Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anushree N RenusheYour feedback matters!
My son 8 years old when ever he urinate I observed a little foam is it normal and he very often get sick he is very weak.
My eldest daughter lifted my newborn (one month old) and her head hit the ceiling fan (it was on). There are no bumps on my baby's head and the hit wasn't that strong. Will this affect her as she grows up?
My son is 5 months and 15 days old .His weight is 5 kgs and 516 grams. He is not taking adequate breast feeding. What will I do to increase his feeding? Has he got Adequate weight now? What type of food will I give him? Please tell me elaborately. What should I do Sir? Please tell me.
With the growing popularity of energy drinks among children, should I be concerned about my child consuming energy drinks?
Hi, my baby is 2 month 23 days old. His birth wt. Was 2.6 kg and currently he is 5 kgs. I have following queries 1. My kid has recently started eating his hand and sucking his thumb. Is it normal? Shall I stop him from doing so? 2.he is normally breast fed. But sometimes I need to go out. What formula can I give him and in how much quantity? 3. He feeds after 3 or 4 hours is it normal? Sometimes he sleeps for 6 hours at night. Alsohe does not burps during night feedings? Is it fine?
My son is 2years and 10 months now. He does not take food properly, his intake is very very low. Often he tries to vomit and gets vomiting sensation. For ex: he asks for banana and if we feed him the same, sometimes he eats fully and sometimes he tries to vomit. Also once in 4 or five months he gets vomiting and stomach upset issue. We beg for your kind advice. I am writting this with tears. Please advice. Thanks a lot.
Hiii my baby will complete his 5 months soon. Can I start solid food when he will turn 5 months. Till now he is only on breastfeed. His birth weight was 3.35 kg and now his weight is 6.7 kg.
I am having a baby boy six months 22 days old he is having a PDA size 3mm and having shrinkage in one of his bicuspid valve in heart. Is there possibility that PDA can be filled on its own. Kindly suggest what is required to be done.
My baby is 4 months old, her stool is of green colour for the last ten days, she is having mothers milk and some powder milk also in her feed. Is this serious?
My younger son completed 2. 5 years and still not able to speak. Kindly advice for further action. Some times he not listing the our sound also.
My daughter is 6 years old now but her weight is 13 kgs only. From her 1 years to till now weight is constant. She is healthy no medical illness. How will she gain weight and is there any reason behind it?
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.