Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna PatilYour feedback matters!
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
If you want a healthier skin, hair and nails then consider adding 1 tbsp of flax seeds to your daily diet.
Are anti pregnant pill are harmful for our pregnancy in future or is it true that if we don't get pregnant in initial years of marriage we will get some problem in getting pregnant in future?
I had my last periods on 9 december 2016. Now im having my periods 2st jan 2017. Which is 8 days before my regular periods. On 31st december 2016 I had unprotected sex. Is that can be a pregnancy? But im feeling like regular periods same as that. Is there any possibility to be pregnant. Just 2 days. So help me out. Can I stop pregnancy from home remedies itself? Tell me if there any possibility and to stop being pregnant because we are not ready for that.
How to improve sex power and if I intercorse with anybody. It create effect my sex power or mantility.
I am 24 years old. Had a sex intercourse on Dec 9 and got my periods as usual on 21st and lasted for 5 days. But the next month jan, got my periods earlier but only little amount by Jan 11. But in feb, didn't get my periods yet. Is there any pblm? Pls let me know.
What are the reasons for pain near belly button. And also slightly bigger lower abdomen and stomach. All the 8 hpt with the help of preganews came negative. And also 2 beta hcg test were taken from 42 & 63 days after the unprotected sex incident. Also the unprotected sex took place on the 5th day of period. The cycle has always, been regular for past 6 months. Its always 26-33 days. The incident took place in november 2015. And after 18 hrs an I pill was also taken as a precaution. Got bleeding for 2 days after 6 days of I pill intake. Got a normal period in december and january for 4 days. Within 30-33 day gap. But in february had period on the 29th day cycle. But only for 1 day. After that only spotting for 2 days. On 73 days from the november incident a transabdomen ultrasound was taken which showed uterus is anteverted. Empty and measures 8.9cm*4.7cm*3.6cm. So can it be pregnancy or it is something else. Also I do not want to get. Pregnant now. please help me.
Galactorrhea is not a disease per se, but more of an underlying medical condition or a symptom that involves discharge of a milky fluid from the nipples, which is not the breast milk. It becomes especially crucial owing to the similarity of the two, when breastfeeding the baby is concerned. It may happen even while you are not lactating or not even pregnant, mostly in menopausal women. Strangely, the syndrome has also shown to have occurred to men and children, irrespective of gender.
What are the contributing factors to the development of Galactorrhea?
- Galactorrhea is a major side effect of certain kinds of medication that leads to hormonal imbalance and ultimately leads to quasi-lactation.
- Increase in the levels of prolactin can result in Galactorrhea which may be due to a number of reasons ranging from excessive stimulation in the nipples and chest area (during sexual activities), or pituitary and thyroid problems. The former is not a major cause of worry. The latter can be fixed with proper medication.
- Kidney disease and spinal cord surgery may also result in this phenomenon.
- Substance abuse and birth control pills may also be responsible for breast discharge.
- At times, the causes for Galactorrhea may not be certifiably determined.
Various symptoms of Galactorrhea include:
- Milky discharge from one or both breasts simultaneously.
- Discharge may be continuous or intermittent.
- Density and amount of discharge may also vary.
- In case of women, this may have a direct effect on periods, leading to irregular menstruation.
- The discharge may occur without pressure or when an external agency is involved.
- Headaches and worsening vision are also said to occur.
When you experience a nipular discharge, the most common tests you should undergo include a pregnancy test, prolactin level exam, mammography, ultrasounds, even an MRI for the pituitary gland evaluation. Based on the result, your physician prescribes the required medicines or advises you to stop taking a particular medicine that might be causing this discharge in the first place.