Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Anupama Borkar BhagiaYour feedback matters!
Why don't people understand there can not be a cure for cancer? The cell is mutated it can not just be reverted back to a normal cell.
2 years back I had a lump in my breast after diagnose, I got to know it was fibroid and I got operated for the same. Dr. Pls tell me is that possible that it can happen again. Cz currently I feel there little tiny lump in my breast it's smaller than a piece of rice. Pls advice me is that serious or what precautions I should take.
I am using susten gel 8.0. Today I am in 29 th day. Feel pain in breast when I touch it. So it could be a sign of?
The development of abnormal cells that can spread to other areas of the body is known as cancer. It has about 100 types and includes cancer of the skin, lung, prostate gland and so on. Compared to normal body cells that follow a proper path of cell division, growth, and termination, cancer cells don't die but continue to develop and divide.
Holistic treatment of cancer involves purification and strengthening of body's immune system.
Ayurvedic treatment of cancer comprises an all-around approach keeping in mind your temperament and body characteristics, the affected energies in the body as well as the tissues involved. More importantly, the treatment focuses not only on the malignant spot but your entire body system. This is because Ayurveda believes in restoring harmony to your entire being for the ailment to be treated effectively so as to prevent its recurrence.
The treatment plan involves the purification of the body and of the toxins that influence the cells to attack your body. Certain blood cleansing herbs are administered alongside the recommendation of a detoxifying diet. To stimulate blood flow in your body, herbs that improve blood circulation are prescribed by a practitioner. This renders an efficient removal of toxins, prevents stagnant blood from forming and assists in the healing process of your tissues. Since it's a debilitating disease, herbs and minerals that boost your immunity are also suggested.
What are the holistic methods of treating cancer according to Ayurveda?
The treatment methods for cancer include:
- Elimination of toxins from the body through Panchakarma (a therapy that involves five cleansing procedures)
- Abstinence from lifestyle and foods that lead to the imbalance of the tridosha namely, vata (air), pitta (heat) and kapha (water and earth forces)
- Restitution of the functions of your digestive system
- Rejuvenation through a special form of treatment called rasayanas
- Recommendations on Ayurvedic preparations that can be taken along with radiotherapy or chemotherapy
- Suggestions on Ayurvedic medications for minimizing the side effects of the various cancer therapies
In addition to these, treatment also involves suggesting ways to relax the mind. Yoga, meditation, and praanayam (an ancient practice involving ways to control your breath) are some of the ways that are recommended for bringing about deep personal healing for cancer patients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Top 10 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Acidity ?
I am 51 year Old, Male, Had BPH TURP last october. But still I feel pain in the root of the penis and frequent urge to urinate at bed time also. Kindly Advise.
Dear Dr's I using tobacco products like chain, and cigarette in last one & half years. My question is how to avoid or precautions about cancer. please Give me a sujetion.
After Radiation for oral cancer, I got dry mouth and burning sensation on tongue, can it be restored? If could be restored then how?
My uncle recently have been detected with food pipe cancer. Presently he is under treatment of radiation only as chemo he is/his body not able to sustain. Cricoid region had been affected. Is there any other option of treatment.
Sir my cousin had breast cancer and had undergone surgery and chemotherapy .according to report is triple negative. Is any chance to occur again.
I am 62 Years old. During health check up and through scan Doctor found out that I have prostrate enlargement. I am taking typlin C.
The Pap Smear Test or the Pap Test is a screening test for cervical cancer. This test helps in detecting the possible growth and presence of precancerous as well as cancerous cells within the cervix - the opening of the uterus. This test was named after the doctor who discovered its use when it comes to detecting the signs of the early onset of this kind of cancer.
Let us find out more about the Pap Smear Test:
- Reasons: The main reason behind getting a Pap Smear Test done on a regular basis is to rule out any risk or sign of cervical cancer. Also, it can help in detecting the 40 sexually transmitted viruses that may be lurking around in your system. It is a fact that genital warts are born from the presence of the Human Papillomavirus or HPV which can be of 100 different types - out of which 40 lead to STDs. These STDs can be the start point of cervical cancer.
- HPV and the Pap Smear test: The Pap Smear Test may not be able to detect the exact kind of virus, but it can easily detect any cellular growth and changes that may be caused due to the virus. This helps in homing on to the risk or the beginning of cancer. In case this is detected, then the treatment can start before the problem becomes too difficult to manage.
- Candidates: The perfect candidates for the Pap Smear Test include women who have crossed the age of 21 years or above. Also, women who have a weak immune system due to the presence of the HIV virus also need to get this test done regularly as they are prone to risk of contracting cancer and infections, more than others. Once a woman over 30 years of age has had three normal Pap Smear readings in a row, she can ask her doctor to schedule her for a Pap Smear Test once in five years.
- Preparation: To begin with, you must ensure that you are not menstruating on the day of the test, in which case it will have to be rescheduled. Avoid having sex at least a few nights before the test as well.
- Procedure: The procedure for the test is pretty quick, but a little uncomfortable. The doctor will ask you to lie down before putting your legs up in stirrups and then insert a speculum into the vagina so as to extract sample cells for testing. The scraping action may cause mild pain later.
Get in touch with your doctor about getting regular Pap Smears to rule out the possibility of cervical cancer.
My stool reports showed Puss: occasional Macrophages: 1-2/hpf All the other things including occukt blood was absent Can I have cancer?
Sir/ madam I'm 23 years old I noticed that small size ball in my left side breast I noticed this 1 and half year back some times it will be small some times it will increase the I dnt know what is this please help me to know about it thank u.
My mom 45 years old, right neck level 3 recurrence of suggestive squamous cell carcinoma well differentiated perineal invasion identified which case known as tongue cancer op/rt/ct Please tell me what is the current situation of my mom health because now doctor said we gave all treatment now nothing possible. But she had surgery last September and rt/ct. And again surgery done this may after that we not taken any treatment doctor given only methotrexate chemo Drug's because they said for the first time only she received all treatment until 2 years we can't suppose to give any palliative chemo/DR. Sir is this the same related to tongue cancer or this is new cells like skin cancer because now we have only options trying some ayurvedic medicine so if we know exactly about this that we can get suitable medicine.
Hi, My Age 30 suffering from Granulomatous inflammation in right breast I had done mammography and sonography the report say-Finding in the right breast are Probably benign (BIRADS-3. And now I had done a FNAC the report say-Features consistent with Granulomatous inflammation. Excisional Biopsy will be conclusive. But my doctor say me Excisional biopsy is not needed as I don't have pain or fever. She prescribed me clarithromycin 500mg and defzacort now. Pls suggest me as I wanted a opinions from yours Thankingyou.
Breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that help in detecting lumps or other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same.