Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Cone Biopsy
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
From the past 2-3 days blood is coming along with bulgum from my nose! Is it sign of a cancer? I have stopped smoking 1 month ago and was a casual smoker not chain!
One of my relative in germany is suffering from blood cancer (CML) and tasigna 150 mg is prescribed for her. She will be in india soon. Can anyone pls tell whats the cost of this med in india and is there any alternate med for the same with cheaper price. Pls do tell. As I am worried. Thanks in advance.
1. Regular exercise - at least 30 mins of exercise 4 times a week
2. Avoid smoking
3. Avoid alcohol consumption
4. Over-weight and obese individuals have a higher incidence of breast cancer. Maintain your weight in the normal range
5. Be breast aware - do regular self examinations
6. Clinical breast examination by an experienced breast surgeon after the age of 35 years (annually)
7. Regular mammograms after 40 years of age
8. If there is a family history of breast cancer, do consult your oncologist to discuss your risk of breast cancer.
I am having some problem with urine frequency and lower pressure of urine and have to apply more force while passing urine. Is there any need to go for any prostate test etc. While I am having sound sleep of 6-8 hrs and not waking up for the urination. Please suggest me some remedy, proper diet and exercise.
She had cervical cancer but radiation and chemotherapy were given. As well hyperthermia. Cycle of chemo every week once total 5 given. Was around radiation 24 days. Before dat womb bag were removed coz blood discharge was der. At dat moment after removing womb bag cancer detect. Now approx 3 years passed. She is well because of almighty maa. Now want to ask wat is generally life expectancy of that people after treatment. She is taking timely tablet and I keep happy her. Not trying to give tension. Pls help me doctor regarding dis. Type of cancer sumthng magline.
I have three fully impacted wisdom teeth. But they are not infected. From last 6 months I have jaw, throat, ear, tongue & tooth pains. Meanwhile I suffered from throat infection which was due to Enterobacter clocae. I have also reactive lymphnodes in neck. Can impacted wisdom teeth cause all such symptoms?
I am 22 years old girl, I had an injury near my left breast 4 years back. But now I feel pain in that area I have painkillers bt no relief I get. I feel the pain while sleeping also. There is no mark but a very small lump I feel in my breast whenever I press that injured area. Please suggest me wht should I do or which specialist should I consult because nowadays m feeling the pain more frequently. Is there any tests required to detect the actual cause behind the pain? Please suggest me what should I do.
My father has enlarged prostate and liver. He has the habit of alcohol and smoking. What might be the further complication.
Sir my brother normally he don't have any problem bt for the certain period he will be feel depressed and say that I have cancer diseases and like that. And now its last stage and sometime say I have a big diseases doctor told to our relative. Like he is doing like that for last 10 yrs. Bt not alway he will do like that only for 10 days in a year or may be once in 6 month. Even doctor checked him they don't found any diseases like that. So please help me I think he have some psychological problem. And at last I would like to inform you that he run a shop of furniture hardware.
I'm 76 years old person. Ultrasound of abdomen has revealed prostate enlargement with urine retention of nearly 22 ml. I am put on tablets veltam 0.4 mg. Since last year. But the urgency and frequency of passing urine persists. Am I put on correct medicine or some other medicines are recommended for my prostatic problem. At this advanced age I am scared of undergoing surgery. Please advise. I will be thankful.
What causes a breast lumps for girls? And what way or medicine to be taken or the best treatment to be prescribed.
Colon cancer is cancer that starts in the large intestine (colon). In most cases it begins as a non-malignant group of cells called polyps, which may turn cancerous over time. After the formation of the malignant tumors, the cancerous cells may spread to other parts of your body through lymph and blood channels. It can occur together with rectal cancer and is known as colorectal cancer.
Causes of Colon Cancer
The occurrence of colon cancer may depend on the presence of precancerous polyps in the colon. Adenomas polyps may turn cancerous, but are removable through colonoscopy. Hyperplastic polyps rarely become cancerous, whereas inflammatory polyps may become cancerous after the inflammation of the colon.
Other risk factors that may influence the occurrence of colon cancer are,
- Genetics: about 20% colon cancers are thought to be caused by mutation of the genes.
- Age: those over the age of 50 are more likely to develop colon cancer, though now it is also increasingly affecting younger people.
- Lifestyle: it is more likely to affect people who lead a sedentary lifestyle, smoke tobacco or are obese.
- Diet: it is more likely to affect those whose diets are high in red meats, calories, and fat while being low in fiber. Alcohol consumption may also affect its occurrence.
- Medical conditions: people who suffer from diabetes, acromegaly (growth hormone disorder) and colitis etc, may also be prone to develop colon cancer.
Warning Signs of Colon Cancer
Colon cancer generally goes undetected in the early stages. The symptoms vary with the location, spread and size of the tumor. In the earlier stages of cancer, most people experience no symptoms, but in the later stages they may experience one or more of these symptoms:
- Change in bowel habits such as diarrhea, constipation or change in consistency of stools; lasting more than a month
- Blood in stool or bleeding from the rectum
- Pain during passage of stool
- Pain, cramps or gas in the abdominal region
- Frequent urges to pass stool
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Unexpected weight loss
However, these symptoms may not necessarily indicate colon cancer. They can occur in the absence of colon cancer too.