Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Hi. I'm 8 do and have continuous positive opk from day 11 of my cycle. I have regular periods with 29 days cycle and actively trying for a baby. Can you pls tell me why these continuous positive opk?
Hi Dr. I am 8 weeks 5 days pregnant. I just to know without any scan or consulting a Dr. How would I able to know that my pregnancy Is going normal. please help out. please specify that symptoms according to the number of week pregnancy.
I had sex last night with ma wife after two month 4 days of baby delivery (delivery date is 6 feb 2016), I am afraid that is there any chance to get pregnant, because I dont know it was safe day or unsafe and bleeding cycle stopped on 16 to 18th march 2016, please help me.
Can I use I pill as a contraceptive pill for often unprotected sex, if not pls tell me the regular contraceptive pill name, which is freely available in market.
I don't have regular menstruation cycle from last month. My period usually last for 3-4 days but last time it was late and appeared only for one and a half day. Since it was late and I had some family program so I tried to stimulate it with some home remedies like taking bath in mustard oil & taking vitamin C pills consisted of ascorbic acid. This time also. My periods are late and bleeding is very less. Please suggest me some good syrup or medicines to regulate menstruation cycle.
(giloy, glo, guduchi)
Giloy satva or guduchi satva
It is a very common and economic but wonderful ayurvedic medicine, often neglected by well -to-do people because of mere low cost of the medicine.
It is obtained by extracting starchy content of indian tinospora plant by soaking in water for six to eight hrs, macerated and allowing starchy content to settle down and collected.
This powder has immense curing capabilities. People spend thousands of rupees by way of lab tests, antibiotics when pyrexia of unknown origin (puo) can't be treated. Similarly anaemia, jaundice, hyperacidity, polythrist etc are often take long time to recover. It is here that this wonderful gift of nature is very useful. It is a very fine immunity booster.
Nasal bleeding, menorrhagia, rectal bleeding, burning feet and hands can be cured very well with it as also it is useful in pthisis, emaciation and also lowers blood glucose levels.
Giloy satva when combined with chirayata satva (swertia chirata plant) cures toughest of fevers.
Both of above can be given independently or combined. By giving these with water boiled with holy basil leaves (tulasi) make it manifold effective.
Giloy satva - 1/2 gm to 1 gm
Chirayata satva - 1gm to 2 gm
There are many more uses of such simple things. Patients' attendants need little patience. These are non synthesised and non toxic naturals. Hence little slow. Can be given with any other medicine also. These do not counteract.
People should plant giloy and tulasi at common places in this rainy season so that everyone can benefit when needed. Can be grown in pots also.
Painful or difficult intercourse is either caused by psychological or medical factors, such as dyspareunia. It is commonly known as painful intercourse due to various reasons and persistant pain in the pelvis region is a sign of it.
What an cause dyspareunia?
The causes of dyspareunia can vary, depending on when the pain occurs; during deep thrusting or penetration. Sometimes, emotional factors contribute to the cause as well.
1. Entry pain
Pain during penetration may be caused by the following factors:
- Insufficient lubrication: Inadequate foreplay can result in insufficient lubrication. Breast-feeding, menopause or childbirth can also cause inadequate lubrication.
- Irritation, trauma or injury: This includes irritation or injury from pelvic surgery, an accident, female circumcision or episiotomy (incision made at the time of childbirth to expand the birth canal).
- Skin disorder, infection or inflammation: Infections in the urinary tract or genital organs can result in painful intercourse. Skin problems such as eczema can also add to dyspareunia.
- Vaginismus: Uncontrollable vaginal wall muscle spasms can make penetration extremely painful.
- Congenital abnormality: Problems during birth, such as lack of a fully-developed vagina or underdevelopment of the hymen are some underlying causes.
2. Deep pain
Deep thrusting can be attributed to the following causes:
- Certain conditions and illnesses: These include ovarian cysts, haemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, cystitis, uterine fibroids (benign growths in the uterus), retroverted uterus (uterus that is tilted), uterine prolapse (a condition characterized by the uterus sagging from its usual position), pelvic inflammatory disease and endometriosis (uterus lining tissues growing outside one’s uterus).
- Medical treatment or surgeries: Medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation or surgeries like hysterectomy (a surgical technique to remove either a part or whole of the womb) can result in dyspareunia.
3. Emotional factors
- Psychological problems: Depression, anxiety, body image issues, relationship problems or intimacy fears can affect arousal and result in pain.
- Stress: Pelvic floor muscles are affected by stress. This contributes to pain during sex.
- Past sexual abuse: Dyspareunia commonly develops in women who have been abused in the past.
The symptoms of painful intercourse include:
1. Pain only during entry (Sexual penetration)
2. Any penetrative activity is painful; even inserting a tampon becomes painful
3. Sudden sensation of pain, especially if sex before was painless
4. Deep pain while thrusting
5. Aching or burning pain
6. Throbbing pain, persisting hours after sex
I would like ask one thing that my wife is pregnant now and I would like to do sex with her and even she also asking me to do that so is it safe to baby if am doing this with wife.
I take unwanted kit before 20. Days because I has pregnant of one month but after 20 days bleeding not stop n smell coming inside so dirty what to do now for stop bleeding please suggest.
Hi Doc, I am 25years and I suspected I might be pregnant so as a home remedy I had ripped papaya along with 10-12 seeds. Now I have a brown discharge. I thought it was old blood. But it doesn't smell anything. And I am not getting any periods. Just on wiping the brown discharge. Please suggest. I am not in a situation to take any lab test or consult a doctor.
Please help. My last periods was on 4th July. I had unprotected sex on15 July. Took Ipill next day evening.(16th July). I washed my private part after intercourse as not sure if my partner ejaculated in vagina. Please help. Any medicines to abort incase I get Pregnant? When can I expect my next periods?
Drink a glass of milk with your meals, rather than a glass of water. If you eat cereal in breakfast, try adding a sliced up banana with it.
Children who are exposed to household pesticides have an increased risk of developing certain childhood cancers and 47 percent greater risk of developing childhood leukaemia and are 43 percent more likely to be diagnosed with childhood lymphoma
Herbicide exposure also increased the risk of leukaemia preventive measures should be considered to reduce children's exposure to pesticides at home
Me and my girlfriend had sex and used pull-out method. But while ejecting some fell near her vagina. So she took Ipill within 72 hrs. Her first period came in 7 days which was very light and second period was delayed for 6 days. Now she's is in exact middle of the cycle and she's having pain the middle of lower abdomen. What will the reason for this? Is there a possibility that she is pregnant?
For some instant relief in neck pain, try gently stretching your neck in whichever direction the pain allows.