Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aparna Shandu
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna ShanduYour feedback matters!
My hairs are too frizy, short, dull, rough with dandruff and having hair fall also so give me some remedy so that I will get rid from these problems.
Hi, I am ashok from Hyderabad. I am suffering from snoring, please help me to how to stop snoring. Thank you.
I have arthritis since 6 years. All my joints have swelling and pains a lot. I have tried steroids injections but it resulted in 'pus' Is there any other option except steroids? Recently I had done blood test and x-ray. According to my blood reports: RA : 66.0 Vitamin D3 : 13.8 ng/ml X-ray report: (both knee) 1. Bony out growth seen in upper end of both. 2. Tibia and lower end of both femur and patella.
Mild Pain in the area where neck and jaw joins below the ear. Had cold and throat pain two days back. Now no throat pain. Only pain in that area. Kindly suggest any home remedies.
I am losing my weight, I have tried all diet and go for jim also but, I am unable to stop it. Please help me.
Sir, my age is 29, male, I am from tamilnadu, I am preparing for competitive exams, my problem is , in morning I ate food 5 idly or dhosai, at 10 a.m, and then 11 a.m little sleepiness, so I can not study, in morning a I have yawning a lot. Afternoon I ate lunch with medium quantity only, I feel so sleepy. I can not control. So I went to sleep in home or whatever places. In night I go to bet at 10, and I wake up in morning at 7a. M. How to control morning and afternoon sleep. I am so tired and sleepy when I am in sitting in chair, etc. Kindly give best solution.
How to recover from back pain and joint pain. Its a mild pain bt at my age its not good as I think so suggest me what should I do. My age is 20 and wt. 41 kg.
Dyspareunia or painful intercourse can bring problems in the lives of a couple. Not only it affects their physical relationship but also causes an emotional stress as well. Women may experience pain during intercourse with their partner for several reasons.
Causes of a painful intercourse
A few common reasons that might induce a pain during intercourse are:
- Insufficient vaginal lubrication: If the vagina is not moistened with a liquid secreting from the vagina, intercourse can be painful. Lesser lubrication can be resolved with an increase in foreplay or relaxing on the woman’s part. Lubricating creams can also be used in such cases.
- Vaginal tightness: If the vaginal entrance is tight, then the woman can feel pain during the intercourse. This happens in case of rigid hymen or hymen which is abnormal.
- Vaginal infections: Yeast infection or trichomoniasis can induce pain. If an individual has herpes sore on the outside portion of the genitals, intercourse can be painful.
- Vaginismus: This is a common cause that happens mostly due to the fear that women feel about getting hurt during sex. It is an involuntary reaction in the muscles surrounding the vagina. Even a thought of sex can cause severe spasm. This prevents vaginal penetration and at times rough sex, which causes more pain and swelling.
- Uterus problems: Fibroids can cause pain during a deep intercourse.
- Cervical problems: Deep penetration can reach the cervix, in that case, pain is inevitable. It is common in women who’s cervix is long or one who’s uterus has come down from normal position ( prolapsed )
- Menopause: When a woman reaches her age of menopause, the vagina loses its natural lubrication, hence, coital dryness is experienced which may cause vaginal tears and injury.
- Ovarian problems: The ovary can have cysts due to several reasons like infections, pregnancy, chocolate cysts of endometriosis etc. Having a cyst would induce pain during intercourse.
- Endometriosis: Women’s uterus is lined with a tissue named endometrium. If for some reason the endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus, like in pelvis, ovaries etc, pain can be felt at sex.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease: With this disease, the tissues which are situated deep inside the vagina can be infected and inflamed. This causes friction during the intercourse resulting in pain.
- Sexually transmitted diseases: It is another cause for experiencing pain during the intercourse.
- Ectopic pregnancy: It is that type of pregnancy where the fertilised egg grows outside the uterus. In such a condition, intercourse may be painful.
- Injured vulva: Vulva or vagina can be injured if the female develops a tear during childbirth. In normal delivery, a cut is deliberately given in the portion between the anus and the vagina (episiotomy) which may cause pain at sex.
- Vulvodynia: When a woman’s vulva, that is the sexual organs like labia, clitoris, and the opening of the vagina experiences chronic pain then intercourse becomes painful.
Other causes might be irregular bleeding, intercourse soon after a pelvic, vaginal surgery or childbirth or genital lesions. In such cases, an individual must consult a doctor immediately.
Treatments for Painful Intercourse
The treatment for pain during intercourse depends on the cause. If the cause is an intercourse soon after pregnancy, then it can be avoided by waiting for six weeks after giving birth before indulging in intercourse. If the issue is of dryness or insufficient lubrication, the lubricants which are water-based can be applied in the area. Sometimes menopause can cause pain, in that case, it is advisable to consult a doctor about oestrogen creams or any other prescribed medicine. Other causes may require medication prescribed by a gynaecologist. https://www.lybrate.com/kalyani/doctor/dr-parag-patil-gynaecologist-1Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!