Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Anup GuptaYour feedback matters!
Sir mai 18 saal ka hu and mere gf 16 saal ki hai and uska period 1/7/16 ko hota hai and hm dono 18/7/16 ko sex krne jaa rahe 1st time I mean wo apni virginty loose karne wali hai so sir without any risk or any prblm kya kya rule follow karu please puri neccesary rule hmko batao. And meri penis sir long and thick hai toh please sir mere hlp karo. OR sbse aachi or perimimum condom k naam batao jo best rahega. Please tell.
Now my baby is 5month old. I am giving only breast milk to her. Last one week I felt that I am not having enough milk to satisfy her. I will not want to give any formula milk. Can you please suggest me some food to increase breastmilk.
I am 25 yrs old unmarried female. I do not have my periods regularly. The interval is too much in my cycle. What should I do?
I am married since 2 years and I and my wife are planning for a baby since last 6 months but she is not conceiving and I am very about and want to know is there any way to weather the problem is with me or my wife so that we can take treatment accordingly please help.
My menses is irregular for some months I have also thyroid problem. What can I do and i am continuously gaining my weight what can I do?
Lumps are usually harmless and do not raise serious concerns. However, if the lump persists for more than two weeks, it may be a serious issue. Lumps are categorized based on their place of occurrence and each of them demand separate treatment. Learn the signs of danger related to lumps and take action accordingly.
Reason behind formation of Lumps
Injury is one of the major causes behind lumps. If the lump is painful, one must consult a doctor immediately. There can be various other causes behind lumps, which depend upon its place of occurrence.
- Epidermoid and pilar cysts (sebaceous cysts) appear as small smooth lumps under the surface of one’s skin. Such cysts are non-cancerous, hence, can be treated easily.
- Swollen lymph glands generally occur in neck or in groin or under the armpit. Usually, any infection results in swollen lymph glands. However, in certain cases it may be caused by cancer.
- Skin abscess is a term given to collection of pus. e.g. boils. Symptoms of skin abscess consist of redness and swelling.
- Style or Chalazion causes swelling on the eyelids.
- Lump in the salivary glands happens due to mumps
- Swelling in the thyroid glands may cause lump in the neck region. This lump may encompass the entire third gland or a part of it.
- Breast lumps occur in both men and women. Generally, they do not indicate breast cancer. Any abnormal swelling in the breast must be immediately shown to the doctor.
- Hernia or enlarged lymph gland may result in a lump in the groin.
- If a person experiences swelling in the scrotum, he must immediately consult a doctor.
- Lump in the anus can be caused due to piles. The small vessels engulfing the anus may get swelled piling up more blood than usual. Other than a pile, abscess could also be the reason behind lump.
- Lump on the hand, wrist, finger may occur due to ganglion. Such cysts may develop around joints or tendons.
Signs which indicate you must get your lump checked by a doctor
- If the lump gets hard or firm
- If the lump gets sore
- If the lump gets enlarged
- If the lump doesn’t vanish within few days
- If your body temperature rises more than normal
- If you experience abnormal loss in weight
- If you experience any such abnormalities
- If the lump reappears post removal
If any of the above sign occurs, it is better to consult a doctor and get your lump checked. In most cases, lumps are harmless and non-cancerous. But it is better to take precaution.
For any specific problem or for any further discussion, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.