Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnuragYour feedback matters!
I am 29 week pregnant just got diagnosed to diabetes, is it save for baby growth n should I avoid eating sweets. Please just food to be taken in or avoided during pregnancy with diabetes. Regards Rashmi.
I'm a lactating mother of a 14 months baby, from last 2 months I'm feeling weak after feeding. Below are effects, 1. Nausea, 2. giddiness. 3. Body pains. 4. Leg cramps. I consulted a doctor, and she prescribe me the below tablets. 1. ACENAC-MR. 2. Delbi 200DT. 3. REPRA D. 4. WELL WOMEN. 5. feel-XT. 6. Calcimax. 7. cyanocobalamin and DHA capsules. 8. Betahistol-16 mg. I'd like know taking all the above tablets at a time is preferable or not, and few good diet tips while feeding may baby. Note: I'm not pregnant. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks, Arshiya.
Generally identified as a rare and uncommon phenomenon, vaginal cancer most often occurs in the cells present in the outer lining of the vagina, also called the birth canal. Although primary vaginal cancer is rare and unusual, there are various other types of vaginal cancer that originate elsewhere in the body, but have spread over to your vagina.
Depending upon the nature of origin, vaginal cancer can be divided into the following types:
- Vaginal adenocarcinoma, beginning in the glandular cells on the surface of your vagina
- Vaginal sarcoma, developing in the connective tissue cells and multiple cells lining the walls of your vagina
- Vaginal squamous cell carcinoma, originates in the squamous cells lining the surface of the bacteria
- Vaginal melanoma, developing in melanocytes, the pigment producing cells in your vagina
Symptoms: As vaginal cancer progresses from one stage to the next, you may experience any one of the following signs and symptoms:
- Diluted, watery vaginal discharge
- Painful urination
- Odd cases vaginal bleeding, for instance, after menopause or after intercourse
- Formation of lumps in your vagina
- Frequent and regular urination
- Pelvic pain
Causes: Normally, cancer develops when healthy cells undergo genetic mutations, subsequently leading to the uncontrollable growth of abnormal cells. Cancer cells are known to break off from pre-existing tumors and can easily spread everywhere, in what is referred to as metastasize.
Beyond the natural process of development, here are a few factors, which may further contribute to the growth of cancerous cells:
- Increasing age
- Vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia
- Exposure o miscarriage prevention drugs
Related Tip: "5 Unconventional Questions About Vaginal Health"
Hello so I have a really weird question but like. Almost two weeks ago me and my boyfriend fingered each other, I made him. Pop' as we say or cum but it did not touch my hands well at least I do not think it did but he went to clean it up and washed his hands but when I went back to check my vagina (it was like after 5 mim) I don't remember if I! Washed my hands and I touched myself really quick. Is there a way of me maybe getting pregnant? Please help im really scared and nervous and my stomach is bloated and my period ended 3-4 days after we did it.
Consuming vegetables in the form of juices will help in taking in more vegetables than what a normal person can eat.
These juices will help in improving the digestive system by providing a soothing and healing effect.
As these juices have high levels of dietary fiber, they will aid in weight loss.
It will help in controlling your hunger pangs and will make you feel fuller.
It is loaded with vitamins, minerals, fibers and antioxidants. This will help in improving your immune system.
These juices will help in improving the pH levels of your body and thereby will help in boosting the energy levels of your body.
These juices will help in controlling cholesterol as it does not have any saturated fats or sodium in it.
Drinking vegetable juices three times a day is said to lessen the chance of a person to develop Alzheimer’s disease.
With the advent of refined laparoscopic instruments, it is possible to treat numerous operable gynaecological conditions. With laparoscopic access, we can operate even more complicated cases like severe endometriosis endometriosis, cancers etc. The common diseases which can be treated with laparoscopic surgery are following :
- Bleeding from Vagina: An abnormal form of bleeding from vagina is medically defined as “AUB / DUB (Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding)”. The bleeding problem which is not responding to medicinal treatment can be dealt with Laparoscopy. Abnormal / Dysfunctional Uterine bleeding is due to abnormality in endometrium of uterus which usually responds to medicinal treatment. In cases where medicine is not able to control the symptoms, uterus, along with both fallopian tubes +/- ovaries, can be removed laparoscopically. In another treatment modality, the endometrium (inside lining of uterine cavity) can be ablated to reduce the troublesome bleeding. Latter procedure is done hysteroscopically.
