Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ankur Sharma
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Ankur SharmaYour feedback matters!
My wife have back pain last 4- 5 years,Spin L4/L5 sacrelisation,doing daily morning related exercise.But now she complaining knee sweling and all body joints paining.Presently doc have given proteins and Calcium medicine consuming and as well as physiotherapy (TFT Traction,massage) from last one week. Can you advise for any further diagnostic examination?
Recently my father met with an accident his leg has fractured. Can I know best diet for bone healing?
I used to have pimples on my back, chest, arms and face. Over the years I assume I out grew most of it. But I'm now having persistent pimples all over my face. While my back and chest are basically all cleared. What can I do?
Hello Doctor, I have middle/mid back ache left side. I can't sit in a same place for more than 10 minutes without back support. This never use to happen before and I go for gym I can't lift weights in my left hand like I used to do before. Left hand has become little weak. Though I don't put pressure on my back while lifting weights but still I have got this problem.
Sometimes while walking my right leg knee is getting sound and getting pain also my age is 25. Height 5.11 weight 73 kgs. Its occurring 10 times a day from 1 month onwards Click click sound is coming.
My heel bones (calcaneus) gets pain while standing for few minutes. It pain since November 2016. Kindly advice reason of pain.
FOOT TOE PAIN. MRI DONE FOUND- Mild disc bulge at L4-5 level with ligamentum flavum thickening casing ventral thecal sac indentation and mild encroachment into bilateral recess and neutral foramina. Mild disc bulge noted L3-4 & L5-S1 level causing ventral thrcal sac indentation.
Hi, I would like to share a thing I admitted in one of private hospital due to injury in my thigh after that doctors examine x ray & said bone in thigh has broken ,mass ejection then they start blood test & after review report doctors said lack of blood in your body so you need 4 units of blood first of all & give some medicines & transfer glucose bottle in my body ,after 3 Days they told operation is on hold & We will do in next 15-20 Days due to blood flows in your body in these days. So ,my concern is it may be any problem in patient health lift the blood after how much time he eligible for operation. Is it right method?
I have very pain in my back I take lots of medicines but I never feel better I always feel back pain please help meee plz.
Fibromyalgia is a condition that causes chronic pain in muscles, soft tissues, tendons, and joints. For some, it can also cause memory problems, fatigue, mood swings and lethargy. Fibromyalgia is not a disease but a syndrome. The same can be effectively managed through wellness, medicine, massage and alternative medicine. This condition is more observed in women than man. Luckily through, this condition is not life threatening and does not damage muscle and joints.
What are the symptoms?
The most common symptom of Fibromyalgia is the pain. The experience of pain can be burning, deep, shooting or ache at regular intervals. Tender points around the soft tissue can be visible. This worsens at night. Some common indications of this condition include less sleep, headaches, depression, fatigue and other cognitive issues. With proper care the symptoms do improve, it, however, is a long-term condition and chances are that the pain might return in the long run.
How does massage help?
- Massage can prove to be extremely beneficial for this lot. Research indicates that massages such as Shiatsu, myofascial release and Swedish improve the condition for better. Mentioned below are few benefits that have been observed in patients of different age group:
- An evening session with a massage therapist will help a patient to get sound sleep at night. This ensures that the body rejuvenates and repairs during the sleep. The patient feels more energetic than ever before.
- Massage improved muscle tonicity: Massage helps to improve the lethargic muscle aid strength and vitality to the body. It is essential to include more petrissage strokes during the massage session to accomplish the goal.
- Massage helps a great deal to improve mental clarity. A healthy, relaxing massage session can relieve mental stress, gives clarity to thinking and resolves the cognitive issues that a person is facing.
- A person suffering from Fibromyalgia can get relief from headache with proper massaging. Massage greatly improves the flow of blood to the brain and the spinal cord region thereby, ensuring that headache is greatly reduced. Relief from headache can improve the overall health of a patient.
- Massage can reduce the level of depression and anxiety faced by a person suffering from fibromyalgia. Depression and anxiety leads to hormonal fluctuations leading to appetite, mood swings, constant irritation etc. A regular massage session can restore the body homeostasis thereby keeping the body condition normal.
- Regular massage session will improve the overall pain level of the patient and give a chance to the muscle to gain extra strength. With proper care and therapy, it is entirely possible to cure the condition for good.
However, it is also necessary to continue with the session. Giving up massage therapy after temporary relief won’t serve the purpose for long-term pain relief. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.