Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I got my tooth (premolar in lower jaw) extracted 3 days ago. I still face the extreme pain from jawline to ears. It is unbearable and seems my ear is about to dead. Somebody would have entered so deep in ears. So to avoid that, I am continuously taking pain killer like Ketra2 Nd moxo even though doctor advised me two take two times only till two days. But I have taken almost for 3 times for 3 days. Still after 3 days, I can feel the extreme pain as the effect of tablet finishes. frequency consumption of tablets has caused allergy might be. I have two small ulcer in my lips. Please advise how long this pain will last. And any method to cure this at earliest. Thanks.
I have my teeth weakening day by day even after brushing well regularly. When I spit my saliva consists of blood mixed in it coming out from my gums. I am unable to chew food. What measures are to be taken? Even my teeth has turned yellow. Should I go with laser treatment to whiten them? What else should I do? Please help me out.
My teeth are not so clean. They are getting dark. I do clean them twice a day but not any progress. What should I do?
Hello I am feeling awkward as three of my front teeths downside is becoming black. kindly tell me the remedy.
I am 22 years, working in MNC in rotational shifts sometimes in night shifts also. I am facing mouth ulcer issue every month. Any particular reason can be behind it? What can you suggest as best practice to avoid mouth ulcer.
Sir I suffer teeth problem. My teeth hole n I am pain n sensitivity problem I am filling one tym wat can I do suggest me.
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.