Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Audiologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Anupama Shetty
Submit a review for Ms. Anupama ShettyYour feedback matters!
I feeling like less hearing Cn you suggest best wid out using machine, bcoz I m scare of using machine so I hvnt consult doctor.
I am jishan and I am 23 years old right now, but I have a problem that my throat is always paining also my voice is n9t so clear now I am very much disturb due to this and I am addicted to cold drinks so please help me out regarding this I want to speak clearly but whenever I tried I can not do this because when 8 push my throat to speak the air with my voice is came out and no 9ne can understand or listen what I am saying or what I want to say?
I am losing hear quickly and have tired all shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure but else can I do can you please help me with this..
I am suffering from weakness of ear nerves. 2-3 year ago. My hearing audiometry is above 45db. What should I do to improve it.
When you start arguing during the bedtime, your mind will be full of thoughts, mostly negative ones. You will get irritated and agitated. A research has shown that fighting with someone at bedtime will preserve the negative emotions until you wake up.
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.