Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anurag BhateYour feedback matters!
The obesity epidemic was unfairly blamed on the consumption of carbs. While processed junk foods, which are high in refined grains and sugar are extremely fattening and unhealthy, fiber rich foods that also contain carbs are very healthy and essential for your diet. If you consume high fiber carbs moderately, it helps you maintain a healthy weight because if you get anything lower than approximately 50% of calories from carbohydrates, you are unhealthy. Carbohydrates, which are rich in fiber can be easily digested by your body.
Mentioned below are 10 food items which are extremely rich in carbs and should be consumed during breakfast for optimum health.
- Apples: Despite the different colors, flavors and sizes, apples consist of 13 to 15% carbs, as well as many vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in healthy plant compounds, antioxidants and vitamin C. Apples are helpful in decreasing the risk of a few types of cancers, reducing heart diseases and improving blood sugar control.
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes are extremely nourishing. It has the sufficient amount of carbohydrates present to maintain your health, as well as fiber, potassium, vitamin B5, vitamin A, manganese and vitamin C. It is also very low in cholesterol, saturated fats and sodium. Consume this antioxidant food item everyday for breakfast to sustain your health.
- Bananas: Bananas contain about 23% carbs. The unripe ones are high in starch, which turns into sugar as it ripens. Apart from carbs, bananas also contain a high amount of Vitamin B 6, potassium and vitamin C along with healthy plant compounds. They are also rich in pectin and resistant starch.
- Quinoa: Classified as pseudo cereal, it is an incredibly popular seed that is eaten like a grain. Apart from being a high carb food, it is not only extremely rich in fibers and proteins, but also plant compounds and minerals. One of its many health benefits is improved blood sugar control. Incorporate it in your diet to help you lose weight.
- Oats: Deemed as one of the healthiest whole grain foods, oats is an excellent source of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. It contains 66% carbohydrates and above 10% of it is fiber. Not only does it lower cholesterol levels and blood sugar levels, but is also extremely helpful in losing weight.
Hello doctor, I had my first pregnancy miscarriage in march 2014 and till now no success. HSG test showed both tube are blocked at proximal end. I want to conceive soon so please tell me some proper advice regarding treatment and doctor. As my financial condition is also not good and I live in faridabad. So please rply I want to have baby.
My beta HCG level is 1.0 and I am going through periods. Could I be pregnant? My TVS ultrasound reports are normal. I experienced spotting, irregular bleeding this month. I have heard Beta HCG level during pregnancy is >5. Please advise.
I am 24 years girl. I had my sex during 3rd day of my period on 28th nov and after that I take ipill with in 3hrs my period stop totally nd 2days later some brown color blood came nd dn der was no sign of period anymore. Its almost 1mnth I m not having my period till date. I did pregnancy test through pregnancy kit called prega news nd its shows negative result. So can you help me wats d problem going on? Why I m not having my period? please explain me in detail.
Sperm reaches girls vagina, but not entered in vagina, does she get pregnant? she miss her periods date today, now what she has to take medicines?
My frnd is 20 years old and she is getting plumper day by day. She is not suffering from any of the relating symptoms or diseases of day today life. How to make her fit? She is absolutely healthy.
I have vaginal pain, yellow discharge red dots (very small, 3 in number) and pain during urination, also normal pain. And this pain Is inside the vagina at the bottom of the opening. This started on 13! I had sex with my boyfriend on 12. I'm also under medication for throat infection and viral fever. The pain is miserable! Please help.
It is common belief that people are highly interested in sex. However, this is not true. There are a lot of reasons which can reduce this sexual drive, known as libido. The reasons and therefore the causes are slightly different in men and in women. Read on to know some of the most common causes of reduced arousal in men and women and how to deal with it.
Causes of reduced arousal in men:
• Physiologically, sex is greatly influenced by the sex hormones and with age, as there is a gradual decline in the amount of these hormones in circulation, the sex drive also takes a dip. This need not be the case though.
• Stressed relationships is extremely common and though hormones have a big role to play, the mind is equally if not more important. If the couples are not happy, there is going to be no sex. As plain as that!
• Excessive smoking can reduce a person’s sexual arousal and even affect performance.
• Prescription medicines, lack of exercise, anxiety and depression are other causes that also reduce sexual desire.
• Testosterone replacement therapy in males is often used to boost sexual drive.
• Lifestyle changes including regular exercise, quitting or controlled smoking, stress management, healthy relationships can go a long way in improving sexual performance.
• If there are medications that are affecting the sexual drive, talk to your doctor and switch to an alternative.
• Counselling where the partner is also involved also is very important.
Women: The causes for low sexual drive in females is very different from men.
• Cultural differences: The cultural background and upbringing contribute in a big way to how responsive a person is. When it comes to sex, we as a country are still not very frank and open, and so there could be a perceived lack of desire. This is of course in the initial stages of a relationship and given some time, things would change.
• Relationship issues: Stressed relationships are definitely a big no-no for a physical relationship. Happy relationships definitely invite a lot more intimacy between the couple.
• Hormones: Testosterone which is present in both males and females affects sexual drive in women also. This hormone also gradually reduces over age, and causes some loss of libido.
• Medical problems: Depression, anxiety, endometriosis, fibroids, thyroid issues also affect a woman’s drive.
In managing this issue in women, psychology takes over a bigger role. Talking to the woman first and if required the partner helps in solving the issues in most women. Medical conditions, if present, should be corrected to address this issue. Hormone replacement and medication substitution also may be helpful if required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
he chemical messengers of your body, hormones, travel to each organ through your bloodstream and regulate vital processes, such as metabolism and reproduction.
The most commonly fluctuating hormones of your body are estrogen, progesterone and testosterone (sex hormones), thyroid (metabolism hormone), adrenaline (energy hormone), cortisol (stress hormone) and melatonin (sleep hormone).
Women experience greater hormonal changes than men. While both boys and girls go through puberty, women experience several additional defining stages throughout their lives – menstruation, pregnancy, postpartum, premenopause and, finally, menopause.
All these greatly change a woman’s body and cause her hormones to fluctuate. Being vital to key processes in the body, hormonal fluctuations significantly affect her overall mental and physical well-being.
Whenever we hear the phrase “hormonal imbalance”, our mind instantly procures an image of a flustered, hyperactive woman. This is a sad state of affairs as it reflects the negativity and insensitivity associated with this condition.
While one should consult a doctor when a hormonal imbalance occurs, the first step toward treatment begins with identifying the issue.