Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Anmol MehraYour feedback matters!
My daughter 25 years of age unmarried is having irregular periods since the last 5 months. Periods after 20 days or after 40 days varying every alternate month. What should she take. Periods are normal.
Doctor i am a 21 year old girl I have missed my periods its being 10 days now. I didnt had sex. I and my boyfriend we both were together at the time of my ovulation we huge each other. He was just wet due to arousal but both of us were dressed up. And didn't do anything which could lead to pregnancy. But as I hv missed my periods and I feel wetness and there is a mucus discharge. Please tell me its just that my periods are late due to hormonal imbalance.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.
Factors that are making you prone to pcod! + how you can manage it
A problem of the body's endocrine system (a system of hormone producing glands), polycystic ovarian disease (or pcod) affects about 18% of indian women. Women in the age group of 15-30 years make up the majority of the victims of this disease. Although the root cause of this problem is still unknown, it can be a result of:
A family history of pcod can increase your risk of developing the endocrine disorder. Even a family history of obesity or diabetes can increase your prospect of developing pcod.
2. Low-grade inflammation
Inflammation occurs when the body's white blood cells (wbcs) produce substances to fight harmful matter that attack the body. A disruption of this natural response of the body can cause low-grade inflammation (a mild but sustained inflammatory response brought on by microbial bacteria called endotoxin). As a consequence, it causes the stimulation of polycystic ovaries to create more androgens (male sex hormones) than female sex hormones. This brings about the appearance of pcod symptoms such as ovulation problem, growth of excessive body and facial hair.
3. Excessive insulin production
Excessive insulin (a hormone produced by the pancreas) production occurs when the cells of the body become resistant to insulin. It causes an increase in the production of androgens, in turn affecting the ovaries' ability to release eggs during ovulation.
Although not a direct cause of the disorder, being obese can increase your chances of pcod significantly. The excess fat in the body can worsen your insulin resistance, and can consequently bring about an increase in the androgen levels, causing weight gain in the end.
5. Unhealthy eating habits
Irregular meal timings and poor eating habits (a diet rich in sugars and carbohydrates) can make you prone to obesity, a risk factor of pcod.
How to manage the problem of pcod?
Although the condition doesn't have a permanent cure, the symptoms can be easily managed by employing these ways:
- limit the intake of refined sugars and carbohydrates to counter the imbalance of insulin and glucose
- exercise for 30-60 minutes a day to boost metabolism for weight loss as well as control of insulin levels
- avoid coffee and other caffeine stimulants that may cause an increase in the production of insulin
- avoid dairy based products and red meat
- include lean meat in your diet
- avoid saturated fats (found in baked foods and lamb, cheese and other dairy products) to control your cholesterol levels
- consume foods that have a low glycaemic index (a scale for determining the effect of food on blood sugar level) such as brown rice, wheat pasta and wholegrain.
I am 4 months pregnant means 18 weeks. In last ultrasound in 3rd month of pregnancy doctor found low plactna.So what precautions should I do so that baby will not hurt as doctors said not to travel and dont go upstairs. Can I have intercourse once a week?
'No' appears to be a very simple and straightforward word. However, it can be shockingly hard to say. People most of the time agree to things that they really do not want. Since they would preferably feel overburdened and low rather than disappoint somebody, saying "no" feels easier to maintain connections with people.
The repercussions of this absence of disagreement is critical. By overcommitting ourselves, we are actually consuming the majority of our positive energy and using it somewhere where you might not want to. This takes away from our common character and quality. It leaves us tired and we meet each day like it is simply one more battle. We also give up our own requirements for space, stillness, relaxation and imagination and are bound to our state.
To stay away from this, we must know about our own necessities and priorities for both mental and physical well-being and joy. For this, one may have to know when saying "yes" will fulfill your requirement for rest, relaxation or self-awareness. When one does this, their unfounded dread of not being socially acceptable from saying "no" will go away gradually.
Here are three reasons why saying "no" can prove to be beneficial:
- You will have additional time: The extra time made by saying "no" will, at any rate, prevent that forced clock from ticking. It will make you feel like you are in control. This can truly lighten up your mood and lift your anxiety and bolster your health. Rather than saying yes to going out for lunch or a party that you feel obligated to go to, but might not want to, simply try to say no. You will automatically feel happier when you are sitting at home, relaxing rather than forcefully socialising.
- You will be less remorseful: At first, you may be reluctant to state "no" because of a paranoid fear of passing up a major opportunity or the fear of missing out. As a general rule, nonetheless, in case that you need to state "no," odds are you have much better explanations for you not being there. If you do go for it, you might regret it afterwards thinking that you could have done something better with your time rather than having completely wasted it.
- Your associates will respect you for it: No one wants that they should be taken for granted. However, in case that you continue saying "yes" to each demand or opportunity, that is precisely how individuals will come to see you. The more you say "yes," the more individuals will generally expect things of you. This could prompt to a drop in your status and position and loss of control over others.
Hi I am a 25 year woman. Trying to conceive. This month my period date was on 10th. But I have missed it. Today morning I had tested by home pregnancy kit named prega news but the result comes negative. I haven't faced any implementation bleeding. Is there possibility to being pregnant? N. B I have thyroid. Having medicine Thyronorm 112.5. Last tested on December. Tsh & T3 was normal. T4 was little bit (. 5) more than normal.
Need to know the chances of blighted ovum again as I had it last june now I am pregnant again cery nervous.
I have checked pregnancy test 4 times within a month and every result I get negative but my wife's late period for a month. So what it means. Also I want to know about HCG test of different brands kit.can it provide a wrong results or not. What we should do about my wife's late period.
Meri wife 2 months ki pregnant h. Par use stomach me timely timely pain ho raha h. Aur use bohot jada weakness ho raha h.
I had unprotected sex with my gf one week ago. Is there any chances of getting infected? What is STD?
Hi, mine is irregular period so doc has advised me to take deviry to get my periods so I took it for five days, bow its been 9 days, from last three days having white discharge with blood with lot of abdomen n back pain but still normal bleeding, this is the first time happing for me, please guide me what should I do. Thanks:)
Resolutions often spring from guilt about failure of willpower, when the focus can be on developing new portion awareness and habits that will work throughout the year. The goal isn’t to shun foods but to be mindful of the portions we’re eating while we’re eating them.
Mitalee Doshi’s PORTION-SMART STRATEGIES
- Take a healthy portion (on a small plate), sit down, and eat slowly, savoring every bite. The longer you take to eat a portion, the less likely it is that you will reach for seconds. It takes time for the body to begin signaling satiety.
- Eat fried or sweets in small portions may be 1 or 2 pieces.
- Whenever you indulge in fried foods or sweets cut down the consumption of carbohydrates like chapati or pasta or bread or rice and Have more Salads and soups.
- Have grilled , steamed, baked or roasted dishes instead of fried ones.
- Avoid eating too heavy and spicy food late night as it causes acidity & bloating.
-Have fibre rich foods
Have more salads , stir fried vegetables,pulses,fruits .Fibre takes care of stomach satiety and controls bingeing on unhealthy snacks.
- First order for soups & salads and then go to the main course .
- Opt for vinegar or olive oil salad dressing instead of ceaser or thousand island or mayonnaise dressing.
- Drinking plenty of water & green tea will help perk up your metabolism and ease digestion of high calories.
- Exercise more to help burn extra calories consumed.
Have a Smart & Healthy Welcome to 2016
Nutrition & Wellness Expert