Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna PrabhuYour feedback matters!
Dietary tips to stay fit after Menopause
Left Breast developed a few lump like thick long tube and also recently its paining. What should I do as when consulted recently the Dr. Said its just a Breast Fibroids. Wanted to have a second opinion and to know if there is any Ayurvedic treatment for this.
Have pain while Urinating??
If left untreated, what are the complications?
If painful urination is left untreated, it can be life threatening depending on the cause. Complications include kidney failure, septicemia, shock and spread of cancer.
That’s why it is better to seek medical help if the symptoms last for 2 days, especially if your pain is associated with other symptoms like foul smelling urine, pus or blood in the urine, nausea, vomiting, fever, pain in lower back and frequent chills.
Treatment and Prevention
If the cause of painful urination is an infection, then it is treated with antibiotics, urinary analgesics and anti-fungal agents in the form of creams or tablets. There are several natural remedies for painful urination as well.
Here are some tips to avoid painful urination:
1) Drink lots of water every day to cleanse your system.
2) Urinate as soon as you feel the urge to urinate to reduce the risk of infection.
3) Avoid eating spicy and sugary foods. They can irritate the linings of your bladder, cause pelvic cramps and also burden your kidneys and bladder.
4) Avoid drinking alcohol and caffeinated beverages like tea, coffee. They tend to stimulate bladder irritation and cause dehydration.
5) Avoid eating tomatoes and citrus foods.
6) Follow proper hygiene daily.
After urinating, women should dry the area from front to back for preventing germ inoculation in the urinary tract. Change sanitary towels regularly during periods.
Avoid using products like soap, oils or talc around the genital area that can cause irritation.
Practice safe and hygienic sex. Urinate after having an intercourse to flush out bacteria from the urethra.
Avoid wearing tight clothes.
For more queries and herbal health tips u may consult me.
Wish u a good health.
For most people, the screen of a cell phone is the first thing they see in the morning and the last thing they see before going to bed. Nobody can deny the fact that living without a cell phone today is extremely difficult but must we be so glued to them? Staring into a phone or tablet screen, before going to sleep affects your sleep as well as impacts your health. Here's how:
- It is harder to fall asleep - We feel sleepy when the brain releases a hormone called melatonin. This release is determined by the body's circadian rhythm which is controlled by light exposure. The blue light of a cell phone screen interferes with this rhythm and tells the brain not to secrete melatonin. This makes it harder to fall asleep even after you have switched off your phone.
- It hampers the quality of your sleep - A direct effect of sleeping late is a reduced amount of sleep. On top, that, using a cell phone before going to bed also hampers the quality of your sleep. When an office email or a text message is the last thing you see before going to sleep, your brain cannot completely shut off. This makes you tense even in your sleep.
- It lowers your attention span - When you wake up from a restless night's sleep, your productivity suffers. Not getting enough sleep is known to hamper your decision-making skills, impairs both long term and short term memory and make you distracted. This leads to unnecessary stress and anxiety.
- It increases the risk of weight gain - The body is more likely to feel hungry when you don't have enough sleep. This is because sleep-deprived people have a lower metabolism. Thus using a cell phone before sleeping also increases your chances of snacking on something unhealthy to get through the day and in turn you put on weight.
- It weakens your immune system - The body's immune system produces antibodies that fight infections while we are asleep. Depriving the body of the sleep it needs weakens the immune system by not giving it enough time to build its forces. Not only does this increase the risk of falling ill it also slows down recovery from illnesses.
- It damages your skin - Sleeping late at night and not getting enough sleep can cause dark circles, puffy eyes and fine lines across the face. The blue light of a cell phone screen also tells the body to secrete cortisol which makes the skin less elastic and smooth.
Thus, even if you look at a phone screen for just five minutes every night before going to bed, the side effects last much longer and affect your mental and physical health as well as your looks.
I heard about artificial insemination recommended for couple who can not have intercourse because of pain felt by female partner. So I just wanna ask about the success rate, expenditure n money involved in this procedure.
