Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AnujYour feedback matters!
Exclusively for a DENTIST- Hi, I had to undergo a root canal and filling and a temporary tooth had to be placed 2 days ago cause my front 3 tooth broke in an accident. They call it trauma. How long should I wait until I can start smoking and drinking alcohol again? And tomorrow will be my last day of medication, a pain killer and an antibiotic. No pains.
I am 24 years old, male. I have been suffering from mouth related problem. Every time when I eat spicy junk food, then mouth ulcers occur. I have taken vitamin c. Tablet but it. Does. No relief.
Today I spitted blood from my mouth whill spitting and continued the same for 15 minutes and after that it stopped itself, I am not having gums or throat problem, what could b the reason behind it. Please note that I drink cold drink half an hour after taking neeri (urine cleaner) and after that problem started.
Dr. I have my wisdom tooth coming out. I went to the dentist and she gave me ketorol Dt as the pain killer. But it is hardly controlling my pain for 3 hrs and I have to take it again after 3-4 hrs. Is it safe to take it like this?
My teeth colour is light yellow. How can I make them white. I tried many toothpastes but didn't workout. Suggest me a good way to do it. And also if I brush in hot water will the yellowness increase or decrease or it doesn't have any effect? pls tell me. Thank you:):
I have mouth infection some what like ulcer, so that I am unable to eat drink anything, so please tell me which treatment should I take.
I have mouth ulcers problem from many days I get that frequently please help me out from here I tried many tablets but none effected.
I have tested negative for hsv1 and hsv2 but I have mouth ulcers and swelling of vermilion center with brown pus filled in it, doctor suggested momate of an oral gel, just would like to know what other conditions can cause this please.
Small swelling in the right underside of the jaw. Happened after vigorously brushing the teeth. At present no pain, but swelling persists. How to get rid of the swelling?
Meri. 44 months ki bebi k jabaan me chale jesa ho jata hai phir apne aap thik ho jata hai ye kis vajah se hai me use iron cacium multi vitamins de rahi thi but us vajah se band kar di.
My sister is 18 years old. There has become several holes inside her mouth and lips and upper side of lips. There are white cover on the holes. She can't move her mouth, can't eat, can't talt properly, it is painful. Please doctors consult her some medicine.
Smile designing or smile makeover is the cosmetic process of improving the appearance of one’s smile. Since smile is the most commonly used way to communicate non-verbally, it is of utmost importance to have a winning smile that exudes confidence; this cosmetic procedure helps give you just that. Many people don’t have good smile, they might be too conscious about their teeth or worry about the fine lines on their faces. Smile designing helps one to alter their as per what they desire.
Techniques used by a cosmetic dentist to enhance or correct their patient’s smile:
1. Whitening: This procedure is used for people who have yellow or discolored teeth. The cosmetic dentist makes a chemical mixture containing peroxide and then the concoction is applied on the teeth for the discoloration to fade away. 2 to 3 sittings can give you satisfactory results.
2. Bonding: This procedure is performed on people who want to fix teeth that are broken or chipped. The dentist usually applies an acrylic material on the tooth that can be shaped and contoured to fit perfectly on the chipped tooth.
3. Enamel shaping: The dentist removes very little amount of enamel (tooth’s outer layer) to re-shape the tooth, if excess enamel makes the smile look uneven and odd.
4. Crowns and bridgework: This procedure replaces any missing tooth. Prosthetic tooth or teeth are made to help match your real teeth so that it doesn’t look superficial or out of place.
5. Gum contouring: You might also have uneven gums, which don’t complement your face and teeth. In such a case, gum contouring shapes your gums to help you achieve that perfect smile.
6. Veneers: The frontal portion of the teeth is fixed by applying a thin layer of porcelain like material on it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 29 years old having teeth pain while eating and drinking cool water, some times it even swells near the left cheek. so, please suggest me what to do.
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.