Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anuradha ShahYour feedback matters!
I get fever frequently And throat has cough Some times when I go for singing practice Voice gets changes to worst.
I have sinus problem since childhood. Last few months ago I had my right part of face pain like right eye, nose,ear, neck etc. I went to doctor and he gave me medicine. I was good after taking medicine. Now the same problem has started again. I feel feverish all the time. If I stay in a AC room my whole body pain. What should I do? please give me any medication or advice.
My age is 26 years and have water in my lungs. Done the course of 6 months but still problems in my lungs. What should I do?
I am old case of Abdominal TB. Duly treated with ERH for 7 months, till May 2014. Reviewed by the Gastroentrologist in November 2014. But now I have similar kind of cough with reduced appetite. USG - Abdomen of November 2014 was normal. ESR and TSH levels are high for last two years. Not on any medication, now. Kindly advise.
Tonsillitis is a disorder of the tonsils present on the back of the throat.
It is mere * myth * that the tonsils acts as a defensive mechanism in the body as they prevent the body from infections. Tonsillitis can occur at any age. It is widely prevalent among school going kids as they get exposed to the different environment for the first time.
With age advances frequency of attacks reduces because the body gains immunity after each episode.
Tonsillitis may be classified into two types:
- Chronic tonsillitis: when frequency and duration of acute attacks increases. This type of tonsillitis tends to last for an extended duration with symptoms of throat pain fever occasionally ear ache off and on also known as acute on chronic illness.
- Acute tonsillitis: This is a form of acute infection which usually doesn't recur but may set once or so.
A virus or bacteria that causes common cold may result in tonsillitis. The most common cause of this disorder is the strep bacteria. School going children are especially vulnerable to this disorder because they are most prone to various infections.
The various symptoms of tonsillitis are
- Swallowing difficulties
- Sore throat
- Bad breath
- Fever and chills
- A headache, ear ache, and stomach ache
- May experience stiffness in the neck and the jaw
- Swollen tonsils with possible redness
- Change in voice when tonsil such enlarged - hot potato voice.
- Symptoms of cold
Treatment: The treatment for tonsillitis is usually antibiotics in acute cases and in some resistant chronic cases, operation tonsillectomy is indicated . Surgery is only done in cases where tonsillitis is chronic in nature and recurrence is more than 3 times per year or a child fails to thrive .
This operation is very simple now a days with new technologies.
My mother suffering from asthma, thyroid & sugar, but today a little blood came with cough thrice, I want to know this serious or not and what can I do.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
I'm suffering from severe sinusitis, fever 100 deg Fahrenheit and sore throat. I've an extremely sharp pain in the throat and it's very difficult to swallow anything, even my saliva. I'm traveling abroad right now and do not medical insurance and cannot spend on doctors here. I've azithromycin 500 mg 3 tablets and 1 strip of Sinarest. I'm returning to India 5 days later. Till then how can I manage my symptoms and get relief? I'm in a lot of Any help will be highly appreciated.
Ayurveda is effective because it treats the root of the problem in order to treat it. According to this ancient system of medicine, bronchitis, which is infection of the windpipe, is known as ‘kasa roga’. According to Ayurveda, bronchitis happens primarily due to impaired digestion. This is the reason why Ayurveda treats bronchitis through drugs that have the ability to treat both the lungs and the digestive system. Chronic bronchitis is also caused due to airborne allergens like cigarette smoke and pollution.
The main symptom of bronchitis is chronic inflammation of the bronchial tubes or the windpipes that carry air to the lungs. This infection causes profuse secretion of phlegm. Other notable symptoms are chest pain, chronic cough, fever, poor digestion and loss of appetite, and shortness of breath. Children, senior citizens and those with an impaired immune system are extremely prone to bronchitis. If left untreated for long, bronchitis can manifest as tuberculosis. Another disease bronchitis can mutate into is bronchial asthma.
- Haldi or turmeric, commonly used Ayurvedic spices in the world, is the most common home remedy for bronchitis. One can take a teaspoonful of haldi mixed in a glass of milk in the night for relief. Haldi is more effective if taken on an empty stomach.
- The juice of vasa is also an excellent remedy for bronchitis. One can take it twice or thrice daily.
- Ginger juice and honey mixed in a cup of warm water is also good for easy expectoration of phlegm.
- One can also mix equal quantities of dried ginger, black pepper and long pepper with honey and take a teaspoonful thrice every day.
- Tulsi or holy basil is a great cure for bronchitis. Water boiled with tulsi leaves brings instant relief to a sore throat. One can use this water for gargling too.
- In case of a congested throat ‘khadiradi vati’ gives effective relief, due to catechu that helps relieve congestion.
Shringyadi churna, kaphaketu, kaphachintamani, sitopaladi churna, pravala pisthi, rasa sindur, talisadi churna, haridra khand and vasarishta are a few effective Ayurvedic medicines for bronchitis.
- Protection from cold is key. Cold water and winds should be avoided. Use warm water for bathing, wear warm clothes and avoid excess humidity, dust and allergic pollen. Heavy physical exercises should also be avoided.
- Stay away from cold foods like curd and sour substances, fruits like bananas and guavas, and from alcohol and tobacco.
- Also, one should eat foods that are easy to digest. Lots of leafy vegetables will give one the vitamins and mineral required to fight bronchitis.
- One can also opt for Ayurvedic therapies like Vamana and Virechana to treat bronchitis. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.