Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Ankit MehtaYour feedback matters!
Watermelon is tasty and sweaty. So I have a doubt that can a diabetic patient eat them? If any problem please.
My age is 22, I am a male and I am getting erected very frequently, I smoke weekly once and I want to get rid of this frequent erection, can I go for any private relation for getting rid of this.
Sleep disorder. Unable to sleep at nights early and with that unable to wake-up early. What should I do to avoid those problems?
Hello doctor. I am 19 years old. And I am suffering severe pain above the penis are region. Pls advice what is my problem. There is severe pain. And can you tell me is there any other way for erection other than sex. As sex is not possible.
Sir I have a problem in my leg the problem is suddenly my left leg paining. So suggest me any solution.
I am good person doctor! Aaj occurred four years ago when I was married, and I was a night I would have sex up to four times! But today when I That I have sex once I get my Kichav Nso I think! I have enough time to be ready for sex again! I am Panis at least 4 or 5 hours to arrive stress takes! I want to know what I could be the cause of these deficiencies! how can improve
From past 2 days I am feeling indigestion. Nausea and vomiting sensation. It's causing great sense of discomfort. I am feeling the way the air sick people feel when they are flight. I am having small meals and there is no problem while having them but after sometime I am feeling extreme fullness as though I have eaten a lot. Please suggest any home remedies with no side effects. Tell the possible causes of this condition.
I had Fisher from last 15 years. Is it compulsory to go for surgery? What will happen if I leave as usual? Any growth will take place?
I am suffering with severe headache since 2 days could me suggest me any medicine. I tried crocin but no relief, could me recommend any other.
Hello sir. My problems is that I have a large constipation problems. I have tried every thing that people suggested. So please sir tell me the way to get well soon. Thanks sir.
Around 2.30 pm afternoon lunch (millets with sambar) after three hour gap (at 5.30 pm) I tested blood sugar, I shows 130, 142 like that, is it normal? My HbA1c is 5.6 recently two days back done. Or I am having diabetes? R pre diabetes? I am worried, pls Dr. any one tell me clearly even how much should be blood sugar, 3 hrs after having food?
I have yellowish nails and little fever from several days and I have red eyes from 3 days and inching very much what should I do.
How to use viagra? What to eat after viagra tab? When to have sex after eating it? What are the side effects caused by his if we use continuously?Please help sir .
Wounds and bruises are both injuries. However, they differ widely in terms of the causing factors, the nature of the injury, the pain they cause and the kind of treatment they require.
The following are a few of the myriad ways in which the two injuries differ from each other:
- A wound causes quick damage - the skin tissue is cut or punctured while a bruise (also called a closed wound) is where the skin is not torn.
- A wound is usually caused by a sharp object but bruises are the results of blunt force or trauma.
- A wound almost certainly bleeds due to ruptured tissue and blood vessels. Blunt injury also damages the blood capillaries of the skin and causes blood to accumulate under the skin tissue, creating a dark patch of skin. Blood vessels can also break due to lifting of heavy objects or overexertion of muscles.
- A wound carries the risk of infection because the skin is open but a bruise does not get infected.
- A wound has a burning or stinging sensation but a bruise is characterized by swelling and a blunt throbbing pain.
- A wound can be healed by antiseptic and antibiotic medication. Large wounds need to be closed by stitching them up to avoid severe infection. On the other hand, a bruise usually heals by itself. A cold compress and pain killers may be used to ease discomfort. Heat can be applied to the injured spot to normalize the blood flow and dissolve the blood clot.
- A wound can lead to complications like bacterial infections or the healing might be delayed by chronic diseases like diabetes. In case of a bruise, it usually does not cause complications but if there's a blunt injury to sensitive areas like the head, the tailbone or the eyes, medical attention is advised.
- Wounds and bruises can also be differentiated on the basis of their subtypes.
The different types of wounds are:
- Incision (sharp objects cutting the dermis layer of skin)
- Abrasion (the epithelial tissue is scraped off)
- Avulsion (a body structure is torn off)
- Penetration (a sharp object causes an entry and an exit wound)
- Puncture (only an entry wound caused by a sharp object)
The different types of bruises are:
- Hematoma (blood pools under the skin)
- Purpura (tiny spots of blood on the inside of the mouth)
- Contusion (similar to hematoma and caused by external trauma)
- Crush injury (caused due to a large amount of force on the body part for a long time)
Related Tip: "4 Surgical Alternatives For Burns And Wounds"