Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna Nitin PrabuYour feedback matters!
When the delivery of a baby has to happen through a surgical process rather than normal child birth, the procedure is known as a Caesarean Section or a C-section. There are many reasons why one many need to go through this surgical procedure including complications during pregnancy and childbirth. One can also plan for a C-section beforehand by talking it through with a doctor who will recommend the same in case there are any complications and risks at play during the pregnancy. Read on to know more about the procedure.
Reasons: There are many reasons why a doctor may want to go in for a C-section. If the labour is not progressing properly, then a C-section may be required in order to extract the baby. This procedure may also be used in case the baby is not getting proper amount of oxygen which can put it in distress and lead to changes in the heartbeat. Also, if the baby is in an abnormal position like a breech position, then a C-section may be required. This procedure is also used when a woman is carrying twins or triplets. Other health concerns like high blood pressure and genital herpes or even HIV can lead to this procedure. Any mechanical obstruction like fibroids in the birth canal can also cause the doctor to resort to a C-section, while a patient who has delivered via C-section earlier may also be asked to do the same again.
Risks and complications: One has to remember that a C-section takes longer to recover from than normal childbirth and delivery would. Also, it does pose a few risks and complications that may arise during and after the procedure.
- Breathing issues: The babies who are born via C-section are more susceptible to a condition known transient tachypnea which is a breathing problem characterised by an abnormally fast rate of breathing in and out. Also, other respiratory distress syndromes may take over subsequently.
- Surgical injuries: The doctor may accidentally nick the baby’s skin during the surgical process which involves the use of sharp instruments for making the incision.
- Inflammation risk: The uterus may undergo inflammation which may also lead to endometriosis as well as infections of the membrane which can cause fever and foul smelling vaginal discharge. The wound may also get infected.
- Bleeding: While some amount of bleeding is normal, this procedure can also lead to excessive bleeding in which case immediate medical intervention may be required. Also, the patient may suffer from blood clots inside the veins of the pelvic organs. These clots may also travel to the lungs and cause further complications.
Left ovary has an anechoic cyst measuring 27×30 mm in size. What will be the cause and treatment for this.
Do You Know that Vapour Rubs or Balms can Help Relieve Mosquito Bites?
You’d be surprised to know that in addition to curing common colds and congestions, over-the-counter vapour rubs can provide relief from the discomfort caused by insect bites, especially those from mosquitoes.
How do vapour rubs relieve mosquito bites?
Most of the over-the-counter decongestants available in the market have camphor, eucalyptol, and common menthol as their key ingredients, which are known to be active remedies for relieving itchiness experienced due to insect bites. Additionally, most of these vapour rubs have a strong odour, which is also known to repel mosquitoes, thereby preventing bites.
How to apply a vapour rub to treat mosquito bites?
To get relief from an itchy mosquito or insect bite you need to first wash your hands properly, and then clean the portion of the skin surrounding the bite and dry it. Then use the tip of your finger or a small piece of cotton to apply a small amount of the vapour rub on the affected area. Ensure that the skin completely absorbs the ointment by rubbing it slowly over the bite. This process provides you with instant relief. If the itchiness persists, you can apply the vapour rub again as and when needed.
Precautions to be taken
Like other medications meant for external use, you should abide by the instructions mentioned on the label of the vapour rub and pay heed to any warning signs. Moreover, if the application of the ointment results in irritation or reddening of your skin, immediately stop using it and look for another way to get relief from mosquito bites.
My wife aged 49 years (under menopause) suffering with urticaria (skin allergy) for the last 12 years so far taken allegra 180 1bd stemin fort 1bd. During course of stemin she is alright but after stopped stemin again suffering with severe skin rashes and itching. Would you kindly suggest suitable remedy and medicines as recently she got diabetes and hypertension.
I had sex unprotected sex on my first day of menstruation and its stopped coming. What can I use to make it come?
Doctor I have been diagnosed with mild pcos Two months ago. We are trying for a baby since one year but all in vain. My doctor prescribed me normoz and fol123. I have no idea about whether I am ovulating or not. I have gone through follicular study also but that says egg is not rupturing good but the quantity of eggs are far better. I am a hypothyroidism patient too but the results are now normal. Gone through hsg also and it was normal. Please tell when will I get pregnant. I am getting down every month after hoping for gud news and sometimes volume of the blood is high and some months it os low.
I can't sleep properly from last 3 days. I feel weakness in my head and body. I am just restless. I am 5th month pregnant.
I am 36 years old I had one daughter 3 years old. I need some good suggestions for safe Sex with my wife and also we are planing for Family Planning. So kindly give good suggestions. My wife having improper periods every month 2 or 3 days getting delay for this also I need good tips for regular periods.
I have antiverted and antiflexed uterus. Size bulky. Endometrial-echo-complex is distortrd and illdefined and measured 4-5 mmin thinkness. Ahypoechoic mass with low level echoos, measuring approx. 36mmx31 mm is size inthe anteror wall of uterus. Overies (both) are normal size and echotexture. I am 64 years old women please Suggest what I should do.
I am 24 years male. I did sex with my gf before 1.5/2 month. She is pregnant now. We want abortion by medicine abortion. please suggest any way what to do or what should we do now.
