Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Archana R. GaikwadYour feedback matters!
Your uterus is held in place by ligaments, tissues and pelvic muscles. The prolapse occurs when the ligaments or muscles weaken, and thus they can no longer support the uterus. The uterus slips or sags from its usual position into the birth canal (vagina).
Uterine prolapse could be complete or incomplete:
- If the uterus partly sags into the vagina, the prolapse is incomplete.
- If the uterus falls, and tissues are found to be resting in the vagina's exterior, the prolapse is termed 'complete'
Type of Prolapse:
- Cystocele: It is characterized by the herniation (bulging) of the vaginal wall caused by the bladder; it leads to urination problems
- Enterocele: It is characterized by the bulging on the vaginal wall caused by the bowel; it leads to backache
- Rectocele: If the rectum pushes into the vaginal wall, it makes movement in bowels difficult
Uterine prolapse can be caused by any of the following factors:
- Normal childbirth through the vagina weakens muscles
- Pelvic muscles weaken with age
- Tissues weaken after menopause and oestrogen loss
- Chronic cough, constipation, pelvic tumours or abdominal fluid accumulation puts a lot of pressure on the abdomen leading to prolapse
- Pelvic muscles are stressed if you are obese or overweight
- Major pelvic (or areas around it) surgery leads to loss of muscular support
- Excessive weight lifting causes weakening of muscles
Symptoms of uterine prolapse depend on its severity. There are no symptoms or signs if you have mild uterine prolapse. But if you have moderate to severe uterine prolapse, you might experience the following symptoms:
- Sensation of pulling or heaviness in the pelvis
- Tissue bulges out of your vagina
- Urinary problems like urine retention or urine leakage
- Bowel movement difficulties
- Pain in lower back
- Sexual problems such as vaginal tissues feeling loose
Symptoms might feel less distressing during the morning, but they worsen at night. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My follicle didn't rupture even after giving HCG 5000 till 18th day and it became as a cyst. But my endometrial thickness increased from 7 to 14.4 on 16th day and decreased to 7.5 on 18 th day. So kindly advise for the below questions 1) Ovulation has not happened. Am I right 2) Chances for Pregnancy 3) Will I get periods 4) How Ovulation will happen if follicle is not ruptured.
My last menses cycle was 22 march 2016. It was 42 days late and I was pregnant. But due to a viral infections (measles) that was aborted. What can I do in my future?
Hello doc, I am 31 years having 1 girl child of 8 yrs. Tryn to have our 2nd baby. Bt lckng sumwhr may b.what is the best time to conceive. Please advice. Thanks.
After first intercourse getting burning sensation and itching in the vagina. Please give some solutions! (Tabs or creams if there any?
Hello, here I wanted to discuss about my wife. She is 31 now, she is pregnant now and running 7th week. I just came to know she is diabetic. We didn't recognize it before. I just checked in this site as taking fenugreek during pregnancy is at high risk and side effects also. And please let me know what is the best diet and what kind of precautions I need to take. Actually now she is taking insulin daily 5 units as doctor prescribed. She is a bit fat too. Her weight 60 now.
Aromatherapy is an ancient practice that dates back to ancient times across many cultures. This is a practice where concentrated oils are used to treat many imbalances and disorders within the body. The oils emit a fragrance or aroma, through which many important molecules enter your blood stream which have a healing effect. The oils can be applied on the skin and the aroma is then absorbed directly into the body through it. They can also be used as an aromatic agent where you need to sniff them in order for the molecules to get inside the body and then be absorbed into your blood.
What kind of oils are generally used in aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy uses essential oils similar to the ones used for massage in many other forms of alternative medicine such as Ayurveda and Chinese medicine. These oils have the organic compounds within the plants or respective sources concentrated into a small dose so it can pass on the benefits of those compounds to you, healing your body. Some of the types of oils used in aromatherapy are –
1. Peppermint oil
2. Tee tree oil
3. Lavender oil
4. Frankincense oil
5. Lemon oils among many others
How are essential oils made?
