Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aravind Kamat
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Aravind KamatYour feedback matters!
Sir, My mother is 66 years and is taking medicines like Telma 20, Deplatt 75 A, Calaptin 40 mg, Avas 5 mg since 3 years and Elextroxin 25 mcg for thyroid since 2 months every morning on empty stomach. She suffered TIA 3 years back. Today when when I went for regular check up her BP was 126/64 and pulse is 84 so our Doctor asked to stop taking Telma 20. Our Doctor said from tomorrow keep checking your mother's BP whenever her BP shows 160/90 then you give her Telma 20 otherwise don't give her everyday. Sir I'm little worried because she is taking Telma 20 from 3 years and if she stops I'm scared will it impact her health or will her BP suddenly falls down or shoot up. I'm very confused. Please help me to understand that is it OK to stop her BP tablet Telma 20 or no. All her other medicines she will continue. Please help me as I'm very much worried.
Hi, I am 39 year old and suffering from chest burning for last 6 to 7 years. I am using rebiprazole regularly for relief. Can you suggest some cure.
When there is a person with the chronic condition, it is not just that person who is affected, but the near and dear ones as well. When heading out for a dinner or when planning a gathering, there would be certain things that need to be accounted for and considered to accommodate the needs of the affected person. These very soon become a way of life and can be done effortlessly.
The following are some things to bear in mind when living with a heart patient.
- Diet: Heart patients would have some dietary preferences based on the heart condition per se. This may include a need for more whole grains and vegetables, need for specific types of oils, specific cooking methods, etc. At home, it is essential to ensure these things are always stocked up. When heading out, whether it is to visit someone or out for a meal, take into account whether these would be available. The next best option should be kept in mind so that dietary intake is not affected. Gradually, with time, substitutes can be identified with which they could manage in most places.
- Medications: Make sure the medication kit is always readily available. Make sure the person does not miss any medications, whether at home or outside. Ensure the regular medicines are in stock and some common emergency ones are also readily available.
- Routine: Whether it is their morning walk or yoga or meditation, it is better to stick to the routine as much as possible. The person also should learn to adapt based on circumstances; however, to the maximum extent possible, these should be continued without major interruption.
- Monitoring: Be it blood pressure, sugar levels or weight, these need to be monitored regularly and any deviations should be brought to the notice of the doctor immediately.
- Other equipment: Whether it is a walker, inhaler, or a wheelchair, these should be functional and available. The home or the living place should not be cluttered to allow for the easy use of this equipment.
While these may initially require some effort, with time, it would just happen naturally. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!