Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Anupama Borkar BhagiaYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years aged and since last 10 years I am using tobacco and cigarette but recently I quit it. Now I just wanted to have body checkup for any kind of cancer or any other disease. Please suggest the best recommended test or scan to identify the disease, if any. I just wanted to be rest assured that I am fit.
Hello sir, I have lipoma on back side of my left head science year 2010. Have any future problem? Please tell me.
I have been diagnosed with enlarged prostate. PSA test a month back showed 24.62. Presently on 1 capsule of Urimax. 4 a day. Is it OK or needs else to be done.
Dear Doctor, My uncle (85 Yrs) badly suffering from posted Gland (enlarged) problem causing urine came out unconsciously. Recently he was admitted in hospital. After completion of all check up doctor advised for operation. But we are not ready for operation due to his age factor. Pl. Let me know whether it can be cured by Ayurveda, If yes then cost of the same.
Hi, I am in age of 27 and I have side pain in only lump of my breast when I am pressing it .Is it normal or should I consult it with doctor.
What are the signs or symptoms of the Breast Cancer? How a married woman can prevent it? Does it has any bearing with baby's breast feeding?
Hello/Mam. I am 20 years old my height is 5 feet 3 inch and my weight is 44 and I am not married I have left breast fibroadenoma in my left breast from 1 and half year. Is it need surgery? Can not it illuminate without surgery? As well I feel pain in both breast most of the time in everyday ? Is that pain is normal. Okay please suggest me dear Mam.
Sir/mam I found breast lump in one of my breast since 10 months back but there is no pain symptoms or size increase of lump only pain in time of menses my age is 22 piz tell me it will cause any breast cancer in future what precautions I should take. Tq.
I am having problem of low urine output. It is not flowing properly ang several minutes I have to try. I have undergone ultrasound test my prostrate gland size is 9 39 gms Recently I have taken blood test for kidney function and urine complete examination. The serum creatinine 0.7 mg/dl blood Uric acid 4.9 mg sodium 141 mEql potassium 4.9, mEql chlorides 101mEql Urine examinations Gravity 1012. Reaction 6.0 ph Rbc 2rbc other parameters are normal Can you suggest/prescribe any medicine either in allopathy or homeopathy or Ayurvedic medicine to improve free flow of urine output?
My grandmother just now detected 2nd stage cancer in uretus (bachhadani) she is 86 years old. Is it beneficial to treat it with chemotherapy or in this age any other treatment like naturopathy etc. She is doing well no diabetes but hypertensive please recommend.
I have been taking Tamdura for prostate enlargement and my urologist suggested Dynapres 4 mg one at nite as he finds the prostate is steady. My PSA is 0.742 and I do not get up in night fort passing urine. I have slight irritation while passing urine and he has asked me to take syrup cital with water thrice a day. Please let me know the side effect of Dynapres. 4 mg.
How is the cancer caused and what is the problem by wich the cancer is caused. Is it the growth of cells.
I am 22 years female and recently found their is a lump in my left breast nd went through memography and fna and it reported as fibroadenomas of 3.60 cm as I could feel it clearly. Doctor adviced me to go for surgery. Now I cannot feel the lump in my self examination it is about less than 1cm now, is it going to shrink? will there be any symptoms.
Though there are no proven ways to prevent cancer, you can do a lot of things reduce your risk of getting the disease. Here are 10 good important ways to do so:
1. Eat a healthy balanced diet
2. Maintain a healthy weight
3. Drink less alcohol
4. Quit smoking
5. Say No to any form of Tobaco including Pan and Gutka
6. Do regular exercise. At least, Walking.
7. Protect your skin from sun damage
9. Cervical smear tests for women every 3-5 years
9. Breast examination for signs of lumps, dimples or puckering
10. Last but not the least, in case of any lump or doubtful mass, consult an Oncologist without delay.
Thyroid cancer affects the thyroid glands, which are located at the base of the throat. These glands produce thyroid hormones, which help in controlling the blood pressure, heart rate, weight and the body temperature.
Thyroid cancer is primarily of four types:
- Anaplastic carcinoma: This is the most severe type of thyroid cancer which is rare, but spreads extremely fast once the person is affected:
- Follicular carcinoma: This type of thyroid cancer can be cured, but it might relapse. Follicular cancer spreads quickly as well.
- Papillary carcinoma: This type of cancer is more common. It generally affects women who are still of reproductive age. The spread of papillary cancer is gradual and it is less dangerous than the types.
- Medullary carcinoma: This type occurs in the non thyroid cells in the thyroid gland. Medullary cancer is hereditary in nature.
Thyroid cancer has the following signs and symptoms:
- Lumps in the anterior neck, close to the Adam's apple.
- Enlarged glands in the neck
- Swallowing difficulties
- Complications in breathing
- Neck or throat pain
- Persistent cough without any signs of a cold.
In Ayurveda, cancer is seen as a hindrance to the life force. The cancer cells lack prana (oxygen) and produce a growth beyond the life force. It is the result of the dominance of any of the three: 'vata', 'kapha' or 'pitta' in the body. Ayurveda is all about balancing the energies in the body. Polluted environment, processed food loaded with preservatives and salts, and certain other factors can greatly affect the 'vata', 'kapha' and 'pitta'. Thyroid is the result of an aberration in the "kapha" dosha in the body.
The endocrine system produces hormones, which help in the overall functioning of the body. The 'kapha' dosha holds the endocrine system together. The thyroid glands are an important part of the body; they are a major endocrine system. Herbs that can help with thyroid cancer:
- Black pepper
My age is 24. I am female. My number of spectacles is -5.50. My mensuration cycle is of 40-42 days. My teeth are also not grown properly. Upper right incisor teeth is still milk teeth. My breast are also not properly grown according to my age. Is there any deficiency in my body? Please help.
A breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that may find lumps of other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.