Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aravind KateYour feedback matters!
I have cough and cold from last one month can I take medicine continuously or not if yes which type of medicine is best.
I am 41 year male. Suffering from asthma. Using for the last 3 year night aerocort rotacaps capsules. I want to discontinue this tablet. What I can do.
Dear Sir My age is 49 years I am having asthma from my birth ,as my age is growing m finding difficult when cold.
Hello sir, I am getting cough and cold every month and it took more than a week to relief if I will not get any medicine. What should I do?
My daughter is 10 years old she is suffering from asthma problem she on inhalation with asthalin and ceroflow 125 please advice me what else to do coz it is not getting controlled.
My daughter 3.3yrs old suffers from cough very often even her nose is blocked and nothing comes out she has that problem when she lies down therefore hinders in sound sleep
I have had a loud rough cough for the past 3 weeks. I also have a lot more trouble breathing when just walking up stairs. Please suggest me?
Asalam aley kum I am 43 old I am using singulair for asthma If I left medicine again start asthma What it's permanent solution Please suggest.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 1weeksand I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
My-14-year friend has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins to help vision.
He is having chestic cough since 2 weeks. Sometimes irregular breathing. Its scary. He doesn't have asthma after doctor check up. For this doctor has given him Defcort30 a kind of steroid fr breathing problem. Main thing is his cough is not coming out properly .taking cough syrup also and some medicines.
Hi I m 27 years of age I have ajmetic problem when I used to inhale a shril sound used appear in my chest and compels me to cough but nothing came out.
I have cough for 7 days. Yet antibiotic not taken. Not severe but irritating. Should I take antibiotic?
My son is suffering from bronchitis asthma since last two years and he is taking foracort rotacaps capsule on daily basis to control his asthma or I can say to control his cough. I want to know that long term use of these capsules is harmful for health or lungs. Pls advice some treatment or solution.
I am facing some dry cough issues since last two week. Mostly it happens when I took flavoured hookah at home or any other place. Can you let me know what is the issue is this something like throat infection or other problem.
If you are experiencing a wheezing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check.
Symptoms of Asthma or Asthma Attack
- Chest tightness or chest discomfort
- Breathing discomfort with or without cough
Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with your doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Doctor suggests immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.