Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Sir, as compare to my height, my weight is so less. So what are the steps to increase weight. Suggest me a diat plan.
Hi, I am 25 years old. I have been diagnosed with pcod. Was advised to lose weight. Have lost from 73 to 66 since January. So how will it help in pregnancy? Are the pcos dissolved because of my weight loss?
I want to loss 10 kg weight in 3 months. I am maintaining my diet well. My weight is now 68 kg. Hight is 5" 3.I have a problem dt I can't do d exercise so long I feel breathing problem. Is there any other options for weight loss faster? Any homeopathy medicine 4 dt?
I am a diabetic for the last 10 years. My self check diagonisis and the doctor's differs. For e.G. My fasting sugar shows 94 on my ACCUCHECK whereas the doctor's shows 132. This is happening for the last three times. I would like to know the reason.
Water is an essential ingredient for life. While you can live without food for some time, you probably will not survive without water for more than three days. Compared to other natural beings, humans are the only species who store water for drinking for continued periods of time.
The emergence of plastic bottles and its ill effects on health-
In recent years, the storage medium for water has changed from earthen or metallic pots to plastic bottles. However, this is going to have a negative effect on your body as plastic bottles contain many harmful chemicals such as:
1.BPA - Bisphenol A or BPA is a chemical that is used to make plastics clear and see through. This chemical is known to be a disruptor of endocrine related functions and can cause severe illnesses or conditions over long term usage such as:
b)Birth defects in babies
d)Early or premature labor
e)Making young girls hit puberty earlier and many others
2.Phthalates - Another common ingredient used in the production of plastic bottle, this also inhibits endocrine functions and can cause the following disorders:
a)May reduce sperm count
b)May cause testicular tumors or abnormalities
c)Other gender development issues
d)It is also a known carcinogen as well
Copper as an alternative to store water
Copper is an essential nutrient for the body and at any point in time, the human body has about 0.9 mg of copper within it. This is required for the body as it helps make and repair red blood cells and is responsible for the health of the nerve cells. It is also required in the upkeep of the immune system.
Copper as a material for storing water also has its own advantages. Let's look at some of them.
- It doesn't have harmful chemicals like the ones in plastic bottles- Copper is a metal and thus reacts to water in a very different way compared to plastics. Also it doesn't have the harmful chemicals as mentioned above in its production process and is automatically a notch up.
- Copper has antibacterial properties- Storing water in a copper container overnight will kill harmful bacteria and thus it is good for your gastro-intestinal health.
- It will provide the body its daily requirement for copper- The usage of copper bottles helps the body get its requirement of daily copper easily and thus helps the body to keep its immunity up as well.
Thus, it is always advisable to store drinking water in copper bottles or vessels as it will be far more beneficial than drinking water from plastic bottles.
Hello doctor Does sauna belt really helps in reducing stomach and other areas fats? If yes what should be considered while buying it?
Hello Madam, My wife is no 43 years old two year ago remove her utrenus and over-is. Now she have vaginal dryness. Please suggest what I do. Or any medicine which is safe. (Ayurvedic)
I am quite healthy one but feels that I loose a lot of energy while carrying some heavy weight like 10 kg rice etc. Is it a symptom of anything.
I am quite lazy while doing work always feel sleepy while working so what measure to take to overcome this.
Sir, my lips became darken due to smoking cigarettes. Can you suggest any method to change my lip colour? I feel depressed due to this.
What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems?
I am 16 year old my height is not much more but can I do for my height I am an volleyball player so I need much height for my game.
I am 18+ old n my weight is 64. This is over weight so can you please advice me step by step that how can I reduce my weight as becoz my marriage is confirm after six mnth.
I have psoriasis problem for more than 10 years. I almost stop those food which I found are the main triggers for psoriasis attack to my body. However, I found that stress & some type of clothes are also causes for the allergy. I had tried some ayurvedic medicine but it can't cure totally. Also, I always keep citrazin or livosis tablet in my wallet so that whenever required I can take the medicine. Someone please. Give me some home remedy or ayurvedic treatment. Thanks.
Remember the old saying that prevention is better than cure. Women are often bombarded with information that includes many tests but there are a few which should never be ignored.
1)breast cancer screening: this should start when a woman is in her 20's and 30's by breast self examination done once in three months after periods. If you feel any lump, follow it up with your gynecologist. A mammography is recommended after 40 every year till 50 and every alternate year after that till 75 years of age. A person may require more frequent testing if she at high risk due to her personal or family history.
2) cervical cancer screening: cervix is the entry to the uterus where a baby grows. Cervical cancer is still the no. One cancer in sexually active women in india. It is important to have regular screening by doing pap smear tests after starting sexual activity and then if normal, once every 3 years till 65 years of age. The main reason this cancer occurs is due to hpv infection and after the age of 30 years every woman should have a&nbsp;hpv- dna test done once in her lifetime to assess her risk of getting this cancer.
3) osteoporosis screening: osteoporosis means weak and porous bones that are more likely to get fractured with smallest of falls and injuries. Bones start to lose their density after menopause in women. There are many high risk factors due to which the bones can start to weaken early but if none exist then at least a base line dexa scan which is an x-ray based test should be done at 65 years of age.
4) high blood pressure and cholesterol screening: high blood pressure is known to be a silent killer and it is important to get your blood pressure once a year after 30. But if you are overweight or have other high risk factors in your history, you can get it checked early to suit your lifestyle. Any blood pressure reading of more than 140 by 90 on two occasions means that you need to start treatment. High cholesterol is responsible for clogging our arteries and may lead to heart damage. Lipid profile should be done once in 5 years after the age of 25 years if normal.
5) blood sugar: if you are normal then a sugar testing should be done once every 3 years after 40 years. If there are risk factors like overweight, sedentary lifestyle or family history, one has to suit your individual needs. A fasting value of more than 125 or hba1c value of more than 6.5% suggests diabetes.