Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Aravind KamatYour feedback matters!
My father who is 76 years old has high pressure. When he got checked last time the systolic was 190 and dystolic 105. But he says he has no difficulties. I have no idea what to do? Please give me an advice.
I am suffering from dry cough. Sometimes my chest pain whenever I cough. Soooo what shall I do from this painful cough & chest pain?
I am 39 yrs old always having negative thinking I would die of heart attack sometimes think my heart is beating fast always remain in tension and my ECG result is av abnormal what to do.
My heart beats around 80-85 per minute even at resting position and I also feel hardness near my heart and little pain too. Is it sign of any heart disease or it can be due to acidity or gastric problem? I have this problem for 2.5 years. Some time a feel very strong heart beats for just 5-6 seconds.
I am suffering from headache for last 4 weeks and I have chest pain also when I take my lunch in late. Please suggest what should I do?
My blood cholesterol is high at 280 and hdl 54 ldl 186 calculated and trick s is 201 so what should be the treatment?
My blood pressure in recent checkups has shown at 150/108, and I am not feeling any symptoms of it My age is 23 do I need to take medication I am following healthy diet and the doing exercise daily too What may be the reason for this kindly advice.
Plz help me. I feel very uncomfortable from 1 week. Suffering from heart pain, stomach pain, breast tenderness-soreness-tingles, headache and white creamy vaginal cervical mucus and feeling sleepy tired all day. I'm 21 years old unmarried girl. I have an unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 23-24 April, 2016. My periods are always regular and comes on 25-26 days gap every month but this month it comes almost 5 days late with less bleeding not as always. On 21stay, 2016 i'll take home pregnancy test with Preganews but it comes negative. But i'm so worried so scared now. Coz i'm unmarried I can't take any risk. please plz help me. Plzz suggest me i'm in big problem.
Making few dietary changes and losing weight are effective for reducing the blood pressure.
1) Lose weight if you are overweight or obese.
2) Eat a healthy diet, including more of fruits, vegetables, and low fat dairy products, less saturated and total fat.
3) Potassium is an important for the maintenance of high blood pressure e.g coconut water, banana etc.
4) Exercise regularly atleast for 30 mins.
1) Reduce the salt intake.
2) Avoid canned, prepackaged, or processed foods.
3) Avoid smoking and alcohol.
4) Avoid stress.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.