Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ankita ShahYour feedback matters!
I'm 18 year old boy, I'm suffering from bad breath. Even after brushing twice a day and trying mouthwash and flossing. Why is it so? I have nasal allergy (dust) is this because of that? Please help.
I am having infections in my tongue on a very frequent basis. I am very worried about it. What should I do?
I am 39 year old, when I eat, laugh, press my upper part of stomach, body, drink cold water some green acid type saliva material come in throat. I also feel swelling in stomach. I am also suffering from acidic problem. Please suggest me what should I do?
Myth 1: Tooth Loss Is a Normal Part of Aging Process - The fact is that tooth loss is a result of an oral disease, not the aging process
Myth 2: When You Grow Old You Get Dry Mouth - Absolutely Incorrect. Dry mouth (Xerostomia) issues can affect people of all ages, but it is more prevalent in old age mainly due to the medications (decongestants, antihistamines, diuretics and antidepressants) that are consumed for various other health concerns.
Myth 3:Bleeding Gums Are Normal While Aging – Not true. Gum bleeding can occur due to various factors like gum diseases, pockets and it is not related only to aging.
Myth 4: Periodontal Disease Cannot Be Treated in Elders - False. With the combination of scaling to eliminate hardened plaque and infected gum tissue and antibiotics periodontal cases are treated successfully.
I feel some kind of smell in my mouth when talking. Suggest something regarding this. I brush regularly twice.
Sir, is there any problem when the lower molar tooth, which is a hole in large, are plucked in my 4 year old child. Please advise.
I am 19 years old, I have gummy smile, while I smile it looks like ugly, is there any solution my problem, if possible to solve my problem how much cost to solve my gummy smile?
I'm suffering from tooth problem. Always my mouth used to smell and while brushing bleeding taking place in my gums.
I have cavity in my wisdom tooth and now it started paining and I have consulted with dentist and he has suggested me to remove my wisdom tooth but I am little bit scared to removing it. So is it good option that we are removing our wisdom tooth?
I am 63 years old, suffering from pyorrhea on middle stage, advised to take teeth cleaned by dentist, should i?
My cousin have mouth breathsmell problem. I thnk he have pyrea problem in his teeth. sometimes he also having blood. Kindly suggest sm toothpaste or medicine.
Hey doctor, I recently broke a little part of my teeth while opening a metal object, and I am really shocked to see this as earlier it never happened. I am having calcium deficiency from past 3 months. Please can you suggest some cure for the same?
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, visit your dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.