Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnuradhaYour feedback matters!
My last period was September 27th and regular period of 28 days. Its my 29th day. Still I didn't get my periods. I have pain on my lower abdomen and also around my naval. Am I pregnant or any issues?
Hi sir my wife 45 days pregnant is confirmed urine hug test positive so can I do sex her is safe are not and pregnancy is confirmed are not.
In the first day of period, I got intimidated with my wife, is there any chance of pregnancy? Please help.
Had an unprotected sex with my wife 5 days before, will there is a possibility of getting pregnant. It was the 19th day of period. How to avoid this pregnancy?
Hi, I am 35 yr old. This time on the first day of my periods my right side of d face was swelled up when I got up in the morning. And I was having very bad pain. Kindly tell is it normal or what should I do. It's still on today is my 2 day but it is still paining but not like first day. Kindly acknowledged.
I am 25 years old unmarried female. I suffer from periods pain. My endometrial thickness is 2.9mm after 10 days of periods and 3.2mm after 7 days of periods. Is this any problem please suggest me?
I am 33 years old. And we are searching a baby. I have been married for 9 yrs. We took long time to have baby as for settlement. My period is irregular. What should I do for get a soon pregnant? thank you.
Have multiple fibroids in uterus. Unable to get pregnant from last 5 years. Is there treatment for fibroids so that I can get pregnant?
I am getting itching in my vagina from last two days. Observed some very small bump near vagina opening. Please suggest some medication for this. Thanks in advance.
I am a 19 year old female. I had sex and about less than 48 hours after sex the guy told me that he had come inside me. I immediately took an Ipill. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
I have periods issue. I have irregular periods. 1 month 15 days 20 days gap how I will know my ovulation day?
After carrying the baby for nine months and delivering it, the next big step for the mother is to learn to breastfeed. For a woman who has had her first delivery, this could be a thing that can scare her and put her at discomfort. In addition, some mothers can also experience physical pain, which is even more worrisome.
In the initial stages of breastfeeding, it is normal to have pain as the baby and the mother have not yet identified the correct method i.e. the mother in terms of holding the baby, while the baby in terms of latch correctly to get milk. However, in most cases, the mother detaches and repositions the baby. This often helps in relieving the pain and after some repetition of this exercise, both the mother and the baby would know the correct position.
Let down reflex, also called milk ejection reflex, is set off by hormone oxitocin which is released whenever your baby feeds, it stimulates muscle cells in your breast to squeeze milk and may cause pain. Oral thrush, which is a yeast infection, in baby's mouth, can cause sore nipples and pain. The baby’s oral features like a short mouth, short tongue, small chin, high palate, etc., can lead to improper suction and cause pain. However, this pain from suctioning will disappear within a couple of days. Another cause for breast pain could be engorgement. When the breasts are engorged, due to feeding after a long break, there is too much milk, which can cause pain as soon as the baby latches on. Pressing out some milk before the baby latches on can help reduce the pain. lmproper size of bra, too tight or too loose, can be a cause of breast pain.
Nipple pain, when exposed to cold weather, is another condition. This occurs due to constricted blood vessels and is known as Raynaud’s phenomenon. If required, pain medication can be taken, but this type of pain usually subsides.
Allergies such as poison ivy and eczema can also lead to nipple soreness. Even topical issues like use of creams, soaps and deodorants can cause soreness. These require no intervention and minute changes would usually suffice. It is important to remember that any medication taken can reach the baby during the breastfeeding and unless absolutely essential, it is best to avoid any medication for the mother. If a baby is being fed well after the 6th month of life, teething begins and this can be a cause for pain during breastfeeding.
In most cases, proper breastfeeding techniques usually take care of the issue. However, if there are other issues, for instance, the child’s oral features, they may require correction as they not only need to be addressed because of this problem, but also otherwise.
Using warm moist compresses is useful in soothing the pain. Empty the breast properly after feeding the baby. Try to avoid chemicals like Linolin, hydrogel, as far as possible, if applied to cracked nipples, clean it properly before feeding the baby. Applying freshly squeezed milk from the breast is another wonderful option, given its antibacterial properties. The warmth of wet tea bags may also give a soothing effect. Remember to avoid chemicals like lanolin or hydrogel, as this pain is a temporary issue and usually disappears over a period of time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I want to tone my tummy as after becoming a mummy I have developed a pouch becuse of 2 cyerian. I have 2 daughters aged 7 and 4.
I am 27 years old married woman. I am trying to get pregnant. In december I had periods on 3rd, in January on 6th, February on 12th, march on 21st. Which are the fertile days to make relation for getting pregnant. Kindly advise.
I am 23 year old girl. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend in 2 ND of this month. Immediately I had consumed IPill in less than an hour after sex. My menstrual cycle was supposed to be 6 of this month. But I haven't got it still. Can you please help me?
Whether angioplasty and stenting is absolutely necessary or can be avoided depends on the sypmtoms, signs, ecg , acho and angiography findings of the patient.
- Most of the times in situation of acute heart attack angioplasty with stenting is the life saving procedure. In heart attack patients angioplasty is the swiftest and surest procedure to open the artery ugently and thus is a life saving procedure. Angioplasty performed in heart attack situation is called a Primary Angioplasty and should be done as fast as possible as it reduces death rates as well as future disability rates.
- In chronic stable patients who have not suffered a heart attack and were found to have coronary stenosis on angiography Angioplasty and stenting can be avoided based on clinical scenario. In such situations careful treatment with medicines is to be started in consultation with cardiologist. This treatment should be carefully and regularly followed in guidance of your cardiologist. There are many patients who do well on medicines alone.
Cervical cancer occurs in the cervical cells which are present in the lower part of the uterus. It is usually caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) which is transmitted sexually. However, in some cases, the virus may survive for a few years, causing some cells of the cervix to become cancerous.
Cervical cancer is usually classified into two types:
- Adenocarcinoma: This type of cancer starts in the column shaped glandular cells along the lining of the cervix.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: Most cases of cervical cancer are of this type. Here, the cancer occurs in the flat and thin cells that are present in the outer region of the cervix.
Symptoms: Usually, very few symptoms show up in the initial stages. However, the latter stages tell a different story. The symptoms at an advanced stage are:
- You may experience pain during sexual intercourse
- Foul smelling discharge from the vagina
- Bleeding from the vagina during sexual intercourse
Causes: Cervical cancer develops due to the mutation of healthy cells which makes turns them into malignant (cancerous) cells. The cancerous cells tend to grow at a fast pace, thus accumulating and forming a tumor. The cancerous cells may also spread to the adjoining areas of the body.
There are certain factors which increase your chances of being affected by cervical cancer:
- Too many sexual partners: The chances of cervical cancer increase significantly if you have multiple sexual partners.
- A weak immune system: A weak immune system makes you highly susceptible to cervical cancer.
- Lifestyle factors: Various lifestyle factors such as smoking can increase your risk of cervical cancer.
The treatment for cervical cancer involves the following:
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy involves injecting chemicals into the vein to destroy the cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy consists of using x-rays to destroy the cancer cells. Radiation therapy may be used alongside chemotherapy to destroy cancer cells.
- Surgery: Hysterectomy is a surgical procedure that is used in the treatment of cervical cancer. It involves removal of the uterus to treat this disorder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.