Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Anuradha V DesaiYour feedback matters!
Polycystic ovarian cyst disease (PCOD)
It is a disease characterized by multiple small cysts in the ovaries. The ovary is enlarged and it produces excessive amounts of androgen and estrogenic hormones, this condition is also called as polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Causes - hereditary / genetic disease (family history of someone with condition), overactive adrenal glands can also produce excess androgens and causes pcod, obesity can aggravate pcod, excess insulin may cause high androgen levels and causes pcod.
Irregular menses / delayed / heavy periods.
Weight gain and difficulty in losing weight.
Pimples, oily skin, dandruff, thinning of hair, hairfall.
Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, back.
Heart disease (high blood pressure, high cholesterol)
Weight gain and trouble losing weight.
Depression, mood swings.
1) do regular exercise - exercise for 45 minutes, walking, jogging and aerobic exercise are great exercise that people can do.
2) eat healthy and balanced diet - it includes lots of vegetables, fruits, nuts, beans and whole grains, brown rice. Limit foods that are high in saturated fat, such as meats, cheese and fried foods. Avoid dairy products, red meat, sugary foods and drinks.
(select what you eat from the following food groups -
Vegetables - carrots, peas, broccoli, lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cauliflower, celery, spinach.
Cereals - barley, oats, whole wheat, brown rice, multigrain bread.
Pulses - yellow and green moving, chana dal, beans, whole pulses.
Dairy products - skimmed or toned milk, tofu, paneer, yogurt.
Nuts - walnuts, almonds, flaxseeds).
3) control weight - losing weight may help to get your hormones in balance and regulate your menstrual cycle these are the main part of the treatment for pcod.
4) treatment of hirsutism or acne.
5) restoration of regular menstrual cycle, restoration of fertility.
Homeopathic treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome is very safe and free from any side effects. Homeopathy focuses on treating and curing the root cause of disease. Here are some homeopathic remedies for pcod -
1) sepia - menses are irregular (sometimes too late and scanty or too early and profuse) + bearing down pains from back to abdomen + a ball like sensation in the inner parts + yellowish or greenish leucorrhea + irritable and indifferent temperament.
2) pulsatilla - menses are late and scanty + thirstless and takes little water + mild, gentle and yeilding temperament + changeable moods + suited to young girls in whom the problem starts at puberty.
3) natrum mur - irregular and suppressed menstrual cycles + beneficial for women with difficulty in conception due to pcod + aversion to heat of sun and craving for extra salt in the diet + reserved minded + symptoms gets worse when sympathy offered.
Please advice me . Her periods end yesterday means on 6 aug. Then when and how can I do intercourse which can she getting pregnant and she will miss her menses What I do before intercourse (foreplay) Please tell me dates to do intercourse?
From when should I start giving papaya and its seeds to control the birth after having unprotected physical relation.
Sleep affects our physical and mental health tremendously, and many of us do not get enough. Photo credit konstantin yuganov/istock/getty images
Sleep affects our physical and mental health tremendously, and many of us do not get enough. Lack of sleep adversely affects metabolism, mood, concentration, memory, motor skills, stress hormones and even the immune system and cardiovascular health. Sleep allows the body to heal, repair and rejuvenate itself in a way it simply cannot when a person is awake.
Even if you just get out for a walk a few times a week, exercise is important for being fit and healthy. Cardiovascular exercise helps to strengthen the heart and lungs, strength training helps to strengthen the muscles and stretching helps to reduce the risk of injury by increasing flexibility. Exercise also improves circulation and body awareness, and regular exercise can help combat depression.
Get as many fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains into your diet as possible and make them the main part of your overall diet. Include lean sources of protein such as poultry, fish, tofu and beans. Eat balanced meals and do not overeat. Stop eating before you become completely full and give yourself a chance to digest your food. Snack on whole foods such as fruit, vegetables and nuts. Avoid highly processed foods that contain artificial sweeteners or colors, hidden sugars or excessive fat.
Eat breakfast each day
A healthy breakfast starts your day off right. It sets you up so that you have energy and fuel for optimal mental and physical performance. Eating breakfast helps to maintain stable blood sugar levels and a healthy weight because you are less likely to overindulge later in the day.
Our bodies are made mostly of water. Most fluids and foods contain water that will help to keep our bodies hydrated, but fresh, clean, plain water is still the best and healthiest beverage for maintaining a healthy body. It is the most natural cleanser for our organs and digestive system. Being hydrated is crucial for the brain as well as for helping to flush toxins out through the skin (perspiration) and urine.
Stress can cause a myriad of problems, from heart trouble to digestive problems. This should not come as a surprise. What many people do not know is what to do about it, how to manage their stress. Exercise, meditation, doing what you love, appropriate boundaries, spirituality, being in nature, and enjoyable hobbies all help alleviate the harmful effects of stress on the body. Don't overwork. Take breaks (vacations, mini-vacations, days off) and surround yourself with people who support you.
Keeping emotions bottled up inside can cause mental and emotional stress as well as physical symptoms. Unexpressed feelings can lead to depression, sleep problems, eating disorders, and even physical pain. Learn to talk about your feelings, or express them through some sort of art. Even writing thoughts and feelings down is a good way to express things you find hard to say.