Essential oils are made from natural ingredients such as herbs and resins of different plants. These can be extracted from the following sources of a plant, tree or herb:
7. Stems etc.
Aromatic oils tend to be powerful as a lot of ingredients go into the making of a small quantity of oil. It is estimated that it takes multiple kilos of an ingredient to make only a few milliliters of an essential oil. Due to the immense concentration of the powerful organic compounds created by this, organic oils are very effective and thus potent in curing ailments. The compounds are separated through a distillation process that separates the oils from the other components.
How and where are essential oils in aromatherapy effective?
Aromatherapy is very effective in dealing with lesser ailments and also as a supplementary form of treatment for other larger problems such as recovery form surgery and pain relief. Some of the more common areas where aromatherapy is very helpful are:
1. Relieving and reducing stress
2. Relief from joint pain
3. Resisting Cold and flu like infections
4. Building the immunity of the body
5. Improving the appearance and health of your skin by fighting wrinkles, skin infections and inflammation
6. Reduce pain from inflammation and other disorders
7. Corrects and properly regulates hormone production within the body
8. Helps with gastrointestinal problems as well as improving digestion among many other such benefits
Certain specific types of essential oils and their benefits in aromatherapy
1. Lavender oil: Helps heal burns and cuts quicker, relaxes your body and improves your mood
2. Peppermint oil: Helps with digestion, builds up immunity, and helps with the ability to focus among others
3. Rosemary oil: Helps build hair strength, improves memory and brain function in general
4. Sandalwood oil: Improves skin quality, fights inflammation and wrinkles and also acts a as a libido booster
5. Rose oil: Extremely effective for combatting skin problems as well as for natural glow of the skin
6. Tea tree oil: An excellent immunity booster, Tea tree oil also has antifungal and antimicrobial properties which can fight off infections and cure the ailments much quicker. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Your tongue not only helps you in tasting, kissing, chewing or talking, but also helps in maintaining good oral health and hygiene. Since your tongue is exposed to a lot of bacteria and acid while you eat, taking proper care of it is of utmost importance. Not doing so can lead to the development of a whitish layer over your tongue, along with giving rise to bad breath. Not only that, an excess of bacteria on your tongue is harmful for your teeth and can cause tooth decay.
When you clean your tongue properly, you enhance your sense of taste and bid adieu to a host of oral health problems. Here are some handy tips on taking care of your tongue:
- Cleaning your tongue every time you brush with a tongue cleaner can put an end to bacteria growth in your mouth. Make sure to use either a tongue cleaner or a toothbrush with a dedicated tongue cleaner to clean your tongue. Also, clean your tongue in a downward motion to expel all the accumulated bacteria, and never apply a lot of pressure when doing so.
- Apply a thin layer of your toothpaste on your tongue before cleaning it. This makes removing bacteria from your tongue that much easier.
- After every time you're done cleaning your tongue, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water. Also, make sure to use a mouthwash once in a while, as that keeps foul odour at bay. Although, using a mouthwash daily is not advised as it can cause dryness in the mouth.
- A saline water solution to rinse your mouth can keep your tongue clean. All you need is a glass of lukewarm water with half a teaspoon of salt for this.
- Drinking green tea is particularly good for your tongue as it reduces the bacteria in your mouth to a great extent, preventing various oral health problems as a result.
- Foods that are high on natural or added colours (such as berries, black grapes or orange ice popsicles) should be avoided as they leave a thin layer of color behind on your tongue, which can mar its appearance.
- Sometimes, a whitish layer on your tongue can be a sign of a fungal infection, in which case you should go for a professional clean-up.
- Drinking lots of water is good for your tongue as it helps in washing out all the accumulated food and bacteria. Also, discoloration of the tongue can often be caused by dehydration, which is why drinking adequate amounts of water that is 10-12 glasses a day is vital.