My wife age 26. During the time of menstruation, she always suffer from severe abdominal pain. Please suggest a perfect way so that she can overcome from this problem?
I have completed 14 weeks of pregnancy and my first combined test (First trimester test+ NT scan) looks fine. Doctor recommended next scan (Anomaly scan) on 19 weeks. Here my question is do I need to start any vitamin tablet now. Also can anyone tell me what are all other scan and medication I need to take for normal pregnancy and followed by natural delivery. Thanks, Tapaswini.
Hi I am a dentist age is 43. I am having vaginal discharge can you pls tell me the permanent solution.
Hello doc actually I wanted to ask you about pregnancy. Since so many months we trying for it but yet I dint get pregnant. So can you please suggest me something about it.
I am 1 month pregnant. So what have to do in this days. I know somehow that this is very risk period.
Hello. I skip my one period .I had devry 10 mg to get my periods. It's has been 5 days since I had 5 days tablet devry 10 I didnt had my periods.
Hello there I had sex on 9th july 2016 And my wife's period date is 13th date of every month Now she's missed her period ,she's pregnant? Its is possible ?
At times I discharge the white fluid from my vagina and its smelly. This ia bothering me and as I feel embarrassed to b in bed wid my hubby.
Sir/Madam, My girlfriends period was started 26th August & Finished 1st October. We make intercourse on 3rd October without protection, But this month her period till now not start. Which should be start on 26th October. Her period was come regular monthly cycle before this. What Should I do? Please answer me as soon as possible. I'm very tensed. Please advise me quickly. Today is 30th October.
Hi Doctor. I missed my periods, since it was on march 12th. But till now I didn't get. I had home pregnancy test on 19th march, 2016 and it was negative. What should I do. I started yoga from past 15 days and is that the reason behind my missed periods. I started using deviry 10mg tablets. Does these tablets avoid pregnancy? Thanks in advance.
Hi sir, Which is the most suit age for woman marriage and delivery? Have any problem in 18th or 17th delivery from woman health condition?
While the complaint of being born flat chested is faced by a number of women, there are a few women who have heavy breasts. Over the time, large breasts have been linked with a number of health problems, such as backaches, neck pain, numbness in the fingers and shortness of breath. Thus it is not only for cosmetic reasons that many women choose to undergo breast reduction surgery. This involves the removal of tissues and skin from the breasts to reduce the size of the breasts and reshape them. Breast reduction is a very safe procedure,however, just like any other surgery, there is always a risk and hence the question arises, 'how safe is breast reduction surgery'.
Since the procedure involves making incisions in the skin and removing tissues, most women feel pain in the breasts for the first few days post surgery. This later transforms into a mild discomfort before which completely goes away after a few days. Pain medication and anti inflammatory drugs can help ease the pain. Swelling and bruising in the area is also a common effect of the surgery and may last for about a month or two. The patients are usually advised to wear a surgical bra all the time as it help in giving proper support which in turn helps ease the pain and reduce swelling.
Scarring is one of the most common risks associated with this surgery. To remove the tissue, a surgeon has to make an incision under the breast. This incision is usually positioned in line with the natural curves and creases of a woman's body in order to conceal them. However, it always leaves behind a scar. Scarring varies from person to person and also depends on the type of incision made. Typically, scars fade over time but for some women, they may remain noticeable for many years.
Fortunately, in most cases, the incisions can be restricted to areas covered by a bra or bikini. Some women complain loss of sensation in the breasts or nipples after such a procedure, but mainly this is a temporary side effect and resolves within a few months of the surgery. Depending on the type of procedure, some women may also find it difficult to breastfeed after the surgery.
On its own, breast reduction surgery is a fairly safe procedure as long as it is performed by a certified plastic surgeon on a healthy patient. Therefore, it is important to do plenty of research and go for a best possible surgeon. So, do not let your fear of surgery keep you from making life more comfortable for yourself!