Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ankita DaftaryYour feedback matters!
I observe a small black particle moving in my right eye since two weeks. Ca n any one help me please what it indicates.
I am 20 years old and I'm suddenly facing this problem, where I get so dizzy and my heart beats increase and I just cannot stand still. Its been 3 days now and even after taking medicines, I see no change. Its been 3 days now and Its affecting my eyes too, my vision has become blur. The name of the medicine that the doctor prescribed are -Be Still 16 and Stugeron. Is this anxiety attack. I haven't been able to stand since 3 days and sudden heart rate increase and constant blackouts and blur vision. I've always had this problem, where I would back out sometimes when I suddenly got off bed or a chair but it would happen sometimes but pst 3 days I'm facing this 24/7. I can barely do anything, I've become extremely slow.
I have red eyes from last 4 days. No treatment seems to be working. What to do? Please suggest some treatment.
Hi Doctor. My daughter 17 years . Sleeps around 2to3 am. Wake's up around 1 pm. She will not study . Chat with friends and watch internet. I got fed up by saying.
I had been once infected with uveitis around 5 years ago and it was cured, but have been getting that dot like movements in my eyes once in a while when I just use wysolone 1 tab per day fr a week it goes off is this a good practice how can I get Rid of it?
I would like to use contact lenses daily. I have a power of nearly -5D. Is there anything to know about it ?
i have stress and avail eyes pain.i am work on computer please give me solution and what is the reason?
I am using spectacle for low vision no. +1 for reading, it was ok for 1 year but now It headache when I read any document from near the eyes. Is it ok or no. Has been increased .
My mother-in-law is suffering from u-vitis since last two years. Please advise any homeopathic medicine.
I am a 20 year old female. I have eye floaters in my eyes. I noticed them a long time ago, but recently the no: of floaters increased and I believe I am now experiencing what is known as 'eye-flashes Google tells me to consult a doctor right away for a detached retina. Is there really a reason for me to worry?
I have a papilledema problem, Doctor has done lumbar puncture 2 time. Now after 7 month I have again have a problem of papilledema. Now what should I do?
I have pain in my eyes for last 2 days and sometimes it cause headache please suggest me how to overcome this pain.
I am 15 year old and have poor eye sight. My glasses are of 6 both l and r. How can I better my eyesight.
Good eyesight can be an outcome of a diet rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin C. Including certain foods in your diet can be directly beneficial for your eye health and can improve your vision. Here is a list of 5 foods which will help you combat age-related vision problems and will supplement your overall eye health.
1. Eggs - Eggs are rich in vitamin A and lutein, which help you combat age-related vision problems and night blindness. Eggs are also beneficial for dry eyes and improving your eye health. Egg yolks are considered to be one of the best foods for your eyes and should be included in your regular diet. It also helps prevent age-related macular degeneration (AMD), which is one of the primary causes of blindness in the 60+ age group.
2. Leafy Greens - Leafy green vegetables like spinach and kale are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin which reduce the chance of cataracts. It is best to consume them raw as they have more antioxidants when uncooked. Other green vegetables like broccoli, collard greens, and zucchini are rich in lutein and play an important part in preventing age-related vision problems.
3. Carrots - Carrots improve your overall eye health as it contains vitamin A, the lack of which is one of the leading causes of loss of vision. The orange hue in carrots is due to Beta-carotene which helps the retina function better. Other foods rich in beta carotene are apricots, mangoes, pumpkin and cantaloupe which also contribute to healthy eyes. So make sure you include them in your diet.
4. Almonds - Almonds are rich in vitamin E, which prevents macular degeneration. Include a handful in your daily diet as it not only improves your eyesight but also effectively lowers cholesterol and prevents heart diseases. Nuts like pistachios and walnuts contain omega 3 fatty acids which contribute to the maintenance of your vision.
5. Citrus Fruits and Berries - Citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits and lemons are rich vitamin C which reduces the risk macular degeneration and cataracts. Blueberries also aid in the protection of the retina from damage caused due to sunlight and oxygen.