Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Apollo Clinic - SmacYour feedback matters!
Digital Smile Design Now in India (DSD)
DSD is a smile enhancement procedure. It is a new science that brings dentistry to an emotional level connecting with people through visual communication and real care.
A beautiful smile reflects self-confidence and illuminates a positive aura around the person. Very few of us are naturally gifted for it. Nevertheless everyone desires and has a right to own one. A pleasing smile without teeth is unimaginable.
The modern science advances in the field of computers, photography and dental technology has given an edge to dentist in creating pleasing iconic smiles. The smiles designed with digital tools and visagism concept are extremely accurate and can reflect one’s personality. The best part in this is THE TEST DRIVE method that gives the dentist a clear road map with exact dimensions and proportion of teeth which can suit your personality, face, skin color, eye color and age. Earlier this work was left to guesswork of dentist and his technician. THE TEST DRIVE gives you a sense of owning a beautiful smile you always desired without actually undergoing any dental treatment. Correction can be done in final restoration if required.
Globally this concept of smile design is catching up faster. Now it is available in India and it’s within the reach of almost every one of us. It works for broken, discolored, crooked, or missing teeth. Its time we give thought to our smile because it makes life more beautiful.
So what are you waiting for … get a TEST DRIVE done today !!!
Tooth sensitivity can be best described with the symptom of a sharp pain that you feel in your teeth when you sip something hot or cold. It is this contact of the drink with the sensitive tooth that causes the sharp pain. Extremely cold climate and eating something which is sweet or sour can cause the sensitive teeth to cause such a sensation, thus making it uncomfortable for you to eat anything.
The most common causes of sensitive teeth are as follows:
1. Tooth decay near the gum line can cause the teeth to be sensitive
2. Consumption of highly acidic foods and beverages
3. Using a hard tooth brush and aggressive brushing can lead to erosion of tooth enamel and cause tooth sensitivity
4. Plague buildup and gum diseases cause tooth sensitivity which may require you to consult your dentist immediately
However, there are many precautions that dentists recommend which can prevent your tooth from becoming sensitive. These are:
1. Gently brush your teeth and use a tooth brush that has soft bristles. This can prevent any damage to the enamel.
2. Apply proper technique to clean all parts of your mouth and teeth. You should also rinse your mouth properly with antiseptic mouthwash and fluoride.
3. You should eat a well-balanced diet which is low in acidic content. Soft drinks and cold drinks should be avoided as they can damage the enamel on your teeth.
4. Using desensitizing toothpaste can help reduce the pain associated with sensitivity.
Hyper sensitive tooth needs proper treatment and you should immediately consult your dentist. There are many dental procedures ranging from simple to complex ones, aimed towards controlling pain and sensitivity. Root canal and application of fluoride to the sensitive areas of your teeth can help reduce pain. Root canal is a treatment at the tooth’s soft core and is considered the most successful treatment to eliminate the pain associated with infected tooth without the need to remove it.