Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ArchanaYour feedback matters!
Hey doc We are planning to go somewhere by train. Journey will be overnight. I am worried about my 1.5 years baby because he used to drink milk 2-3 times in night and there is no milk available on the way. What should I do? In what ways I can prevent milk?
I am 18 years old girl. I have pcod. I am having irregular periods and also having thick n coarse hairs all over body and face. These hairs growth are just like male pattern growth. They are increasing very fast. Please help. What should I do to rid of this?
I'm a 40 years old man, married and had a 6 years old girl, it has been for 7 years for our married life and expecting to have one more child to our life. My wife have got pregnant 2 times but there two times my went abortion. Please help me doctor.
Every woman is different. So are her experiences of pregnancy. Not every woman has the same symptoms or even the same symptoms from one pregnancy to the next.
1. Fatigue - If you're suddenly exhausted, it might be a response to the increasing hormones in your body. Don't treat fatigue with excessive caffeine if there is a chance you may be pregnant.
2. Sensitivity to certain Smells – Certain pleasant or unpleasant smells can make you nauseous. If you're repulsed by certain smells, or have an increased sensitivity to odors.
3. Nausea and Vomiting – This is due to rising hormones levels in early pregnancy
4. Breast Tenderness – Tender and heavy-feeling breasts, darkening of the areolas and even more pronounced veins on your chest can be a first sign that you're pregnant. Get a well fitted bra to ease the discomfort
5. Frequent Urination – In early pregnancy the uterus grows and pushes on the bladder, triggering the urge to urinate more often.
6. Shortness of Breath - This is because you need extra oxygen due to the growing embryo
7. Spotting and Cramping – This is due to implantation of the fertilized egg to wall of the uterus. Is it PMS or pregnancy? It's hard to tell, but if you're feeling crampy, it might be your uterus stretching to get ready for a baby.
8. Mood swings- These are also related to changes in hormones
9. Constipation - The higher levels of the hormone progesterone can make you constipated. You swear you fit in your skinny jeans just last week. If you're feeling a little puffy or backed up, it might be extra progesterone due to pregnancy, which slows down your digestive system.
10. Late Period
Many of the early signs of pregnancy are also symptoms of PMS. How to tell the difference? The most telling clue yet will be a missed period. If your cycle is fairly regular and you're late, you should head to the drugstore for pregnancy test kit or a gynecologist
A pregnant woman could have all of these or maybe have only one or two. If any of these symptoms become bothersome, then visit your Gynecologist and Obstetrician for consultation.
Dr. Jyotsna Gupta
12 days missed period I have check hcg strip in my home result negative . I do have fear about it.Please suggest
N someday that fertilization occurs only during ovulation period. So if that is the case I have crossed my ovulation period n I shd get my periods as usual.
Hi doctor, I am on estrogen from the last 10 years. Now I want to plan my baby. What should I do? please help me.
Madam, Periods are stopped since Two Years.My age is 26 years.I am having Two childrens.My weight is 94.Doctors telling Pituatory gland problem.What is the solution for coming periods regularly.Thyroid is normal.
I need some information. I have connection with married women. While doing sex. I used condom in between it was cut. She don't have any medical issue. There is any problem for me, I am feeling fear. Please help me out regarding this issue.
I am 8 months pregnant now. My baby weight is only 1 kg. How to increase the weight of baby. Please tell Me what to eat for increase the weight.
Hi, I want to know more about 'Salt therapy which is a new boom in india to cure ENT issues, skin deceases & autoimmune disorders. Can I know how it is performed on a patient?
I just had an intercourse with my girlfriend, the girls age is 16 i'm not sure weather I ejaculated inside ! Or not ! I just wanted to confirm what are the best method to prevent pregnancy! And is i pill is a good option? Side effects of it!
I am going to have sex with call grl. Dnt knw whether she had HIV or not. Can I do mouth to mouth kissing with her.
Having Severe stomach aches. No irregularities in bowel or no other symptoms. My periods are just over. I am only breaking gas but none gastric medicines are working. Appetite is okay.
Take an after-dinner walk
Walk during your breaks and at lunch
If possible, schedule a" walking" work meeting
Park in the farthest spot from the grocery store or mall (it is easier parking as well).
Avoid valet parking (saves money too)
Take the stairs instead of elevators or escalators
Walk while your kids practice or warm-up at their sporting events instead of sitting in your comfy chair (this one I know from experience).
Walk to drop off/pickup kids from school.
Take public transportation; walk around the terminal when waiting for the train/bus/light rail.
Walk the dog. Have you heard our pets are getting fatter too?
Avoid the drive-thru. If you must eat at a fast-food establishment, park at the farthest spot and walk in. And, of course, choose a healthier food option!
Walk to visit friends or neighbors.
Like to golf? walk instead of renting the cart.
Read/watch tv on a treadmill (or stationary bike).
Large breasts are not just aesthetically unappealing but can also lead to a lot of structural problems including neck and back pain. This condition, called macromastia, is when either breast weighs more than 500 g. Breast reduction, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is aimed at reducing the size of the breasts followed by reshaping them if required. This will not just produce an aesthetically appealing image for the person but also can help relieve problems like neck and back pain.
Indications - When should you have breast reduction?
- There is constant back, shoulder, head, and/or neck pain
- Constant irritation of skin under the breasts
- Breathing difficulty
- Grooves on the shoulders from bra straps
- Poor posture
- Numbness in parts of the breasts and upper chest due to excessive weight
- Unhappy with the overall appearance
While these are the problems that mandate breast reduction, the following is a pointer towards who can go for the surgery. Needless to say, not everybody is a candidate.
- The person should have overall good health
- No active diseases or pre-existing medical conditions.
- Skin has adequate elasticity and can resume a firm consistency after the surgery
- Emotional and mental stability with loads of patience
- Done with childbirth and breastfeeding
- Be practical and have realistic expectations from the surgery
Overview of the procedure:
It is most often a combination of liposuction and gland reduction. Liposuction forms a small part of the procedure and it is the gland reshaping that actually reduces the size. There are many ways to do it and different surgeons may prefer different techniques depending on the size of the breast, quality of the skin, expectation of the patient. The two most common ways are one in which the final scars lie around the areola and vertically downwards and the other in which the scar is anchor shaped with an additional horizontal limb along the breast crease under the breast.
To achieve the best desired results, the first step is to have a detailed discussion. A thorough physical examination followed by mammographic evaluation will help arrive at the best possible technique. Along with the desired results, also discuss side effects, limitations, risks, postoperative care, recovery, and of course costs. Other factors are also to be considered including age, gestational history, feeding history, medication allergies, and detailed medical history including bleeding disorders, lung disorders, cardiac issues, etc.
A decision is then finally made to go ahead with breast reduction, which will not just improve her looks but also her confidence and relieve her of problems that back ache and neck pain.