There can be a number of reasons that lead to infertility in women. Endometriosis is one of them. It is a benign condition where the endometrium, which includes the tissues that form the lining inside the uterus, grows outside the uterus. Apart from infertility, it may also cause pelvic pain in women.
There are no such symptoms of endometriosis apart from pelvic pain and it cannot be detected without surgery. Thus, it is very difficult to diagnose this disease and state how common it is. However, research says that the prevalence of this disease in women in their reproductive age is between 3 to 10 per cent.
It is found that endometriosis sometimes leads to infertility. Here is how:
- Abdominal Adhesions and Infertility: Normally, the endometriosis implants develop in the abdomen. Then the body surrounds them with connective tissues. The reason for doing so is isolating the implants, so that they cannot harm your body. Now, sometimes these adhesions can create a blockage in the opening of the fallopian tube or may also pinch off the fallopian tube. This will result in obstruction in the fertilisation of egg and the sperm and thus fertilization will not take place; so there are no chances of conceiving. These obstructions when diagnosed can be treated with surgery.
- Secretions from Implants: Endometrium plays a vital role in conception where the tissues secrete a wide variety of hormones and nutrients. Now, the endometrial implant also functions in the same way and secretes those hormones. The difference is that it does not deposit them in the lumen of the womb, and it is released in the abdominal cavity. In these substances, there may be some hormones that are responsible for infertility.
- Prostaglandins: Prostaglandins are other hormones that are secreted by the endometrium normally. It helps in a lot of body processes that include various stages of menstrual cycle and pregnancy. This hormone is required for a lot of functions such as ovulation, sperm mobility, and regression of corpus luteum, immune interaction, menstrual cramps and contraction of the uterus at birth.
Just like the endometrium, the implants also secrete these hormones. And, the problem that is caused by the implant secreted prostaglandin hormone is that they are released in the abdomen and not in the womb. Moreover, they are not secreted at the right time, thus sending a wrong message to the brain.
A woman with a few days of pregnancy may face a miscarriage because the ovary will get a signal to start the menstrual cycle, and the womb lining where the egg is implanted will be expelled.
While having sex for the first time, the condom broke in the beginning. He didn't even insert half into me when he exploded. Now I took ipill within 9 hrs of us having sex. My periods come on 1st of every month generally but last month's periods (before sex) came little early on 26thAug. Then we had sex on 4th Sept. Anything to worry about? Do I need to take any further precautions? When can my next periods come?
Me apni gf ke sath sex kiya hu or me excited me hormone bahar nhe nikal paya or me 24 hours ke between usko unwanted 72 ka tablet diya or 2 din v ho gaya bt usko avi tak blooding nhe hua or uska period ka date 5 tarik ko tha or me uske sath 14 tarik ko sex kiya tha or 15 ko tablet diya hu.
I am 34 year female with past record of pcod. Now after ultrasound I have found that my endometrial thickness is 12 mm. Doctor suggested dns. What should I do?
I am 24 year, female. I experience frequent irritations in my vagina. Mostly it turns out to be fungal infection. I clean my self regularly with wash twice daily even. Why m I prone to this particular infection?
I am 46 years female and I have few problems with my monthly periods. Sometimes the bleeding is heavy for few days and later and then with little flow it goes on till 10 to 12 days and before my periods by breast becomes hard pls advice.
For pregnancy for me belly occurred. How can reduce my belly ad be fit. Pls can you suggest me the reply.
How to exercise during your period
The question of whether or not a woman should work out or not when it is the time of the month is one that has been much talked about. Fluctuations in hormone levels that take place during the monthly cycle have a tremendous impact on the level of energy, stamina and the body's response to exercise. The likelihood of getting injured is also different during periods.
Exercising during your period has many positive impacts on the body. Each woman's ability to work out and her response to it are different and hence the workout routine you must adhere to can vary from person to person.
What are the benefits of working out during periods?
- exercising during periods can be effective in alleviating the symptoms that accompany your period at the time such as stress and anxiety.
- loss of body fluids through sweating while doing exercises significantly reduces bloating in the belly.
- exercising can also ensure that there is less cramping and heavy flow during periods.
- endorphins released during exercise functions as a natural painkiller for period pains.
What are the best ways of working out during periods?
Depending upon how your body responds to periods, suitable workout routines can vary from high-intensity training (hit) like running, cycling and heavy lifting to low intensity training (lit) like brisk walking and step aerobics.
Most women opt for light exercises during the first few days of the cycle and then gradually increase intensity, which is advisable for those who are not in the habit of regularly working out. Athletes and sportswomen who train all around the year take to high-intensity workouts that focus on core strengthening and cardio boost.
What exercises should be avoided during periods?
The only kind of workout that should be avoided during this time is yoga that involves any 'inverted pose' that requires a woman to perform partial or complete headstands. These poses negatively impact blood flow and can cause painful heavy bleeding.
Apart from that, when it comes to exercising during periods, the guideline is simple - if you can handle it, you should go ahead and do it.
Related Tip: Why Do Some Girls Have Extremely Painful Periods?
Taking a large no. of medications often leads to a dry mouth. Increase your fluid intake or ask your dentist about an artificial saliva product or chew sugarless gum after a meal to keep your mouth moist.