Related Tip: "5 Reasons To Get Regular Dental Cleaning"
Me & my girlfriend did oral sex almost 20 days ago. And in this time my girlfriend rub my penis in her vagina on 11.062016. And her periods started on 23rd June and ended on 28tg June. But after ending of periods bahot kam blood nikal raha tha aur stain bhi ho raha tha. Now she is planning to do pregnancy test. Tell me the best time to do pregnancy test. Pls tell.
My girlfriend is suffering from a single cyst in the ovary. It is 6cm in width. She is taking homeopathic treatment. Which mode of therapy will be the best for her to reduce and eliminate the cyst without laparoscopy?
Hello sir, I am 4 weeks pregnant. But I want to abort as we are not currently financial strong. Can you please advise which abortion method is safe. Pills or operation.
Is it safe to have sex without protection with your gf and later on giving ipil Will she get pregnant.
Hello doctor I abort my baby last month due to brain not developed properly. From that time I'm facing leg pain very badly. Please suggest.
Grapes health benefits
It may surprise you to hear that the humble grape is actually considered to be a berry.
The average serving size for grapes is about one cup, or 32 grapes. As a useful measure, you can use the size of your fist to estimate the proper portion size for grapes.
Grapes are high in water content and good for hydration. Grapes are high in antioxidants
Cancer: grapes contain powerful antioxidants known as polyphenols, the resveratrol found in red wine famous for heart health is a type of polyphenol found in the skins of red grapes.
Heart disease: the flavonoid quercetin is a natural anti-inflammatory that appears to reduce the risk of atherosclerosis and protect against the damage caused by low-density lipoprotein (ldl) cholesterol in animal studies.
The high polyphenol content in grapes may also reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease (cvd) by preventing platelet build-up and reducing blood pressure via anti-inflammatory mechanisms.
High blood pressure
Because of their high potassium content, grapes are recommended to those with high blood pressure to help negate the effects of sodium in the body.
Constipation the high water and fibre content of grapes helps in constipation.
Vitamin D is crucial for you because it is crucial for regulating the immune system as well as making sure that phosphorous and calcium get absorbed into the bloodstream. However, Vitamin D is crucial for a number of other reasons as well. Here they are:
- Multiple sclerosis: Vitamin D is crucial in lessening your chances of getting multiple sclerosis.
- Heart disease: It has also recently been agreed upon that Vitamin D reduces your chances of getting heart disease.
- Flu: The flu is yet another disease, which may not occur if you have an adequate amount of Vitamin D in your diet.
- Depression: Vitamin D also plays a crucial role in a person's mood. The more Vitamin D there is in your body and diet, the more stable your mood is. The risks of depression are also reduced when your body and diet has an adequate amount of Vitamin D.
- Weight loss: As mentioned earlier, Vitamin D has a number of benefits among which preventing heart disease is included. However, it is worth note that weight loss is also made easier with the more vitamin D you have. This is because Vitamin D has an appetite suppressing effect. However, it should be kept in mind that Vitamin D has to be taken alongside a lot of calcium for these appetite suppressing effects to occur.
- Cancer: Vitamin D is imperative for regulating cell growth. It is also crucial for cell-to-cell communication. 200 genes in the human body are affected adversely when there is an inadequate amount of Vitamin D in your body.
- Diabetes: In a recent study, it has been concluded that infants who received an adequate amount of vitamin D had their chances of suffering from Type 1 reduced by almost 88 percent by the time they turn 30.
- Rickets: The softening of the bones is termed as rickets. Rickets is yet another disease which is caused by an insufficient amount of Vitamin D. The reason for this is that calcium is not absorbed and therefore the bones soften.
Rickets is yet another disease which is caused by an insufficient amount of vitamin D. The reason for this is that calcium is not absorbed and therefore the bones soften. The softening of the bones is termed as rickets.
These are some of many other conditions associated with a Vitamin D deficiency.
Related Tip: "Are Vitamins Vital?"