Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna Nitin PrabuYour feedback matters!
I have polycystic ovarian cyst in uterus. So my menstruation cycle is once in 2 or 3 months. What treatment should I do?
Hi sir will a women get pregnant by doing oral sex? If I cum on my wife" s mouth will she get pregnant or not? Is there any way to get pregnant with out doing hard sex.
Protein is the key for muscle building; this will help you gain weight. Help yourself to nuts and dairy products.
Hello, I have to ask that my friend married is 7 months now she is 5 month pregnant but my marriage is 14 months and I am trying from 3 months but my wife is not pregnant. Please advise.
I am 23 year female I have problem of irregular periods normally my periods delayed time is 7 to 10 days but in present it delayed by 2 months and I have done pregnancy test with the help of prega news for two time and the result is negative I have taken many homeopathic medicine but I am not getting my periods and I have also taken the meprate 10 mg for 4 days once for a day Still I am nt getting my periods please Dr. help me I am very very tensioned please tell me the reason and what I should do? Please Dr. help me.
I am not getting my periods regularly due to pcod. I have already used tablets course for 6 months but there is no change. What should I do? Please help me.
Sir, my wife urenus and overis is remove last year, she is 41 year old. She have surgical dryness our doctor is suggest us use premarin creame. But I am find on net some side effect of this creame like breast problem or cancer. Can I use this creame. Can I again start our married life. If any other solution please tell me. How to use this cream.
I miss my periods. I take morning pill on 14 april then I have light bleeding on 21 april. Last time my period on 3 april and I also do home urine test it shows negative but my periods still not come.
I have unwanted hair growth on my face. I have cysts in my ovary and high hormonal range of s. Testosterone and d. H.E.A.S.I had taken 12 - 15 sittings of diod laser. And taking diane 35, fincar 5 mg from many time. Till now there is no result. It is too frustrating. Will you please help me to know is there any permanent treatment for this?
Hi Doctor, I would like to know few doubts related to my wifes health. Its now about 6 months after our manage. marriage happened on Aug 2015. Later after some time it was found that my wife have PCOD and she started taking tablet for 3 months. In 3 months period got regular and as per advise from doctor the medicine was stopped. After that from Jan 2015 we are trying for Kid and till now no success. Recently about 3 weeks back she started showing many symptoms like vomiting tendency, black out in front of eyes, getting tired soon and we consulted doctor. Doctor advised it was because of anemia and gave few iron tablets. Routine using, blood and thyroid test happened. No pregnancy test was advised or done by doctor. For our satisfaction we used pregnancy kit and it has not shown any positive results till today. Now she is having vomiting tendency early morning and at times she tells she have sour/sweet taste in mouth and skips away food. Now, its already time for next period, Her period date should happen between 10th - 15th of month. For this month Feb period did not happen. Last period there was more bleeding one one day alone. Last period happened on Jan 10. Now its Feb 25 and period did not happen yet. Today morning we did pregnancy test and kit showed negative. My doubts are: a) Is she still having PCOD? B) IS this anemia? C) Is the kit showing wrong result. Should we confirm pregnancy through blood test or something? D) She is very much slim, will the PCOD cause problem for her in pregnancy?
Outbreaks of zika virus infection, caused by an emerging mosquito-borne flavivirus, have occurred in Africa, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific Islands; currently, there is an ongoing zika virus outbreak in the Americas. Zika virus is transmitted to humans via the bite of an infected aedes mosquito. This type of mosquito usually bites during the daytime and breeds in standing water.
The lungs are made of tubes through, which air passes in and out for exchange of gases, taking in alveoli. It is a disease of alveoli to which finer air conducting tubes are attached. Over a period of time, with age and exposure to various agents, these tubules get obstructed. The amount of air that can pass through these is reduced, leading to reduced oxygen supply to the lungs and thereby the various body organs.
The symptoms of COPD can be easily understood if we realize how COPD is caused. The progressive blockage of the air tubes causes less oxygen to reach the tissues, which is the most essential agent for all tissues and organs to function. Reduced supply produces a generalized limitation in physical activity. There are two main components to COPD - chronic bronchitis and emphysema. The symptoms indicative of COPD are as follows:
- Chronic cough: Also referred to as smoker's cough, the cough is relentless and does not subside with regular cough treatment. This is one of the first indications of COPD.
- Mucus buildup: There is constant buildup of mucus which gets expelled during coughing. The person never feels completely clear of mucus, and the regular cough expectorants do not help relieve the symptoms.
- Fatigue associated with limited activity: As noted earlier, the reduced capacity of the organs limits their activities. Therefore, regular activities like walking short distances or climbing stairs can induce fatigue.
- Shortness of breath: The above fatigue is associated with shortness of breath, even with small physical exertion. A person with COPD will see marked tiredness and reduced ability to perform routine chores and feel a tightness in the chest.
- Wheezing: Passage of air through the obstructed air tubes produces a whistling sound or wheezing. It is more pronounced when there is mucus accumulation in the airways.
Rarely, Frequent respiratory infections, more frequent flu attacks, swelling of the feet and ankles, cardiovascular disease, weight loss, and morning headaches.
While there is no cure for COPD, once it sets, the following are some ways to slow its progression and reduce severity of the symptoms:
- Bronchodilators: Dilate the air tubes and ease flow of air
- Corticosteroids: Help reduce inflammation and thereby improve airflow through the tubes
- Flu vaccination: Helps curb the frequent flu attacks
- Antibiotics: To contain infections
- Pulmonary rehabilitation: A combination of breathing exercise and patient education to improve lung function.
- Oxygen therapy: In very severe cases, oxygen may be required.
- Lifestyle changes: Eating healthy foods, preventing exposure to dust and smoke, quitting smoking, breathing exercises, bi-annual medical check-ups to monitor lung functions are essential.
Knowing that you have COPD is the first step towards managing COPD, which can be managed effectively.