Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Archana R
Submit a review for Archana RYour feedback matters!
My wife had a miscarriage on 24th june, she was 6 weeks pregnant, its 10th day and she is still bleeding, sometimes she has cramps and pain in lower abdomen, sometimes bleeding stops for few hours and then again starts with cramps. A lady doctor advised us to wait for 10 days and see if bleeding stops. Tomorrow we are going to have ultrasound. We are very scared and have no idea what to do.
Hi Me and my wife made sex for a few seconds without taking any protection on 14th jan2017 before her period date which was on 24th jan2017. She used pregnancy kit on 16th jan2017 and fully negative sign came on that kit. She also tested again using another 3 kits on 26th jan, 31st jan and 3rd feb'2017 consecutively and every time negative sign came on every kit also. Now already 11 days is over from her normal period date and still her period has not started. What does it indicate? We both do not want any baby at this moment of our life. Is there any probability to be pregnant and if yes then what to do? If there is no probability of pregnancy then also tell me what should I do now for my wife. Please suggest us.
Hello Doctor From some months my period coming irregularly. Once it comes only for one day. What I should do. T regular periods . Because from this. The hairs. Increased. On my face. I'm too much worried about. Tell me? What I should do?
Hi Sir, I took I pill within one hour of intimacy and got periods 5 days after taking that pill and after 20 days I again got periods but my periods are missing till now and the urine pregnancy test comes out negative what could be reason of missing periods? And how much time does it take to get normal periods.
Hello sir, I want to know about Postpartum Care and What happens to the body during the postpartum period? like Feeling energetic, Feeling sore and tired, Feeling hungry or Feeling ill. Please guide.
Mindless munching is usually caused by boredom as well as stress and fatigue, in many cases. Also, not eating your meals on time is another reason why we suddenly feel hungry and end up eating all types of wrong food. This kind of mindless munching usually makes us ingest empty calories, which can make us put on weight and face other health issues in the long run as well. Many of these snacks also contain lots of oil, fat and salt which can cause a range of diseases like diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and other cardiovascular conditions.
So, how can you cut down on mindless munching? Read on to know more!
- Visual reminders: A great way to ensure that you do not succumb to sudden and unhealthy cravings is to place visual reminders on your desk and on the fridge. Get a print out of the things that motivate you, eating healthy, the daily calorie intake that you need to follow, your goal weight it can be anything! Place these around you so that you realise how much better off you are without the mindless eating.
- Small plates and tall glasses: You can use tall glasses in order to ensure that you are ingesting plenty of water. Many times, mental hunger can be cured with a big glass of water. So even when you are having a snack or a meal, keep a tall glass of water to fill yourself up instead of feeling hungry later and eating mindlessly. Also, use smaller crockery in order to eat less. As per psychologists, this tends to have a bearing on the eating patterns of the person by creating a visual reminder of one helping at a time.
- Variety: Eat all colors of food in order to get more variety, but limit the variety to more healthy food. Keep the various kinds of chips and wafers away from your home and pantry so that you have no choice, but to snack on fruit and dry fruit as well as other healthy options when the munchies strike!
- Be deliberate and present: When you eat slowly, you allow the satisfaction of a good meal to wash over you. This ensures that you have less scope to indulge in mindless eating later. Also, you will feel fuller when you have been more deliberate and present with your meal. This can be done by switching off all devices and the television or smart phone, in particular and actually taking the time to enjoy your food. Many psychologists say that distractions tend to make us eat more, and more often. So it is best to cut these out before you start eating. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hello Dr. I'm planning for a baby and I done follicular study and my egg got reputed we had done Intercourse on reputed day, so how will I come to know that sperm met the egg. Will be any symptoms pls let me know. Thank you.
I had intercourse with my wife till ovulation date. Can we have intercourse after ovulation date if we are trying to conceive.
Hello doctors I have sex with my husband everyday and how to know pregnancy in before menses. What can I do for my pregnancy. What symptoms like to know pregnancy please answer my questions.
Also known as tubal sterilization, tubectomy is a permanent method of contraception in women. It is a surgical procedure in which a portion of the fallopian tubes are blocked to prevent an egg that is released from the ovaries, from reaching the uterus. In case an egg is present in the uterus, it carries with it the risk of fertilization, thus, can lead to pregnancy. Sometimes the patient may change her decision and ask for a reversal of the process. However, it should also be kept in mind that the surgery is a complex one. The results are often not guaranteed.
- Tubectomy refers to cutting or blocking a small portion of the fallopian tubes that prevent the released eggs from reaching the uterus.
- The surgeon reaches to the fallopian tubes by cutting open a portion of the abdomen in case of an open surgery.
- Laparoscopic techniques are also available to conduct the surgery.
- The fallopian tubes are blocked by an artificial clip to prevent the passage of eggs.
Are there any risk factors involved?
- Tubectomy may create a number of health complications in the long run.
- Tubectomy is not advised for patients who have previously undergone abdominal surgeries.
- Major risks of injury such as perforation surrounding blood vessels, internal haemorrhage or a severely life-threatening situation such as ectopic pregnancy may occur later on. Ectopic pregnancy is when fertilization and implantation occur within the fallopian tube instead of the uterus.
- Tubectomy is even more challenging than vasectomy and has higher chance of giving rise to health complications.
Although the procedure is complex, it has a few advantages as well. Minimally-invasive surgeries help in quicker recoveries. It is almost 99% effective as a measure of birth control and thus provides a permanent solution. This surgery can even be done immediately after delivery. Sometimes, in rural areas, family welfare departments, government hospitals and primary health care centres offer free surgery and care to aid and educate about family planning.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!