Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Anjana A ShahYour feedback matters!
Respected Sir/mam, My friend is suffering from severe Keratoconus disease is there any cure for it in low cost.
Am 29 years old female and I have dandruff problem in my eyelashes. It is very itchy. I washed it with baby shampoo but it seems no result. And there is one small lumps on my right eyelid since last 2 yrs. I already showed to the doctors and they just suggested me to compress with warm water but it did not work. What should I do?
Eye allergies or allergic conjunctivitis involves the inflammation of the conjunctiva in the eyes. Eye allergies are different from contagious or bacterial conjunctivitis. Eye allergies are common during summer. Homeopathy is an ideal way to cure eye allergies without any side effects.
Here are some homeopathic medicines, which treat eye allergies, along with the symptoms when they are prescribed.
- Apis Mel: This homeopathic medicine is ideal for eye allergies characterized by burning and stinging in the eyes. Oedema accumulates around the eyes; the eyelids swell and become puffy. Watery discharge comes out of the eyes.
- Euphrasia: This is an ideal medicine for treating eye allergies where there is an acrid discharge from the eyes. The discharge is acidic and burns the skin it comes in contact with, and there is burning pain in the eyes. The eyes stay watery.
- Argentum Nitricum: It is an ideal homeopathic remedy in case of eye allergies with prulent discharge. The patient develops photophobia and splinter like pain is felt in the eyes. The conjunctiva swells and the discharge is abundant.
- Ruta: This is a great homeopathic medicine to cure eye allergies where there is a sensation of a foreign body in the eyes. Indicated by severe eye irritation, the patient feels as if a dust particle is stuck in his eyes. The eyes become red and quite painful.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is an ideal homeopathic medicine when there is relief due to the application of cold water. Symptoms include discharge of a thick, yellow fluid from the eyes along with itching and burning. The eyelids feel like they have been agglutinated.
In case of eye allergies accompanied by itching or burning sensation, you can apply natural home-based eye remedies as well. They are:
- Applying a cold compress: Application of cold compress around the allergy affected area will give you relief. Soak a cloth in cold water and apply it gently. Use chamomile tea bags as a cold compress.
- Use cucumber: Put slices of cucumber over the affected area in the eyes to get relief from eye allergies. Cucumbers possess anti-irritation properties and reduce puffiness, swelling and irritation.
- Rosewater: Rosewater is an effective remedy for eye allergies. It soothes and cools the eyes, and the eyes become clear. You can use rose water as an eye drop or wash your eyes with it.
- Green tea: Green tea is completely natural and provides relief to eye allergies. It accounts for soothing the eyes and is anti-inflammatory in nature.
Eye allergies are common and affect people most during the summer. They reoccur every year and give you a bad time. Homeopathic and natural treatment methods for eye allergies are among the best remedies.
My son Ishaan is 8 years old and has got conjunctivitis from yesterday night. What should I apply to cure it? Can you suggest eye drops or ointment?
Hello, am 21 age year old and since 2010 i'd been used to wear spectacles, and now I really want to remove this. I can't handle this anymore its so, irritating me I don't even have any girlfriend, this specs are curse for me. Please doctors suggest me what should I do for removing the spectacles, and there is under eye dark circles. What do I do for remove this. It will be so helpful for me.
Planning for a cataract surgery in the family. Here are the must know and eye opening facts.
Common public is often sensitized by marketing executives to go for expensive lenses in hospitals without thinking whether patients actually needs them or not as the lens mrp is 2 to 10 times the actual cost price or patient is implanted a extremely low cost lens usually in name of free surgery in charitable hospital.
Lens is major factor which determines the cost and quality of cataract surgery and its price varies from Rs. 500 to Rs. 50000.
Another important factor is the expertise and experience of surgeon which is a major determinant of surgical outcome.
Charitable surgery by charitable hospital exists only where external implants are put in patients like eye, orthopedics etc and not in neurosurgery, ent, general surgery, plastic surgery where mostly removal of the diseased part is done or modification of the surgical site is done. Charitable surgery by eye hospital is supported by vision 2020 of who.
The chances of eye infection increases if your surgery is listed lower down as compared to the first surgery on that day.
Patients are advised to have their surgery listed as first or second case. With improving standards of ot and sterilization of instruments, the infection rates have decreased drastically but why take a chance.
Once there is an eye infection following cataract surgery, there is little hope of return of vision.
Patient is advised to choose his doctor and institution or hospital where he is getting the surgery done based on its doctor's past reputation and the reputation of institution and should not get lured by free surgery camps and unless he can't afford to pay, since infection following cataract surgery needs at least 48 hours to manifest and its risk is extremely high in eye camps despite taking various measures due to unavoidable circumstances. Its your eyes after all!
Now patient should be aware of various types of iol (intraocular lenses) and its benefit over other lenses.
Cataract is also called'motiyabin" in hindi. Phacoemusification also called phaco is the most common procedure done for its removal.
Here is a complete summary of type of lens implanted in cataract surgery and it's pros and cons.
Monofocal lens- here you will need glasses to look at the near objects after cataract surgery.
Accommodating monofocal lenses (crysta lens)-a newer option, accommodating monofocal lenses, can shift from near to far vision in response to movements of the ciliary muscles in your eye, similar to the natural lens in a younger eye. These lenses offer excellent distance and middle vision, but they aren't as reliable for near vision. Eye exercises can help you get used to them, but about half of people who receive them still end up needing reading glasses.
Toric lenses-these specialized monofocal lenses are designed for people with astigmatism. Toric lenses offer focused vision at a single distance and correct your astigmatism, so you might not need distance glasses after surgery.
Multifocal lenses-like the bifocal or progressive lenses used in glasses, multifocal lenses have different areas designed for distance, intermediate, and near vision. The brain and eye figure out which part of the lens to use. The main drawback of multifocal lenses is they can distort bright light, creating more glare and halos at night.
Aspheric lens-designed to improve contrast sensitivity and visual clarity under certain circumstances.
Monovision-this implant technique uses a monofocal lens with a different power in each eye so that you don’t have to use glasses for most of your daily activities. Your dominant eye is generally set for distance, and the other eye is set for near. Many people successfully use monovision with contact lenses. Successful monovision requires cataract surgery to each eye.
One should remember that all that glitter is not gold in this commercialized world
Doctor has done 10000 phaco surgery and 50000 eye surgeries since 1986 and has pioneered phaco surgery in 1995 in bihar and jharkhand and was second person to do this surgery in whole of east india.
Consult online/book physical appointment/take a second opinion or get contact details on www.lybrate.com/arjunkumarsingh. Stay anywhere in india, get honest and unbiased advice from us.
Dr Arjun Kumar Singh, Patna
Email- drarjun53@gmail. Com