Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ApurvaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am having a small ball like bumps inside my lower lip. So Please tell me what is that? Is it normal or any issue.
I am frequently getting ulcers in my mouth at the same particular area where I have a sharp tooth. My tongue got rubbed or not I am not sure but tongue got hurt & I couldn't eat food its burning if I eat.
Hello , I am experiencing excess salivation since very long but it get discontinued in between but again recur sometimes always hving urge to spit then .Help me out.
There are minor gaps between my upper pair of teeth which doesn't looks good. Is there any solution for it?
Hi doctor. This problem is related to Mouth Problem. One of my friend suffering from trismus since 10 years. Because of financial issue he ignored it. But now it's a big issue for him. Please suggest treatment for the same. Thanks.
I have red dotes like pimples n rashes in my mouth from last 3 day seems like got mouth infection its pain like burnt when having food to eat what should I do?
While you might think that you are on track by brushing twice a day, but just doing that may not be enough. If your technique is not right or if you are using the wrong type of toothbrush, you are making your teeth vulnerable to infections and decay.
Here are the common brushing mistakes that can harm your teeth:
1. You do not brush long enough
The single most common mistake that people make while brushing is not brushing long enough. If you want to thoroughly clean your teeth, you should brush for almost 2 minutes. Experts suggest that most of the people with gum diseases did not brush their teeth for sufficient amount of time. Try using an electric toothbrush with a timer to ensure that you brush for 2 minutes.
2. You miss the important sites
Missing important areas of your mouth while brushing your teeth is also a common brushing mistake. Brushing should involve devoting an equal amount of time to all areas, targeting the inside, outside and chewing surfaces of your teeth, along with your gums, tongue and the roof of your mouth. Most people do not think consciously while brushing, making it easy to skip the vulnerable sites.
3. You use too much of paste
Using too much of toothpaste will not make your teeth cleaner. On the contrary, it might make you brush for a shorter span since too much of foam in your mouth can make you uncomfortable. For children, a small swipe on a toothbrush is enough and for adults, a pea-sized or marble-sized amount is more than sufficient.
4. You brush too hard
You may think that the more pressure you apply while brushing, the better it is. But that is not the case. Aggressive brushing can actually cause the gum tissue to come away from your teeth, leading to swollen gums and even bleeding. It can also result in tooth sensitivity or even loose teeth. Experts recommend that you should use a soft bristled toothbrush. Soft bristles tend to be gentle on your teeth and will flex more under the gum line, which leads to a more thorough cleaning.
5. Your technique is wrong
Brushing your teeth is not a race that you need to finish in time. By taking long, crude and haphazard sweeps back and forth, you are only going to harm your teeth. Concentrate instead on small areas at a time and brush gently in a circular motion. When you are at the gum line, remember to keep your bristles at an angle of 45 degrees and always brush away from the gums.
So, it is high time you change these brushing habits and adopt healthy dental practices for plaque free and healthy gums and teeth. Stay healthy, stay happy!
I have red rashes in mouth after eating hot meals? What is that? Is the result of heat? What medicine should I take?
Outer covering of my teeth becomes yellowish . Then what to do to remove this colour.Please tell me simple way of it ?
I have a sharp molar teeth and I have got this habit of biting my tongue with that. Can it be smoothened?
I am 18 yers old from rajasthan. In our village there ,water contain fluoride in it. So my teeth become yellow due to it. I show this to doctors but they can't do perfect solutions. Please suggest me answer. How to become my teeth yellow.
Bad breath is embarrassing. It inconveniences you and everyone around you. It affects your life in more ways than you might be aware of. It is crucial that you give due care to your oral health well in time to save difficult procedures and unbearable decay in time. Here are a few ways how you can do that:
1. Brushing Twice: This is the first and the most important. The reasons of odour in the mouth are mainly gum disease, tooth decay, and cavities. You should brush your teeth twice, once right after you wake up and just before you go to bed.
2. Tongue Cleaning and Flossing: It’s not just brushing, you need to clean your tongue too. This is the area where harmful bacteria are present. To avoid odour and mouth diseases, ensure that you have a tongue cleaner and that you clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth. Also remove the in-betweens of the teeth with a flossing thread. It ensures complete deposit free oral hygiene.
3. No to Mints: Avoid using mints and gums to disguise the odour in your breath. They are temporary disguises and do more harm than good. They have sugar which stays back in your mouth and spoils your oral health, drastically. If you have to choose ones which are free of sugar.
4. Drink Ample Water: If your mouth is dry, it is a bad sign. Saliva has the important enzymes which help kill bacteria. If your mouth is dry, bacteria are increasing. So, drink water. Ensure you drink at least eight glasses of water in a day.
5. Rinse After Every Meal: Always wash the insides of your mouth well, after eating anything, esp. chocolates and other sugary foods. A good swirl with water inside your mouth will get rid of the food lodged in corners.
6. Pick The Right Fruits: Certain fruits and vegetables are very good for oral health. Juicy and crunchy Vitamin C rich fruits like bell peppers, broccoli, berries and apple have a cleansing effect on your teeth.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I have tooth ache day before yesterday due to which I took a pain killer (bruffin). Now I have swelling and pain. What to do doctor?
I have toticed that my mouth front teeth are coming outside little bit. How can I position it as it is?
Iam suffering from mouth ulcer and I used the B complex tablets but it is not working please give a suggestion to me.
Any one in the world does'nt want a white teeth?
These are the two wishes makes the tooth paste business as number one in the world.
Every one should know why there are so many shades of teeth.
Does a yellow teeth means ugly teeth.
The colour of your teeth is an optical phenomenon. It depends on the thickness of the enamel. The inner layer of the tooth is called dentin, which is yellow in colour. If the overlying enamel is thin the colour of dentin is visible through the enamel giving the tooth yellow colour. If the enamel is thick the underlying dentin is not visible so tooth appears white. The whiteness of tooth depends on the thickness of enamel. Genetic also plays a role. Usually a fair complexioned person will have yellow shade and a dark complexioned person will have white shade.
So the colour of your teeth is not going to be changed permanently by your tooth paste.
Yellow or white teeth keep it clean.