- Fibroid Uterus: Fibroids are commonly found in uterus. Most of the time they are diagnosed on ultrasound ultrasound. Fibroids can cause problem in the form of abnormal bleeding (heavy menstrual flow, irregular menstrual bleeding pattern), painful periods (dysmenorrhea), recurrent miscarriage miscarriage / abortion abortion, infertility infertility etc. Uterine fibroids usually need surgical removal and can be removed laparoscopically as well as hysteroscopically. Any size of the fibroid can be removed with laparoscopic approach.
- Ovarian Cysts: Ovarian cysts are also common finding on ultrasound. Ovarian cysts which persist for longer times, suspicious of cancer cancer, symptomatic (e.g pain pain abdomen) can be removed laparoscopically.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis can present as ovarian endometrioma (Ovarian cyst or chocolate cyst), endometriosis implants implants in pelvis, Adhesions in pelvis (involving uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries, intestinal loops, rectum etc) or as cause of infertility. All these entities can be treated laparoscopically.
- Uterus Prolapse / Vault Prolapse / Pelvic Organ Prolapse: Uterus prolapse into vagina, vaginal vault prolapsing into vagina after hysterectomy hysterectomy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery.
- Uterine cancer, Uterine cervix cancer: Cancers of uterus, uterine cervix, ovarian cancers after chemotherapy chemotherapy can be treated with laparoscopic surgery in which tumorous tissue can be removed with more precision.
- Ectopic pregnancy: Extra uterine pregnancy pregnancy e.g. pregnancy in fallopian tube (tubal pregnancy), pregnancy in ovaries (ovarian pregnancy), pregnancy in cervix (cervical pregnancy) can be treated with laparoscopic approach, as per the indications.
- Ovarian Torsion: Due to numerous factors, ovarian tissue twists around its own axis which leads to compromise in its blood supply ultimately leading to infarction of ovarian tissue. Laparoscopically ovaries can be untwisted and fixed to prevent further twisting.
- Recurrent Miscarriage with incompetent cervix: With the incompetent cervix, there are chances of recurrent miscarriage. Few cases of incompetent cervix need cerclage from abdomen which can be performed through laparoscopic approach.
- Blocked fallopian tubes: Fallopian tubes might get blocked due to infections, adhesion or pressure from mass. In few cases, there is requirement of tubal reconstruction in cases of tubal sterilization. All these fallopian tube blocks can be opened with laparoscopic surgery and hysteroscopically.
I am a married 22 year old women and we don't want baby for 2-3 years approx. Not using any tablets for that just some normal precautions. Can there be any problem in conceiving later?
Intra uterine insemination is a common fertility treatment which involves positioning a sperm within the woman’s uterus in order to help it fertilize. The primary objective of this treatment is to surge the number of sperms that are supposed to reach the fallopian tubes for multiplying the chance of fertilization. It offers an advantage to the sperms by minimizing its area of traversal, but the sperm must reach the eggs for fertilizing the ovum on its own. It is a minimally invasive method and much lesser expensive when compared to in vitro fertilization.
When do the doctors recommend intra uterine insemination?
The most common reason behind opting for intra uterine insemination is decreased sperm mobility and low sperm count. But there are various other reasons why gynecologists recommend this treatment and these include unexplained infertility, cervical scar tissues from past operations, cervical mucus problems, ejaculation dysfunction and several others.
On the other hand, intra uterine insemination is not recommended for women with conditions of pelvic infections, moderate to severe endometriosis and women with acute problems in the fallopian tubes.
How does the process of intra uterine insemination work?
- Before opting for the intra uterine insemination, doctors may recommend ovulation stimulating medicines which require careful monitoring of the eggs to determine when they are mature. The intra uterine insemination will be done between 24 and 36 hours after the rise in LH hormones which indicates high chances of ovulation.
- A semen sample is separated from the semen, and then the sperm is inserted directly into the uterus with the help of a catheter. This procedure improves the positioning of sperm cells into the uterus which, in turn, increases the chances of conception.
- The whole procedure takes about a couple of minutes and gives only minimal discomfort. Then the doctors closely monitor your signs and symptoms of pregnancy. In most cases, there is minimal risk of infection after the intra uterine insemination. Also, women who take fertility medications while having IUI also have chances to become pregnant with multiples.
What is the success rate of intra uterine insemination?
The success of intra uterine insemination depends on a host of factors. If a couple chooses to opt for this treatment every month, the chances of successful pregnancy are increased by 20 percent per cycle. But factors like age of the woman, use of fertility drugs, and the reason behind infertility play a critical role.
Since intra uterine insemination is a cheaper process compared to in vitro fertilization, the success rate of this procedure can sometimes be lower than the latter. It however in most cases gives good results. So, if you are interested in this treatment, you must consult with an expert gynaecologist for discussing your options.