Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anmol Mehra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anmol MehraYour feedback matters!
Will sex during 8 the day of 28-32 days cycle will cause pregnancy? If yes which days are safe to have sex?
I'm 30 years old married women. My husband is 30 years old. We are planning from past 3 years. I have a cyst in my ovary and I have eggs problem also. I have not got pregnant. I consulted doctors and she said" my all reports are normal" please suggest me how can I get pregnant naturally?
Today is my 11 day after iui is done in the morning I have seen white discharge is it a sign of pregnancy? Please advice.
I am 21 year old girl, my boobs are large in size ,it bothers me so much ,how can I reduce their size.
An eating disorder, mostly appears when your food habits reach levels of extremity. Anorexia nervosa and Bulimia are two main and the most common eating disorders found in men and women. One is the lower extreme while the other is the higher extreme in terms of food intake.
1. Anorexia: People who are affected with anorexia think of themselves to be very overweight in spite of actually being very slim and thin. Anorexia inflicted people consume less than a thousand calories per day. They exercise rigorously and try to find more ways to lose weight. They vomit a lot due to the insufficient diet and suffer more. The treatment for anorexia nervosa generally includes a mix of mental treatment, and regulated weight gain program. An anorexia patient should seek treatment as early as possible. The best ways to deal with anorexia are:
Psychological Treatment: Various psychological treatments can be used to cure anorexia of different stages. They are cognitive analytic therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal therapy, focal psychodynamic therapy. A family's response is also an important psychological factor. Proper encouragement and effort should be given.
Weight gain program: This measure will guide an anorexic patient to improve his diet habits and slowly gain weight. A patient is monitored carefully, traits are recognized and a likewise diet pattern is given.
2. Bulimia: Bulimia nervosa is another category of eating disorder. The main characteristic of this disorder is overeating in the highest level. Binge eating is observed, followed by attempts by the affected individual to lose weight. A bulimic patient is constantly trapped in the cycle of overeating and then thinking about losing weight.
Maybe you do not like the idea of binge eating and fear getting obese, but once affected by bulimia a patient cannot follow this and binge eats. Later, they adopt extreme measures for losing weight. The primary methods to deal with bulimia are:
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy, or talk therapy includes examining your bulimia and related issues with an expert. It is proven that these sorts of psychotherapies restrict the symptoms of bulimia. The three modes of psychotherapy include- Cognitive-behavioral therapy, Family-based therapy and Interpersonal psychotherapy.
- Medications: Medicines such as anti-depressants can be taken by bulimia patients along with psychotherapy. Prozac is a recommended and effective medicine.
- Proper diet plan: For bulimia affected patients, having a proper balanced diet is very essential. A diet expert should be consulted, who will make the most essential food pattern for you. Undertaking a weight loss program is also recommended.
Eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia should be avoided, and you should know the best ways to deal with them.
The female reproductive organ is an area of the human body where many microbial organisms inhabit together and it is a necessary requirement for its health. These organisms may include fungi and bacteria and play important roles individually in maintaining the pH levels (the acidic and alkaline balance) levels of the vagina. However, when one of these, especially the fungi go out of balance and begin to propagate, it results in a vaginal yeast infection.
A yeast infection or vaginal candidiasis is a fungal infection that causes extreme itchiness of the vulva (which is the opening of the vagina) and the further insides of the vagina as well. It may result in a white discharge from time to time and causes vaginal inflammation. Some of the other symptoms are:
- Pain in the vagina akin to a burning sensation while urinating or when having sex
- Rashes in the vagina
- General soreness and pain
- White odorless discharge, which is thick in consistency
- Colorless watery discharges can occur as well
- Swelling and redness near the vulva or the vagina in general
The type of fungi that causes vaginal yeast infections is the ‘candida fungus’. Usually, this fungus is present within the vagina, but is kept in check by the Lactobacillus bacteria. These are bacteria naturally present within the vagina and secrete acids, which keep the fungi in check. However, when the levels of bacteria are reduced, it will cause the levels of fungi to increase causing a yeast infection.
The below mentioned factors can aggravate the risks of this disease:
- Problems brought on by diabetes
- A compromised immune system
- Pregnancy may also disturb the balance
- Starting to use or stopping the use of oral contraceptive pills
- Hormone therapy
- Usage of antibiotics that may kill off lactobacillus bacteria within the vagina
Generally, yeast infections are not considered to be sexually transmitted, although yeast infection could be spread through sexual contact as well.
The primary treatment includes a course of anti fungal oral medication to lessen the levels of the fungi within your vagina. It could be supplemented with vaginal creams, which may reduce the itching and the inflammation. If you have recurrent infection multiple times within a year, then you may have to go for a longer course of treatment and correct the underlying conditions that may be causing it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.