Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anupam Malpani
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Anupam MalpaniYour feedback matters!
I am 36 years old male and have right side NLD (eye) blocked for last 5 years before 5 years operation on NLD in Delhi AIMS but that time was successful but now this time always a tiny collection of pus what should I do?
I can't read small letters on labels. I am 44. Any exercise available to reduce eye strain and get back normal vision?
I am a 28 years old and have eye heat and head ache pain. What should I do this problem? Please help me.
I am 19 years of old . I am very sad because I am suffering from eye visual problem . It is called retinitis PIGMENTOSA . It is a genetic eye disease. Day to day my eye vision is decreasing . I am the only hope for my family . If I gone my family will also gone and I do not want to become blind bcz I have to do lot of things. For our country. I want my vision back . Is it possible ? Should I hope that I will get my vision back bcz it is very important for me and my family . I am requesting you that please help me . If you know any other kind of treatment for this please tell me . Do not ignore this because I am a middle class boy . I know that you can understand that how it is pain for my family .
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.