Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Bariatricians in India. You will find Bariatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Bariatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
While it is common news that alcohol consumption leads to weight gain, recent studies have made a startling discovery, wherein long term moderate drinkers have shown symptoms of maintaining an optimal weight, even losing excess fat more than those who abstain from drinking at all. While harder alcoholic drinks are more likely to affect the liver and hence the level of fat in the body, weight gain because of alcohol is also dependent on a number of other factors like how often you drink or how much you drink in one session. This is compounded by each individual's capability to metabolize the alcohol, or work it off.
It is important to know how many calories your drink accounts for:
- Tequila, whiskey, rum and their other variations have more or less the same amount of calories.
- Beer constitutes a little more calorific value than those mentioned above, while wine and champagne have the least amount of calories among proper alcoholic drinks. This is why wine should be the preferred drink for those more susceptible to weight gain.
- Cocktails like margaritas or pina coladas have at least four times the number of calories than unmixed drinks. So, one must proceed with caution while ordering endless free cocktails at a party.
- If cocktails are your thing, opt for a Bloody Mary, it has lesser calories. People more prone to consume a high calorie diet on a regular basis, or are already overweight, tend to put on more weight even after moderate alcohol consumption.]
- Also remember that drinking small amounts frequently leads to weight loss rather than the misconception of drinking copious amounts at long intervals.
- Doctors even prescribe a daily glass of wine with and after dinner nowadays. Studies stipulated the optimal number of drinks per week to four, maximum five.
- One drink per day in case of women, and two for men is a good regimen to get you started with losing weight through alcohol consumption.
- You must also be careful about the food you accompany your drinks with; make sure their high calorie value does not unsettle the entire process.
My body weight is 85kg and I am 18 old my height is 183 cm. I have a question is my weight perfect for me or not.
Hello, I am 30 years old female. My present body weight is 73 kg & height is 156 cm. Please help me by suggesting weight loss diet chart.
Hi my mother is suffering with thyroid from past few months. She gaining weight because of thyroid. Please tel me what food should she take to loss weight. And she is taking treatment for thyroid.
I am 46 years old lady. I want to lose my weight. Does green tea help in it. Generally I take one cup coffee without sugar in morning. One cup green tea in afternoon and lemon tea in evening. One glass milk in early morning and one normal tea with ginger or ilaychi in night. I don't have diabetes.
I am a 20 year old going weighing 65 kgs and 5" tall. Please suggest me a good diet to loose weight.
For e. G I have a desk job and in the last 2yers my weight has gone up 75 kgs to 85 kgs want to weight lost please help.
How can I loose my belly fat. Even I go for walk daily early morning. Ang also go to gym. Still can't loose my fat.
1. Obesity is a growing health concern. Usually losing weight seems to be a mammoth task, but does not have to be.
2. The beauty of this weight loss tip is in the simplicity. Just drinking a pint of water, three times a day, before your main meals may help reduce your weight.
3. It is well established that water is essential for our health. It rids toxins from the body, transports nutrients and oxygen to cells, lubricates joints, regulates body temperature and protects the body's organs and tissues, among other functions.
4. Some studies have earlier reported that drinking water before a mental task can boost brain performance.
5. Drinking water increases your metabolic rate temporarily and it makes you feel fuller so you then eat less at mealtimes.
6. However there are some groups of patients, such as those with heart or kidney failure, for whom consuming a pint of water before mealtimes may not be appropriate.