Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Ankita ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 29 years old, an there is some problem on my tongue, some portion of my tongue is looks white, and its burning when I eat chilly or spicy curry's. And sometime paining on effected area, can you please tell me about this problem and solution.? Thank you.
I am a 21 year old female. I have a bad breathe problem in mouth and breathout by nose from past one year. What should I do? and how to stop my bad breath completely?
Hello sir, I have symptoms such as fever, cough, common cold and ulcers in mouth are refer to which diseases? This is serious or not? Please guide me.
I am on glivec 400 od for CML chronic phase for last 1 n 1/2 year achieved mmr in two consecutive rt pcr at a gap of 3 months. My recent problem is sour taste in every food except sweet one. Before this I suffered from bitterness of taste for about 4 months I tried soda /tooth paste/etc to change the ph but all in vein. My treating Dr. says you have to bear it is there any other advice.
The first checkup for your child should start as soon as he/she gets the first tooth. Remember it's parents responsibility to take care of their child's teeth to save them from necessary pain.Also don't not get your child's tooth extracted as it serves as a guide for the permanent teeth to come in proper position.
I am 18 years old and I have rashes on my mouth please help me that how I can get relief from these rashes.
I have mouth ulcers very often they hurt badly but if one goes away then the second comes as soon as possible and they all hurt and right now I have 3 mouth ulcers and 4th one is coming I'm afraid if I have a mouth cancer or not. Is it true that I have mouth cancer or it's something else? Please help me.
I am 62 years old male. Three months back I had sensitivity in the 14th upper teeth, mild pain so that unable to chew on the right side. Dental hospital gave me ampicilin 500 mg three times a day for one week. Sensitivity had gone in a fortnight and tooth pain gone in one month. But still there is some difficulty while chewing. Mean while since last two months I am feeling heaviness in my head and mild giddiness. I am bp patient 140/90 after medication (revalol xl 50 and envas 10). My sugar level fasting 110 after metformin 500 sr. What should I do for my giddiness and heaviness in my head.
I feel pain in teeth when I eat something cold or hot. I always use Colgate but my teeth colour is not white. It has different colour like mily.
I am 40 yrs old, my gums are receding up and as a result the roots of teeth are showing and a gap is created between gums and teeth. What is it? how will it be cured?
I have mouth ulcer it's sometimes goes away and again come up. It's generally happening due to cold and hot. It's irritating me. Please help.
I have pain my back teeth. I check my family doctor. And coming pass in back teeth he said its normal not any major issue. What I do.
Our teeth play a very important role in the overall well-being, from appearance to nutrition to speech. Good oral and dental health is one of the most important aspects of overall health and well-being. From reducing infections to good overall nutrition, taking good care of dental health is has its rich dividends.
Taking care of teeth is not difficult, however. Inculcated early in life, these habits can become a routine and come with ease.
- Brushing: Brushing twice a day to remove the food deposits and keep the dental surfaces clean will go a long way in preserving your teeth. They will be healthy, free of decay and will be strong and will last longer. Learn the right technique of brushing from your dentist and practice to get a good hold on it. Improper brushing technique can do a lot of harm, causing wedges in the teeth called as abrasions. Hard bristles does not refer cleaner teeth. Soft bristles are easy on the tooth and are equally effective in cleaning. Make sure you change it once in two to three months or earlier if the bristles are flaring. The dentist can also suggest, if you need to use an electric toothbrush. Also, use a fluoridated or sensitivity toothpaste based on dentist’s recommendations.
- Flossing: While brushing will help you remove food deposits from the surface of the teeth, flossing or interdental brushing is essential to clean the spaces between the teeth. This area is less accessible for cleaning and therefore, can undergo decay when food gets lodged in this area. Daily flossing or using interdental brushes help keep this area clean and free of decay. This also helps in keeping the gums healthy, as food lodged in between teeth can be a constant source of irritation for the gums.
- Mouth rinse: After each meal, especially sticky or chewy foods, remember to rinse. If you cannot get a regular mouthwash, regular water is a good substitute. This will help remove off food deposits from the teeth and help reduce the incidence of decay.
- Food habits: Reduce in-between snacking, especially of sticky or chewy foods. Include sufficient fiber in your diet to have a natural cleansing effect on the teeth. After each sugary liquid or juice consumption, remember to rinse or wash it off with plain water.
- Dental visits: Visit your dentist once in 6 months for a regular check-up. If you are good at maintaining dental health, this visit may not last more than an hour, but in the long run, it will be definitely worth the time and effort.
Following these basic steps will ensure good oral health and go a long way in the overall well-being too.