Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Archana R. GaikwadYour feedback matters!
my wife is pregnent and in 13 week she show some blood drop in under garments ,baby groth is good in scaning report but dr. said baby is in lower position it shoud be critical for baby,we gose to dr. before 2 day ,but today my wife geting very pain in upper stamuc ,is this pain by gas trouble or some other pls tell
There is a palpable buzz around superfoods all over the world. One day quinoa is being hailed as the star among foods and the next day everyone is falling head over heels over the benefits of kuttu (buckwheat).
One wonders what makes certain foods qualify for the ‘superfood’ label. One, they need to be loaded with vital nutrients and vitamins. Second, they need to help in treating or lowering the risk of certain diseases? Let us explore a bit more.
What most of us do not realize is that a lot of superfoods have been around for centuries and our grandparents and ancestors have long been consuming them for their health benefits. It is only now that they have been re-discovered and are hitting the headlines. At the same time, a lot of exotic superfoods are being introduced, which are difficult to source and generally rather expensive.
The food industry wants to persuade us that eating some foods can slow down the ageing process, lift depression, boost our physical ability, and even our intelligence. Had that been the case, mother nature would have created only those foods and not so many kinds of foods, with different nutritive values.
The problem with some of the superfoods being aggressively marketed is that they are exotic in nature. So, unless you have the local or native super foods, not only would they be difficult to source but would also make a huge dent into the pocket. So, one would have something like kale only occasionally. Healthy, yes, but would one consume it every day? Probably not!
We over here prefer to talk about ‘Super Diets’ and like to avoid the use of the term ‘superfoods’. The emphasis is on a healthy, balanced diet, rich in fruits, vegetables and wholegrain foods, which are all easy to source.
So, what should be our strategy to a super diet?
- Eating foods and vegetables that are in season. Seasonal fruits and vegetables provide maximum health benefits and nutritional requirement for that time of the year. For example, bottle gourd (ghiya or doodhi) is a summer vegetable and is widely recommended for weight loss, managing high cholesterol and hypertension. But one must remember that since it is rich in water content (96 gm per 100 gm), it’s consumption during winters will not be as beneficial for our body. This is because it helps to reduce our body heat whereas in winters we want to trap the body heat to maintain our body temperature.
- Going local and consuming foods that are native to our region. Let’s make the best of what is available locally. Our humble jamun available during summers, is very high in Vitamin C content and works as an immunity booster. But, the trend is growing towards consumption of imported, dried cranberries which also give the same nutrition, but at a much higher cost. What we forget is that since jamun is a native fruit, our body is inherently adapted to digesting it better and getting the maximum benefit from it.
- Adopting unprocessed foods from all major food categories. As far as possible, we should banish processed and packaged foods from our shopping basket. For example, readymade breakfast cereals like wheat flakes have added preservatives, hidden sugars and are processed (extrusion method) such that when compared to the old, whole grain wheat dalia, they have far lower nutritional value.
- Focusing on getting our five portions of fruits and vegetables in a day. Eating a variety of foods ensures we get a wide variety of the nutrients our body needs. Fruits and vegetables have differed colours to indicate a different set of vitamins and minerals. So, include as many colours as you can in a day for a super-diet.
- Adjusting our diet based on our needs, ability to digest and medical conditions. For example, soya and its products are a blessing for adding proteins to a vegetarian diet, but if consumed by people with thyroid problem, it can interfere with proper absorption of medicine by the body.
Remember, there are no miracle foods and consuming a certain food is not going to undo the damage caused by unmindful eating. Any food when eaten at the right time and in the right combination shall keep us in good health. A balanced super diet far outweighs any super food in terms of the wholesome nutrition it provides our body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hi I want to know about the dates to do sex to get pregnancy for my wife as her period date is 23 rd of every month.
Respected sir, . Got married since two year having family planing before 2016. Bit now we are planing for a child. I was pregnant (42 days) but that was miscarriage due to the isue of measles before ten days. Now it is ok. Bleeding started on 22 march 2016. Now I am ok. There is any gap for next pregnancy. Pls help me.