Consistency and moderation
In order to maintain a healthy and fit lifestyle, it's important to have some sort of consistency when looking at the big picture result. Make changes one at a time, and don't make too many changes at once or you will risk relapsing into old habits. Making these choices a part of your daily life will help you to reach your health goals. Avoid extremes in any capacity. Exercise moderation when it comes to fitness, food and fun.
Benefits of paneer for bones and teeth
Strengthens bones and teeth
Paneer is a high protein food having high level of calcium and phosphorus which helps in building strong bones and teeth.
Prevents from bone and teeth diseases
It prevents from various bones diseases like osteoporosis, joints pain and tooth problems like tooth decay and gums problems.
Provides instant energy
It is very energetic food provides instant energy after heavy exercises thus has capacity to fulfill calorie requirement of the body and improves the growth and development of the bones.
It helps in lowering the lower body pain, back pain and joint pain.
Fights with rheumatoid arthritis
It has omega-3 fatty acids and omega-6 fatty acids which helps in fighting with the rheumatoid arthritis and other bone problems.
Prevents teeth from harmful sugars
Its low level of the lactose content helps in protecting the teeth against harmful sugars.
Protects from tooth cavities
Its vitamin d availability along with the calcium prevents from the tooth cavities by preventing tooth enamels and helps to maintain good dental health.
Prevents from the skeletal deformation
Vitamin k and magnesium found in it calcify the bones and prevents from the skeletal deformation.
Benefits of paneer for weight loss
High protein diet
Paneer is high protein diet having monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat which helps in lowering the body weight, managing weight as well as reducing the risk of insulin resistance syndrome.
It has high level of dietary fibers which helps in digestion by improving the metabolism thus helps in reducing the weight.
Benefits of paneer for cancer prevention
Prevents from cancer
It is the good source of high quality protein which reduces the risk of various types of cancer such as stomach cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer and etc.
It has some cancer protecting agents called conjugated linoleic acid and sphingolipid which reduces the risk of cancer.
I have itching nd swelling in vagina, it's very unbearable ,it start every 15-16 days again and again! What should I do?
Hi I am 23 years old, unmarried, 1 week back I had unprotected sex with neighborhood married girl, who is 22 years old, now I have fear of HIV, will definitely I will get HIV, please help me?
It's about 3 monts of pregnancy and feeling fever with some cold. We have Nozee tablet which containg 500mg of paracitomol. Can we take this, if yes at what duration and amount. Waiting for reply
Hello mam, I had sex with my partner on 29 may and my periods is started on that day Now my date is 30 june but still I can't get my periods is there is a chance of pregnancy Pls help me I don't want this If am pregnant then suggest any tablet pls.
I am 23 years old before 1 year I got pregnant but my 1 month baby miscarriage and after then I am not getting pregnant why? Please advise.
I am 30, I got married last one and half year before and tried to conceive from day one and it happened too in the month of May 2014 but miscarriage in the same month only and after that I yet not conceived again. I made all my test and it shows that every report is normal of mine and my husband but only point is one of my fallopian tube report says one of is block and second is open but not in very good condition. My husband age is 47 years and we do have lots of time to wait for a child. Please suggest what to do and how will I be pregnant? Naturally, because Dr. Suggested me IVF Treatment.
When the growth of the yeast living in the vagina increases on an abnormal basis, it may lead to a yeast infection. Yeast is a fungus and this infection is usually caused by a kind of yeast that is called Candida Albicans.
So read on to find out everything there is to know about yeast infection!
- Causes: As discussed above, this infection may be caused due to the growth of a particular type of virus. The other reasons include any phenomenon that leads to a change in the balance of the microorganisms living in this area. This can occur due to the intake of antibiotics, as well as high estrogen levels due to hormone therapy treatment or even pregnancy. The use of birth control pills during menstrual cycles can also trigger this infection. Also, other ailments in the patient's body, like diabetes and HIV infection can be the cause behind the same.
- Symptoms: Most of the time, one will experience the symptoms of this infection in the week leading up to the monthly menstrual cycle. Redness, a sore pain, itchiness and a thick white discharge are the most common symptoms of this condition. Also, skin irritation and pain during urination can occur for more severe cases.
- Treatment: Usually, it has been seen that this infection clears up on its own once the menstrual cycle starts. This happens because the blood that is discharged during the period can help in restoring the pH balance of the vagina which takes care of yeast growth. It can be recurrent or a one time infection. Boric acid capsules are the best way to treat this condition. If the infection has occurred during pregnancy, you must see a doctor about treatment before taking any medication or home remedies on your own.
- Home Remedies: Avoiding sexual intercourse or using a lubricant can help in alleviating the pain that one feels in such cases. Also, you can swap your tampons for pads during the infection and the treatment. Further, sitting in a tub of warm water can help in soothing the area. Remember to keep the area dry and clean at all times.
- Prevention: Prevention includes eating a balanced diet that will supply all the necessary nutrients to your body. Dairy products like yogurt and milk will help in preventing this kind of infection as well as plenty of fruits. Also, avoid using too many antibiotics or eating too much sugar.
Yeast infection should be treated with home remedies only when you are not pregnant. Also, you must be aware of any other ailments like diabetes before self prescribing any medicine or treatment.