Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ankita Daftary
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ankita DaftaryYour feedback matters!
Im having a red pale eyes for few days. And having painful day. I can not understand what should I do. Please help me out quick from this problem. For such act of kind of kindness ill be thankful to you sir.
When I am on mobile or pc after 10 to 15 minutes suddenly I feel eye pain or headache. Why and what is the solution for this problem. I have no eye no also.
I have been getting pink bumpy and itchy rashes on my skin (legs, arms, face etc). I have consulted 3 doctors but I still have the problem. Bumps comes all of a sudden and vanishes after some time. I find my eyelids swollen one or the other day when I wake up. Eyelids swell after I go for threading too. Rashes are being noticed around the waistline if I wear a belt. One of the doctor told that it is food allergy and the other told it is due to water or climate change. I am facing this problem from 3 months. I am really worried. Please help me on this.
My mother had the operation of motiyabind for one eye at near 40 years of age and then almost after one year motiyabind operation for the second eye. Is it too early at this age to have this operation? If yes, then what could be the possible cause for motiyabind operation being too early?
Mujhe dhoondla dikhai deta hai small letters padhne me kathi nai hoti hai mere pass goggle bhi hai Goggle lagane par saaf dikhai deta hai lekin mujhe goggle pasand nahi hai what can I do that sir .
Hi I am student now I dealing with computer for software but due to long and continuous seating in front of computer I am facing eye and back problems please give any solution or medicine.
I want to know about lasik treatment I want to know what are its risks Its advantages and its passes percentage And fairer percentage Its adverse effects And also frequently asked question.
I am diabetic and consistently getting my long site vision poor. I am using cylindrical eyesight specs suggest me diet plan I am taking Glycomet gp2 forte twice a day.
Eye twitching, tics in the eyelids and spasms in the eye are pretty common. In case of eye twitching, usually the lower eyelid becomes involved. The upper eyelid may also twitch in certain cases. Twitches are not permanent in nature, and they leave after some time. In some cases, eye twitching may last for long durations of time such as weeks or months.
Eye twitching is not a critical medical condition. It is a temporary prickling and irritation in the eyes, which ceases after some time. Common twitching of the eyes is not related to any neurological disorder.
Here are some reasons which cause eye twitches:
- Stress: Every individual goes through some amount of stress, and the body reacts differently in different people as a result of stress. An eye twitch may be caused due to stress, especially related to strain in the eyes. In order to reduce stress you should practice yoga, meditation, perform breathing exercises and take a break. Reducing the stress would also cease the twitching in the eyes.
- Tiredness: Eye twitching can appear when you are fatigued or very tired. Lack of proper sleep makes your body tired, and this might trigger eye twitching.
- You should improve upon your sleeping hours and sleep more.
- Eye strain: Vision problems and any issue related to the eyes can cause stress, which may result in constant twitching in your eyes. Whenever too much stress is imposed upon your eyes, they tend to react and twitching occurs. Any problem would make the eyes put in more effort, which results in strain. You should have an eye check up if you experience an eye strain accompanied by twitching sensation in your eyes. People who use computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones for a profuse period of time experience pain and twitching in the eyes. There is a 20-20-20 rule to be followed while using such devices, which reduces eye strain and reduces itching or twitching. You can also avail special eyeglasses for people who spend a lot of time on computers.
- Caffeine: Intake of an excess amount of caffeine leads to eye twitching. Cut down your doses of coffee, tea, dark chocolates and soft drinks in case of eye twitching and you may observe an easing in the twitching.
- Alcohol: Alcohol also leads to eye twitching so you must abstain from alcohol in case you are having twitching in the eyes.
- Dry eyes: This disorder develops in people who have crossed the age of 50. People who use computers a lot also develop dry eyes, which leads to eye twitching.
Our eyes twitch because of a lot of reasons. You should know the facts right and avoid situations that lead to eye twitching.