Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
My sister is 40 years old. She is suffering left breast lump. She is also taking homeopathic medicine for it last two months but no relief. She complaining pain in left breast continually. Today her mammography of left breast is done. It is the report - Radiological findings - there are increased radio density area seen in left breast. No abnormal calcification seen in left breast. No disruption or destruction of overlying skin of left breast seen. Left nipple appear normal. On ultrasonomamography there are irregular hypo echoic masses with internal echoes measuring approx 3.5 * 2.1 cm & 4.5 * 2.9 cm size seen in upper medial and lower medial quadrant of left breast. Impression -? Multiloculated left breast abscess. Advice -FNAC. Please suggest treatment.
I am 36 yrs old women I have my monthly period for 2 or 3 days Pls is it safe or pls suggest me medicines to it.
Me and my gf want to have sex. But we are concerned about pregnancy what precautions should we use other than condom. Thanks.
Hi I have married last before 5 years. But till today I have not get any baby. Please. Advise me for further treatment. I waiting For your reply.
What is LASIK ?
Laser-Assisted in Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) uses a computer controlled laser to reshape the eye's cornea ( the transparent part in the front region of the eye), so as to enable light passing through it to focus correctly onto the retina of the eye.
When do you need this surgery?
This surgical procedure is ideal for people having following conditions making spectacle use mandatory :
1. Myopia or nearsightedness - Far off objects appears blurry
2. Hypermetropia or farsightedness - Close objects appear indistinct
3. Astigmatism - Overall fuzzy vision
Facts about the surgery -
- Practically painless procedure done under numbing drops
- Short surgery time as well as recovery time
- No use of stitches
- Reduced dependency on glasses and contact lenses
- Better vision as compared to vision through high power glasses
- Minimum age to opt for the procedure is 18 years
LASIK in Presbyopia or Presbylasik:
The surgery can also be opted for individuals who suffer from presbyopia, which is long-sightedness brought on by the loss of flexibility of the eye lens, and usually occurs in individuals in their middle and old age. The condition renders individuals with the inability to focus on objects that are close by, leading to difficulty in reading smaller prints or doing chores close up.
In Presbylasik or Multifocal LASIK different power zones are created for seeing at varying distances - near , intermediate and distance vision.Consulting a doctor is best as he or she can help you to decide on the right course of action.
Related Tip: 4 Tips for a Great Eyesight
My daughter has been having irregular periods and is over weight. For three years she is on drug and diabetic medicines which would surely have side effects. She is 23 years old. Please suggest some ready so that she can get rid of the drugs. She walks a lot but her tummy muscles are very loose.
Recently I had laparoscopy for removal of ovarian cyst (endometriosis, can I conceive after this, I want baby.
Testosterone is a powerful hormone, with the ability to control sex drive, regulate sperm production, promote muscle mass, increase energy, and even influence human behavior (such as aggression and competitiveness). It’s no wonder that a decrease in testosterone would cause quite a stir. However, it is a natural part of aging.
In the Womb
Testosterone plays an important role in shaping the developing fetus during pregnancy. It drives the development of the male reproductive system. Testosterone also masculinizes the brain.testosterone levels have to fall within a very narrow margin in order for the fetal brain to be healthy. High levels of fetal testosterone may be linked to autism.low levels of fetal testosterone may boost your chances of getting Alzheimer’s disease later in life.
Adolescence to Early Adulthood
Testosterone levels are at their highest during adolescence and early adulthood. The first physical signs of testosterone, or androgens, in the body are apparent during puberty. A boy’s voice changes, his shoulders broaden, and his facial structure becomes more masculine. But as men get older, their testosterone levels decline about 1 percent per year after age 30.
|Age:||T Level (ng/dL):||Age:||T Level (ng/dL):|
|0-5 months||75-400||0-5 months||20-80|
|6 mos.-9 yrs.||<7-20||6 mos.-9 yrs.||<7-20|
|10-11 yrs.||<7-130||10-11 yrs.||<7-44|
|12-13 yrs.||<7-800||12-16 yrs.||<7-75|
|14 yrs.||<7-1,200||17-18 yrs.||20-75|
|15-16 yrs.||100-1,200||19+ yrs.||8-60|
|Avg. Adult Male||270-1,070||Avg. Adult Female||15-70|
|30+ yrs.||-1% per year|
Testosterone and Aging
low testosterone levels can cause changes in sexual function, including:
- reduced sexual desire, or low libido
- fewer spontaneous erections
- impotence (erectile dysfunction)
Other signs of decreased testosterone levels include:
- changes in sleep patterns
- emotional changes, such as low self-confidence or lack of motivation
- physical changes, like increased body fat, reduced muscle bulk and strength, and decreased bone density
The normal range of testosterone levels in healthy adult males is between 280 to 1,100 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dL).
While the symptoms described here are considered a normal part of aging, they could also be signs of several underlying factors. These include:
- a reaction to certain medications
- thyroid gland disorders
- excessive alcohol use
- the best time of day to have a blood sample taken for a testosterone test is around 8 a.m.
Dear Dr. I m in the 4th month of pregnancy. I never had a vomiting sensation. I am advised by my Dr. to take all 9, duphaston, zincovit n doxinate tablets. I was always feeling hungry in the prior 3 months, but nw I m never in mood to have something to eat. I had meet with n accident in my first month of pregnancy n at that time I was not aware of my pregnancy. I m a bit tensed as I m scared whether my baby is growing properly, as my stomach has not increased yet.
