Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anju Meswani
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anju MeswaniYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 32 years old, I am getting sneezing problem only winter months so I feel very bad breathing I can't sleep night times so please suggest medicine or taking improve of my life style.
Whenever I sit for long like on bike, bus seat, bed or anywhere however cushioned I develop an intense pain at the tail bone end. Even when I sleep and tend to switch sides it pains a lot. I haven't hurt that tail bone vicinity area, that is for sure. But how is this pain? PLEASE ADVISE?
Meningitis is an acute inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord, known collectively as the meninges. The inflammation may be caused by infection with viruses, bacteria, or other microorganisms, and less commonly by certain drugs. Meningitis can be life-threatening because of the inflammation's proximity to the brain and spinal cord; therefore, the condition is classified as a medical emergency.
Causes Of Meningitis -
Meningitis is typically caused by an infection with microorganisms. Most infections are due to viruses, with bacteria, fungi, and protozoa being the next most common causes. It may also result from various non-infectious causes.
1. Bacterial :
- Haemophilus influenzae
- Escherichia coli
- Neisseria meningitidis
- Streptococcus pneumoniae
2. Viral :
- Herpes simplex virus
- Varicella zoster virus (known for causing chickenpox and shingles)
- Mumps virus
3. Fungal :
- Cryptococcus neoformans
- Coccidioides immitis
- Histoplasma capsulatum
- Blastomyces dermatitidis
- Candida species.
5. Non-infectious :
- Meningitis may occur as the result of several non-infectious causes: spread of cancer to the meninges (malignant or neoplastic meningitis) and certain drugs (mainly non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antibiotics and intravenous immunoglobulins).
Signs and Symptoms Of Meningitis -
1. Sudden high fever
2. Severe headache
3. Stiff neck
4. Vomiting or nausea with headache
5. Confusion or difficulty concentrating
7. Sleepiness or difficulty waking up
8. Sensitivity to light
9. Lack of interest in drinking and eating
10. Skin rash in some cases, such as in meningococcal meningitis
11. Poor feeding
HOMOEOPATHIC TREATEMENT FOR MENINGITIS-
Belladona,Apis mellifica,Cina maritima,Podophyllum peltatum,Baptisia tinctoria,Zincum metallicum,Helleborus niger,Urtica urens.
I am suffering from severe headache and I suffer from this pain frequently like twice or thrice a week and pain is in backside and forehead.
I am 55 years and my right feet heel is aching. I tried hotwater dip ; orthodox chappal etc. But no result. Heel sides are aching. No pain in the bones.
My penis is too small. I can't fuck easily to women.. I have to struggle for lot of time. How can I increase my penis.
Hello. I am a 12th class student. I have two problems-diet is very low according to my age and second- too much sleep. What should I do?
Sir, I always suffer from cold. My nose never remain blank. My nose jam for maximum time. I got problem in inhaling. please suggest some me what to do?
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
Sweating is a natural process of the body to release heat. Any impairment in the functioning of the sweat glands makes sweating a difficult process. It results in a condition known as Hypohidrosis, which is characterized by an inability to sweat or extremely low sweat produced. It may affect parts of your body or the entire body. When the body is unable to produce enough sweat, the body overheats, which may lead to a heat stroke.
This disorder is caused by a number of factors. A brief overview of the causes is given below:
- Damage to the nerves: Conditions that can cause damage to the nerves can hamper the functioning of the sweat glands. Some of them are diabetes, Fabry’s disease (a condition wherein fat accumulates in cells) and Parkinson’s disease.
- Skin problems: Suffering severe burns can damage the sweat glands. Some other factors that can cause similar damage are trauma, radiation and infection. Skin disorders such as psoriasis and heat rashes can also affect the sweat glands.
- Medications: Medications such as anticholinergic drugs can hamper your body’s ability to sweat out sufficiently.
- Genetic defects: In certain cases, the condition is inherited from your parents by means of a defective gene.
The symptoms of this disorder are
- Muscle pain
- Reduced sweating.
One may always feel hot from within and have a flushed appearance. Mild symptoms of this disorder are however not noticeable.
If the condition has only affected a certain part of the body, then treatment might not be required. If the disorder occurs due to an underlying problem, then the problem needs to be treated firstly. If the cause is a medication, then the doctor may prescribe an alternative medicine.
You can adopt certain preventive measures such as wearing loose clothing and avoiding overdressing. Avoid going outside when the temperature is on the rise. Cold compresses can work wonderfully in this regard. If this condition is not treated, it can lead to overheating and ultimately, a heat stroke. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!