Hi I am 5 months pregnant. I didn't have thyroid problem before pregnancy. But during my blood test my tsh level is 7.is this harmful during pregnancy. Will it affect baby.in ultrasound everything is normal. And doctor suggested me to take 50 mg throchor tablets. And will it continue after pregnancy also.
I am 40 year old woman I am very sad because my body is very weak and having pain in whole body so what should I do ?
HI I am 26 years old I live in noida sec 39. I have polysystic ovaries and abnormal periods I want to conceive my doctor doctor gave me fertomid 50 mg tablet for 5 days from second day of my period and prescribed follicular monitoring but my egg size on 13 day was right msf and left 13*11 and also on 16 th day the size remains same. But earlier before for 2 months the same ultrasound report was ok with same medicine and also Dr. gave me hucog injection earlier to rupture but I did not conceive and this time egg size was not ok please tell me what can I do?
I have polycystic ovary and problem of irregular period. I don't take any medicine now. Bt I have rashes on my skin. I do yoga everyday. It helps to regular my periods. Bt how can I get rid of this skin rashes? Sometimes Its itching. Is it any kind of allergy?
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation.
Hi I am Dr. Parul Katiyar. I am a senior IVF specialist in Max Hospital Delhi and in Max Gurgaon. So my interest is basically into preserving fertility and this is what i will be talking of in today’s discussion.
So what is fertility preservation? Fertility preservation is a process of preserving one’s eggs, sperms or any other reproductive tissue, which can be used for child bearing later on in life. It is a very important tool for preserving fertility for individual’s or persons where in child bearing is not likely to happen in near future however they would like to preserve their option of having a biological child in future. People who benefit from fertility preservation are people suffering from cancer because treatment for cancer is toxic to the eggs and sperms and therefore may lead to a permanent damage in one’s reproductive organs. Such people once they are cured would like to have their own biological child and therefore if they undertake fertility preservation before embarking for a cancer therapy, it is very useful for them. It is also helpful for women who want to delay their child bearing because of social reasons, career prospects or because they have not been able to find out the right partner as of now.
Women undergo biological aging and as the age advances the chance or the probability of becoming pregnant with one’s eggs will decline. Therefore, a woman who has frozen her eggs would be able to use those eggs later in life once she is ready to have her own child. People suffering from certain genetic diseases and immune disorders like LUPUS will also benefit from fertility preservation because genetic diseases may lead to a decline in one’s fertility at an accelerated rate and treatment of lupus and other immune disorders may again be toxic to one’s reproductive organs.
How do we preserve fertility? The various tools that are being used to preserve fertility in men are, most importantly, is the sperm cryopreservation or Sperm freezing. In this procedure what happens is that the man will have to ejaculate and produce a sperm sample in a laboratory and that sample is then processed and frozen in liquid nitrogen at -190 degree centigrade and preserved for whatever time they want to keep it. Freezing the sperms or any reproductive tissue has come out in a big way and it is very safe and with very good outcomes whenever those sperm samples or reproductive tissues are thought back and used for fertility.
The other important tool that is used in men is called Gonadal sparing, where in in individuals who need radiation therapy, the radiation is directed in such a manner that the organs that produce the sperm i.e. the testicles are spared in such a manner that there is testicular sparing, and therefore the spermatogenesis is not as badly effected as it would be if we do not take care of that. The tools for preserving fertility in women are first, embryo cryo-preservation; this is one of the most standardized technique for preserving one’s fertility.
In embryo cryopreservation, we inject the women with hormones so that they are able to produce multiple eggs and then those eggs are extracted and then fertilized with husband’s or partner’s sperm and then these embryos are cryo-preserved. However, in women who do not have a partner, they can undergo an oocyte cryopreservation as well. In oocyte cryopreservation, the same process is followed; however, as there is no partner, the eggs are frozen without even fertilization, which has become one of the most successful therapies for women who are undergoing cancer therapy at a young age or women who are not ready to have a child. Another technique that is being used is ovarian cryo-preservation or ovarian tissue cryo- preservation. The purpose of ovarian tissue cryo-preservation is that the entire ovary is taken out and then it is cut into slices and that ovarian cortical l tissue is then frozen in liquid nitrogen so that it can be re-implanted into the body of the women once she is ready to have the baby.