My girlfriend 18 years, I am 20 years, I am participating in sex without safety. Now how to avoid pregnancy? Please send me your answer.
During my periods on first day I have lot of stomach pain. What could be done to overcome it naturally?
Hello, I have vaginal itching problem probably because of change of soap Can I apply clotrimazole. Please guide me.
Dr. Am asking this question for clarification. My problem is related to periods. My periods happened on last months are 19/10/2016 ,14/11/2016, 8/12/2016. Doctor is there any problems with the dates of my periods. Is it irregular periods? And I want to know is there any chances to. Make problems in pregnancy?
Hi I have very uncertain periods and I got married on april 2015 and before marriage my period come on 15 april 2015 and after marriage my first period is on 29 june 2015 which is normal after that my period come on 18 july 2015 just for 2 days and till now my period didnot come. Whenever I tke pregnancy test it is negative. Is there possibility of pregnancy. Please guide me and help me to get my period regularly.
Saffron is widely used not only for its taste and aroma but for its health benefits as follows:
1. Active components in saffron acts as an antiseptic, antidepressant, anti-oxidant, digestive, anti-convulsant.
2. Is a good source of copper, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, selenium, zinc and magnesium. Potassium is important for cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure. Iron is essential for red blood cell production.
3. Is rich in many vital vitamins, including vitamin A, folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin-C that is essential for optimum health.
4. Is used for asthma, cough and to loosen phlegm.
5. Is useful for sleep problems, hardening of the arteries, intestinal gas, depression, Alzheimer?s disease, pain, heartburn & dry skin.
6. Women use saffron for easing menstrual cramps & premenstrual syndrome. Men use it to prevent early orgasm (premature ejaculation) & infertility.
7. Is also used to increase interest in sex & to induce sweating.
8. Some people apply saffron directly to the scalp for prevention and cure of baldness (alopecia).
9. Is beneficial for hair as it helps in stimulating hair growth.
10. It can be mixed with licorice and milk and applied to bald spots. This will combat hair loss and promote hair growth.
Urology is a branch of medicine that focuses on the diseases affecting the urinary tract system and male reproductive organs. The organs that come under the scanner here are the kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra, and the male reproductive organs (testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate, and penis). Though there is a prevalent misconception that gynecologists are for women what urologists are for men, urology also deals with certain women related health issues. These include overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, and urinary incontinence. In fact, doctors who specialize in female urology gain detailed knowledge of the female pelvic floor together with intimate understanding of the physiology and pathology.
Here are 9 things you should know as a woman
1. Age related factors affect both men and women: Right around the time when menopause and andropause strike, changing hormone levels affect the pelvic floor, bladder, urethra and vagina in women causing problems like urinary tract infection and incontinence. These conditions are effectively treated by an urologist who can also probe for underlying conditions like kidney stone, polyp, or tumor in severe cases.
2. An overactive bladder is more common than you think: Around 40% women have to hit the bathroom every hour or so owing to this. Simple lifestyle changes like lowering the intake of caffeine and alcohol, in combination with pelvic floor exercises can solve the problem.
3. Women sometimes pee in their pants too: A majority of the female population between 40 and 60 suffer from either stress incontinence (when you cough, sneeze or laugh) or urgency incontinence (leaking when you want to go badly). Urologists want you to know that there are less invasive options and medications available to treat this problem.
4. Walk the exercise path to good health: Exercises for your vagina like kegal are great when done right. You can connect with a practitioner who specializes in toning and the stimulation of pelvic floor muscles to treat incontinence.
5. Pelvic pain: If it is not gynecology then it is urology. A general pain in the pelvic region triggers a visit to the gynecologist first for most women.From menstrual cramps to ovarian cysts, all of this may well be taken care of by your gynecologist too. But when the usual culprits are not the cause for your discomfort, it's time you get the urology aspect examined thoroughly too.
6. Know the difference between UTI and STI: Because of cross symptoms, one often gets mistaken for the other. So check with your urologist to understand the cause and cure of your particular problem.
7. Recognize pelvic organ prolapse: This condition is defined by a bit of bladder, rectal, or uterine tissue bulging into your vagina. An urologist can provide non invasive options to deal with this.
8. Women can get kidney stones too: This is true, especially when you forget to hydrate yourself in hot climates or high temperature situations.
9. Urology can solve some sexual problems too: Whether it's sexual dysfunction, low libido or trouble reaching orgasm, urology can play its part to help you out.
I have irregular periods and now I am married for 8 Month. I want to become a mother please reply me weather I can conceive or not.
1. Eat something every 2 – 3 hrs constantly. Stomach should be always busy digesting & absorbing something so that metabolic rate becomes higher burning stored fat. Never starve otherwise body holds on fats & Carbohydrates (energy source for emergency)
2. Consume 1 fistful of dry fruits everyday
3. Once in a week replace a meal with only boiled or steamed veg / fruits.
4. Eat fruits prior to meal, as your body gets all the goodness of fruits.
5. Drink 1 glass of water while going to take shower. Its good for blood circulation
1. Avoid deep fried food items (If unavoidable can be taken as first thing in the morning
2. Avoid sweets (you can have 1 piece of sweet in the morning or afternoon instead of fruit, specially do not have sweet with any of the meals; have it as a separate meal)
3. Do not use Ghee on Chapattis, does not add any value.
4. Don’t discard the skin of the fruits & veg. Soak them in salty water for ½ an hour to undo the most of chemical preservatives
5. Never take shower immediately after meals