your monitor so the windows are to the sides of the monitor instead of in front or back of it.
2. Cut glare further. Install an antiglare screen, paint bright white walls a darker color with a matte finish, or use a computer hood.
3. Adjust the monitor. Position it 20 to 30 inches from your eyes or about an arm’s length away. The top should be at or below eye level.
4. Increase the font. If you constantly lean forward to read small type, switch to a larger font size, or zoom in to increase the page size.
5. Blink, blink, and blink. You blink about five times less than normal when on the computer, according to optometrist Larry K. Wan, OD, with the Family EyeCare Center in Campbell, California. This can trigger dry eyes. To keep your eyes well-lubricated, try this: Every 30 minutes, blink 10 times by closing your eyes very slowly as if falling asleep.
6. Take 10. Make sure to take a 10-minute break each hour. And every 30 minutes, do this exercise: Look away from the screen, and focus on a distant object for about five to 10 seconds. Or look far away at an object for 10 to 15 seconds and then nearby for 10 to 15 seconds. Go back and forth 10 times.
7. Do an eye meditation. Rub your palms quickly together until they feel warm. Cup them over your closed eyes. Feel the heat emanating from your palms, but don’t touch your eyelids. “You want complete blackness, and it takes about six minutes to get rid of any afterimages,” says Meir Schneider, PhD, LMT, of the School of Self-Healing in San Francisco. Sit quietly in this position, and slow your breathing to a steady rise and fall. This deep relaxation helps to soothe both eyes and body. Do this at least three times a day or whenever you need a quick eye break.
I have pain in testicles from more than 3 months sometimes on left side and sometimes on right side and sometimes in both testicles. Mostly I see Swelling on outside and Pain above balls inside of testicles alternatively. Tube like structure also swells sometimes in either of testicle. Pain is increased and triggered like repeated shocks while moving on uneven roads and speed breakers and while doing strenuous physical activities like running and climbing stairs and Masturbating sometimes Pain is mild and continuous gradually decreasing for a week but as soon as I masturbate it suddenly increases more constant Pain for sometime and reducing slowly but not completely and Triggered again and continues Testicles become Uncomfortable due to Pain while sleeping also and by doing physical activities. Today Pain was in right testicle In which disease condition I am? Is it Effecting mg normal life and damaging testicles? How can I get rid of Pain completely and become normal? Should I take rest and pain Will reduce? Suggest any Home Remedies, Tips and medication?
What are the symptoms of eye problem. The water usually comes out of my eye during study or watching tv. Is aquagel a good eyedrop.
My son infected by aids consequently his ratina affected and he lost his vision in right eye and left eye vision is now very poor. Alopathy treatment is running. As per doctor no further hope for improvement. But i m informed by some friends that in homeopathy can treat it. So i need guidance on this problem.
I have pain in my eyes for last 10 days, I have numbers on my eyes and wearing the glasses but still have pain, please help me.
I get headaches so often since 2 years. Doctors said its migraine. I still had some doubt cos my headache gets severe only when i spend more time on laptops and mobile. Is it related to eye strain or is it migraine ?
My mother has left eye retina problem. Now motiyabind will be affected in that eye. Doctors suggest us to make surgery but said to risky so suggest what to do it.
I am 22 year male student. Due to continuous use of laptops and mobile and hard studies, tensions visibility of eyes gets down I think, and got (-1.25) lens in both of my eyes. I have a fear of increasing it. Any possibility to reduce the lens no. Or increasing eyes visibility.
I have mental exhaustion, fatigue, brain fog, and weakening eye sight. It is due mental exhaustion. Will"SHIRODHARA" in panchakrma will from above symptoms? Also mention the cost.
1. Eat for good vision: green leafy vegetables, tuna, eggs, nuts, beans, oranges and other citrus fruits.
2. Quite smoking.
3. Wear sunglasses, uv protection
4. Avoid eyestrain.