So these are various techniques, it’s an ever evolving field and we will have more and more of fertility preservation techniques that will come and help people conceive at a later stage in life. It is very aware that all of us make ourselves aware. As this is a very interesting field and has got a huge scope for a lot of people, it is very aware that all of us make ourselves aware of such technologies that exists.
Any woman or a man who is wanting to preserve their fertility can consult me, I am available at Max Hospital on all days and you can contact my on Lybrate, you can contact me through an SMS, you can chat, you can video call or you can even visit me at my clinic at Max hospital.
Hello sir the problem is there is a gap in backbone. Its not for me its to my girl friend. Due to the gap there is a problem in her ovary which is affecting her period duration. This is causing her many problems such as huge blood loss. Is there a treatment by which gap in backbone reduce or it may not affect bleeding thank you sir and it would be grateful if you answer me as soon as possible. Awaiting for your reply.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Manage sufficient fluid in your body ; take ors, coconut juice, pomegranate juice and water. Also papaya leaf juice and tulsi is good to maintain platelets count.
Preventive measures are best.
I am 30 years old and my wife is 26 years. We got married in 2012, February and its been 4.5 years around we are trying for a baby but unfortunately not successful. We went to gynecologist and they referred us for some tests and after the results we got there are some small issues with me and very small issues with my wife like hyperthyroid which were told to us that it is not so much tensions type of things and we can try till last. I am worrying about one issue like people says that time is very precious and after that nothing can be done. I am taking very tensions for small small things and trying to become cool and calm but it is again not done. Even we both are having some words disputes in which I always harsh on her and for which I think it should not be done as I found to be guilty. When we sometime have a mood to do for a baby we need something to help like laptop/movie to have some mood to reach out there to do. I hope you understand. Also we can not do for long last and complete withing 10 minutes. I am taking some medicines also of himalaya like Gokshura/seacod/ and one more virkshmala. Please suggest if anything can be done for any remedies.
Hello mam my age is 25 I am girl and my weight is around 70 kg my breast is lifted down my body shape is not good because of it. please suggest me simple exercise or home remedies.
Here are some tips on natural birthing
Hi, I am Dr. Renu Yadav. I am a practicing obstretic in Sector 40 and my speciality includes natural birthing, high risk pregnancies, laparoscopic surgery, family planning and gynic surgeries as well. Let's talk about natural birthing.
Today natural birthing is a process in which you give birth without using any help from the medicines or without the epidural anesthesia. It's the most common way. Its I think the best way to deliver a baby without the help of medicines and it's the most beautiful thing to experience if you are pregnant. The labour goes without any kind of complication. The only idea is supporting the lady emotionally throughout the labor process yes definitely it's going to take a long time but trust me on that that it's the most beautiful thing which can happen to a woman.
Natural birthing requires a little bit of preparation as association with the doctor is must. The idea of getting natural birth should be clear in your head because it's you who has to go through it. All the other kind of medical medicines and medical anesthesia are always available for you there is no Doubt in that any point of time. If you feel that you are not prepared to go with it and if it is the pain is unbearable for you. We can always switch to the medicine modality but keeping it natural is I have experienced few deliveries with me and trust me those are the bestest deliveries which I have conducted in my lifetime as a doctor.
Natural birthing needs a preparations from the patient side like in continuous touch with your gynaec, going through some physical exercises, learning yoga during your antenatal time and doing the exercises regularly is the must for natural birthing and as the time approaches you will become more and more confident about the things that you will be able to deal with the labor on your own.
The next important thing is the breathing exercises. The breathing exercises are the must to learn if you want to go for a natural birthing especially the deep breathing exercises in which you open up yourself completely. You breathe through your mouth and breathe out through your mouth. Also is equally important the association between the patient and the doctor should be so strong that the doctor is able to understand the things without the patient even realizing it that it's needed.
Regarding any queries or questions about natural birthing you can contact me through lybrate.com.