Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ankur J ShahYour feedback matters!
I'm 20 years old, pain in legs from last 2 days, feeling weakness, mucus, li'l headache, low hunger. Pls tell me what these symptoms says!
Im 21 year old and from the last 3 days Im not able to eat properly as I once had food poisoning too. Please help me!
I am suffering from ulcerative colitis I had it a year ago now I have it again please suggest some remedial measures for it.
My digest system is too poor. I have to go twice or sometimes thrice in a day. Sometimes if I am planning to go outside. I need to go for toilet before that. May be its mental? this problem I am facing from long time. Please suggest somethiing. I am doing regular exercise. So suggest any yoga of excersice to improve digest.
I am 28 year old male. I am suffering from the problem of acidity and headache from last few days. Due to which I got irritated soon. Kindly suggest cure.
My digestive system is not working properly, I have tried various medicine but problem is still there my stomach is not able to digest properly and I am not able to poop fully.
I am suffering from gas, and depression, and anxiety, I had diffuse gastritis andi feel the parasites are crawling down my stomach always.
I am facing acidity problem for many year and have been taking medicines, but now I wand to stop this medicine so kindly refer some home made solution for it.
In last 3 week my digestive system is not well. 1 or 2 days I don't have motion then in my penis a white substance collected that's why I feel week and please suggest me sir what I do?
Mujhe fissure ki problem h doctor ne mujhe operation btaya h mujhe operation se bda dar lgta h mai kya kru.
My wife suffering from SMA Syndrome, in recent CT scan it was proven, for last five years she had digestion problem, sometimes undigested food comes out in vomiting, now my question is that SMA curable? She is 26 years old.
I am 63 yes chronic sufferer of insomnia I b s vague fear anxiety depression. I b s rushes with urgency/can't reach toilet in time. No smell/taste. Facing all this from past 10 years. Losing interest in life. C B t/meditation useless. Want some medicine to stop immediately urge to empty bowels. Sometimes will not allow reaching bathroom. Please help me with good medicine for above.
My wife having gastric problem from more than a year, we have baby girl 1 year 4 month and since 5 month of pregnancy problem is there, post pregnancy 6 month she operate for gall bladder remove because of stone but till today she is struggling and at the time when she eat she burp in every bite than food goes in her stomach Thanks.
Your stomach is lined with a mucosal membrane known as the mucosa and due to a variety of factors, it may become inflamed. This inflammation may cause a lot of problems and complications which are grouped under gastritis.
Symptoms of gastritis
- Upper abdominal pain
- Reduction of appetite
- Blood in the stool amongst the others
Gastritis can be quite debilitating and limiting for the people affected by it.
The Ayurveda approach
Ayurveda is a holistic form of medicine which takes into account many factors rather than just the physical disposition and symptoms that strives to cure the patients of the illness in a well-rounded manner. To this effect, Ayurveda helps you treat this problem with multiple angles of attack such as herbal medications and special cleansing therapies among many others. Let’s take a look at some of the methods usually employed in various combinations among the patients.
- Changes in diet: Consuming any diet which has a lot of spicy and rich foods over prolonged periods may result in gastritis and other problems. If you already have gastritis, then certain other types of food also need to be excluded such as tea, coffee, sour foods, chilies and buffalo milk among others. These food groups are excluded as they may increase the acidity of the stomach which may cause an escalation of the problems. Some of the foods that may help with gastritis are grapes, pumpkins, bitter gourd, pomegranate, melons and cucumber, etc.
- Natural remedies: Some natural remedies that can be very effective in dealing with the symptoms of gastritis are mentioned below
- Ajwain and rock salt have been an age old remedy in treating multiple gastrointestinal disorders and can be effective in this case as well.
- Lemon juice is also very effective in treating symptoms or gastritis and also reducing inflammation.
- Take amla, ginger, and licorice either in a raw form or as a dried option or mixed with other things such as milk or honey. These help in regulating and reducing the acidity within the stomach.
- Ayurvedic medications: There are many specialized Ayurvedic medications which can be used to treat gastritis such as:
- Amalaki choorna
- Avipattikara choorna
- Sootashekhara rasa
- Sukumara Ghrita
- Dhatri Lauha
However, you should consult a specialist Ayurveda doctor as they can prescribe the correct medications for you after studying your specific symptoms.
My sister complains of blood in stools, the blood color is red and comes after passing stool. She has a small piles like swelling, and the motion is not hard. Please help if any diet changes are to be done and any emergency condition.
Liver, being the largest gland present inside the body, weighs almost 3 pounds. It is a vital organ of the human body and performs critical functions which are required for the normal functioning of the body. The liver makes protein which is required for blood clotting. The liver also produces many other enzymes which are required in cellular pathways.
In many cases, due to chronic or acute illnesses, a portion of the liver gets injured or damaged. In these cases, liver transplantation or hepatic transplantation under immunosuppressive drugs is a potentially successful treatment which can be performed by surgeons under ideal conditions.
When is a liver transplant necessary?
Liver transplant is a procedure to replace a diseased or necrosed liver with either a whole or a part of a healthy liver from a donor. This may come from a living or deceased donor. The surgery is extremely complicated with an average duration of 10-12 hrs. Before transplantation, liver support therapy might be indicated. A liver transplant is always the last option, for any liver-damaging conditions including alcohol abuse, hepatitis, and cancer.
Any condition leading to acute liver failure requires a liver transplant, provided that the recipient does not have other conditions that will fail a successful transplant.
Other potential causes leading to a liver transplant
A patient is advised for a liver transplant procedure when the liver is damaged to a condition where a cure is not possible. The many potential reasons that would need a person to undergo liver transplant are:
Viral hepatitis which includes all types of hepatitis (A, B, C, D, E) which are blood Bourne or transmitted through oral or fractal route.
- Acute and subacute necrosis of liver
- Alcoholic fatty liver
- Alcoholic cirrhosis of liver
- Chronic hepatitis
- Cirrhosis of liver without mention of alcohol
- Biliary cirrhosis
- Cystic fibrosis
- Benign neoplasm of liver and biliary passages
- Neoplasm of unspecified nature in digestive system
- Pure hypercholesterolemia
- Carcinoma of liver and biliary system
- Neoplasm of uncertain behavior in liver
- Disorders of bilirubin excretion
- Disorders of copper metabolism
- Congenital factor VIII disorder
- Congenital factor IX disorder
- Budd-Chiari syndrome
- Other chronic nonalcoholic liver disease
- Unspecified liver disease without mention of alcohol
- Other sequelae of chronic liver disease
- Other specified disorders of gallbladder
- Cholangitis, obstruction of bile duct
- Biliary atresia
- Perinatal jaundice due to hepatocellular damage
- Other specified perinatal disorders of digestive system
- Injury to liver
- Disorders of purine and pyrimidine metabolism
- Encephalopathy, unspecified
- Portal vein thrombosis
- Deficiencies of circulating enzymes
A liver transplant is suggested if other traditional treatments for liver disease aren’t enough to keep a person alive. Though waiting for a liver transplant is a long process, the surgery coordination happens quickly once you have a match. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.